Jordan Bohannon Returning for Sixth Season at Iowa

"Jbo fatigue"

I have read and/or heard this phrase quite a bit the last 2 or 3 days. I've got mixed emotions on it. By him coming back what are those 2-4 more wins worth? He is taking minutes away from someone.

Perkins, JoeT, Uhlis: Of this group who ends up unhappy? Who does Fran have to re-recruit?

Assuming he's eligible...

Quote from DM Ragster article:
---
My original plans were not to come back. I was going to end it there and start playing professionally,” Bohannon told the Register. “I was so sure I wasn’t coming back that I hadn’t opened up a single class until (Tuesday) night.”
Academically, Bohannon must finish the semester strong to be eligible next season. He feels good about that after working hard to catch up on assignments this past week.
----

Guardedly happy/optimistic , I really like JBO , with that said was really looking forward ( good or not ) to see what the young kids could do
As others have said prior to the announcement , I would like to see him come off the bench at the 2 and let JoeT, AU, TP get their college careers going full speed

Sweet...we'll have the Wooden Award winner two years in a row! Seriously, he's gonna run away and hide with that B1G three pointers made record...the only sports record to ever rival Pete Rose and his litany of hits...

Hawk Central article basically said that all of his team mates wanted him back, which leads you to believe it's not going to cause a riff. If that can legit be the case, this is a huge get for Iowa. There isn't a single player in the portal with Jordan's resume and Iowa absolutely needed a deep threat. I don't hold out a lot of hope for JoeW to come back but let's say he somehow does... man, Iowa is looking a little different in a lot of peoples eyes.

We obviously need the shooting threat and late game Fts, dont see him getting more time though, I think it will be off the bench and late in the game, he wont be able to help much on dee as usual and maybe even worse. But he's a class kid, and to me the FT miss with the Chris Street nod will never be forgotten.

I look at it this way, if we were getting a player with Jordan’s numbers out in the transfer portal but by different name, we’d all be losing our collective shit because of how great of player it was. This is good for Iowa, we’re still gonna be young and minutes for everyone, but now we have another ball handler and a deep threat.

"Jbo fatigue"

I have read and/or heard this phrase quite a bit the last 2 or 3 days. I've got mixed emotions on it. By him coming back what are those 2-4 more wins worth? He is taking minutes away from someone.

Perkins, JoeT, Uhlis: Of this group who ends up unhappy? Who does Fran have to re-recruit?
Yes Sir, time for this guy to move on. Risk Reward here is high on the risk side considering he can not play a lick of defense and last two years of his so called career questions if he can get a shot off on his on. This is a second tier coach out of his league move. And please do not all of you partisans give me the line they finished third in the league last year a freaking covid year. OMG I am going to need to call my dealer to re-up my Herion Supply enjoy your shitty winter this year everybody.

Yes Sir, time for this guy to move on. Risk Reward here is high on the risk side considering he can not play a lick of defense and last two years of his so called career questions if he can get a shot off on his on. This is a second tier coach out of his league move. And please do not all of you partisans give me the line they finished third in the league last year a freaking covid year. OMG I am going to need to call my dealer to re-up my Herion Supply enjoy your shitty winter this year everybody.
It is always so good to hear from you. Thanks for your great post!

I look at it this way, if we were getting a player with Jordan’s numbers out in the transfer portal but by different name, we’d all be losing our collective shit because of how great of player it was. This is good for Iowa, we’re still gonna be young and minutes for everyone, but now we have another ball handler and a deep threat.

Is it worth going 21-13 and losing in the quarterfinal of the NIT? My answer would be 'no' unless it somehow guaranteed a NCAA tournament berth.

on another thread here you my friend are deluionsal his numbers were at Iowa reminder freaking Iowa who has not been to a 16 since Heston parted the Red Sea kind of like saying Troy Skinner was a baller?

I did not want to see this guy back at all but you can’t blame him for it I guess. If I were a young guard on this team I would transfer so fast after this announcement though. NIT is still the ceiling JBo doesn’t change that.

Assuming he's eligible...

Quote from DM Ragster article:
---
My original plans were not to come back. I was going to end it there and start playing professionally,” Bohannon told the Register. “I was so sure I wasn’t coming back that I hadn’t opened up a single class until (Tuesday) night.”
Academically, Bohannon must finish the semester strong to be eligible next season. He feels good about that after working hard to catch up on assignments this past week.
----
He'll be no good to us with Fortnite withdrawals!