Jordan Bohannon Questionable for MSU Game Tuesday

Back to the thread. This is going to be uggggggly. Iowa is really going to miss JoBo's 3 pt shots this game and may have problems stretching the floor.

Then add into that, Cook and Pemsl's propensity to turn the ball over when guarded close. Heck, Michigan St's going to be up in there mug on the perimeter as well which will not bode well. Iowa can't handle tight D from Penn St or Nebraska for cripes sakes, let alone Michigan State.

This could be a very ugly game for the 150 fans in the stands.

Our only chance to win is if J Bo hits 5 or more treys. We don't have anyone else who is above average from 3 so we're doomed if he doesn't play.

Considering Jordan played what I imagine was a season low for minutes against Penn State ( i didn't watch admittedly, just saw he only played like 24 minutes) and it was probably their absolute worse loss of the season (and that's saying something) - if he doesn't play tonight Iowa might lose by 40.

We saw that against Penn State.

exactly - it's not gonna be pretty. Jordan is heads and shoulders the 2nd best player on the team and absolutely the most indispensable player on the team. Albeit, not a good team, but take Jordan off of it and it WOULD be the worse squad in the conference by a lot.

exactly - it's not gonna be pretty. Jordan is heads and shoulders the 2nd best player on the team and absolutely the most indispensable player on the team. Albeit, not a good team, but take Jordan off of it and it WOULD be the worse squad in the conference by a lot.

Dailey was just as bad on defense as Bohannon is. Honestly the last few games Bohannon had looked better on defense. You can tell his foot is better.

Considering Jordan played what I imagine was a season low for minutes against Penn State ( i didn't watch admittedly, just saw he only played like 24 minutes) and it was probably their absolute worse loss of the season (and that's saying something) - if he doesn't play tonight Iowa might lose by 40.

Unfortunately I agree.

Dailey was just as bad on defense as Bohannon is. Honestly the last few games Bohannon had looked better on defense. You can tell his foot is better.

You know who's bad on defense, it's Cook. With the athleticism he has he doesn't respond well. I don't know why they have him trying to front post players. Don't know how many times I've seen him try to overplay the ball just to get beat on the backend by the guy he was guarding. I wish he'd just play in back of who he is guarding and make them face him and/or shoot over him. He needs to keep everything in front of him. Defensively, his athleticism is not making up for his size difference down low trying to front post players.

Same on the hedge play EVERY TIME down the court. Why do they keep doing this? Keep his ass in the lane and quit chasing people. Iowa's defenders are always chasing and many times their player to the rim. As a team they just need to keep players in front of them and play sensible weak side shift defense. Cripes sakes. start there and work from there. Sick of watching Iowa players overplay passes and chasing players. And for gawd sakes, stop freaking hedging when it is not needed. You are giving the opposing team a numbers advantage right away.

Last edited:
You know who's bad on defense, it's Cook. With the athleticism he has he doesn't respond well. I don't know why they have him trying to front post players. Don't know how many times I've seen him try to overplay the ball just to get beat on the backend by the guy he was guarding. I wish he'd just play in back of who he is guarding and make them face him and/or shoot over him. He needs to keep everything in front of him. Defensively, his athleticism is not making up for his size difference down low trying to front post players.

Same on the hedge play EVERY TIME down the court. Why do they keep doing this? Keep his ass in the lane and quit chasing people. Iowa's defenders are always chasing and many times their player to the rim. As a team they just needs to keep players in front of them and play sensible weak side shift defense. Cripes sakes. start there and work from there. Sick of watching Iowa players overplay passes and chasing players. And for gawd sakes, stop freaking hedging when it is not needed. You are giving the opposing team a numbers advantage right away.

I think it was the Minnesota game where he played his man tight out bybthe 3 point line and was down in his stance with his hands out and moving his feet. It looked way different and way better than we are used to seeing. All the other games he just stands there straight up and let's his guy by him before he even starts to react. .

Moss is the same way. He just stands there straight up and doesn't even react until his man is already past him. Instead of moving lateral and back at an angle to cut him off, he just turns around and jogs with his man all the way down the lane. It's the most pathetic effort you will ever see.

The fact that those 2 guys give such little effort gives me hope that we can make a big jump next year when they are starting fresh with something to play for. I'm not holding my breath tho.

Latest posts