Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

This is something I don't get, did this all go down so fast that nobody couldn't have gotten a staff member involved or anyone that worked there couldn't see this going down? It's possible, it seems like the timing on this was quite long if he had the time to throw ice, antagonize people with his phone, and throw a drink on someone but I wasn't there. It's a shame that someone couldn't have stepped in and removed Jordan from this situation, even one of his buddies.
Too bad Dalton was not working his shift to throw out the trash from the Double Deuce.

Lol. You exaggerate like HuckFinn :) You've been here long enough to know that bush league shit doesn't work on me.

By your definition all the good shit you hear about him is hearsay as well. So your altar boy opinion is just as bullshit as mine I guess?

That's a lot of CAPS. Don't get so angry.
Watching things on TV, hearing stories about him visiting the children's hospital, the stories on his recruitment, on his brothers. The B1G coverage, his fight for NIL - hearing his connection with The Streets, hearing his coach speak about him - hearing his interviews after games, hearing his teammates speak about him and him speaking on his podcast, seeing things written about him that were vetted by journalist is not hearsay. You are way smarter than this - I know that.

It's not like anyone here is sitting on a jury. If someone judges Bohannon based on heresy, who cares? Anyone here who says he got what he deserves is basing it on the assumption that the stories are true.
My point is, with all the data we have that is factually true on Jordan ( I mean dudes been in the public spotlight for 6+ years now and is one of the most polarizing players in Iowa basketball history) - people who are choosing to believe all this shit are basing it off most likely completely fabricated information that's been passed down through several channels until it gets spouted out on a message board. How do we know that the dude who says JB is a douche, isn't indeed the actual douche in a scenario? We just take a random dudes opinion? What if I think the dude who's giving me the info is a douche? Who decides? Isn't that type of thing in the eye of beholder? IMO, there's so much good info out there on Jordan - I don't care either way what someone thinks of someone else - I just want to point out how flawed that ideology is.

Yep, and not only that but you see signs of this on the court. It takes one HELL of an ego to take off your sneakers and leave them on center court in Hilton. Granted we all laughed at it and even enjoyed it. It's not hard to imagine that he carries a chip on his shoulder off the court, then you magnify that with alcohol and being in a IC bar after midnight. I don't blame him, it takes one hell of a person to accomplish what he has at Iowa to NOT carry yourself like that off the court. Not everyone can be that humble, put my head down and just play type of guy and be completely class off the court.

But some fans want to be blind to it, they gotta have PROOF!
If it isn't eye witness account and you have it recorded on your phone get that shit outa here, it didn't happen! Way too much heresay for me, I've been around to know where there's smoke there's fire.

1) Yep. Not every player is a Luka Garza.
2) Yes, they don't want to take the blinders off. They don't want to admit it.

Yep, and not only that but you see signs of this on the court. It takes one HELL of an ego to take off your sneakers and leave them on center court in Hilton. Granted we all laughed at it and even enjoyed it. It's not hard to imagine that he carries a chip on his shoulder off the court, then you magnify that with alcohol and being in a IC bar after midnight. I don't blame him, it takes one hell of a person to accomplish what he has at Iowa to NOT carry yourself like that off the court. Not everyone can be that humble, put my head down and just play type of guy and be completely class off the court.

But some fans want to be blind to it, they gotta have PROOF! If it isn't eye witness account and you have it recorded on your phone get that shit outa here, it didn't happen! Way too much heresay for me, I've been around to know where there's smoke there's fire.

ssckelley - You know what I haven't heard. One person report that he or a friend or relative has met JoBo and said he's a hell of a guy, great guy, humble guy. Not ONE!

Take that for what it's worth.

My point is, with all the data we have that is factually true on Jordan ( I mean dudes been in the public spotlight for 6+ years now and is one of the most polarizing players in Iowa basketball history) - people who are choosing to believe all this shit are basing it off most likely completely fabricated information that's been passed down through several channels until it gets spouted out on a message board. How do we know that the dude who says JB is a douche, isn't indeed the actual douche in a scenario? We just take a random dudes opinion? What if I think the dude who's giving me the info is a douche? Who decides? Isn't that type of thing in the eye of beholder? IMO, there's so much good info out there on Jordan - I don't care either way what someone thinks of someone else - I just want to point out how flawed that ideology is.

Yea, but anybody could post an 8 line paragraph of all his shitick to.

Note: I for once never stated he deserved a sucker punch, though. I know you never said I did but I just want to put that out there. Sucker punching is the most pussy way of going.

But as you also noted that's with the cameras rolling and under a basketball/University umbrella. I don't know the guy personally so it's not for me to say with any certainty that he is/isn't a douche. And truthfully my opinion as we all know is absolutely meaningless. But while your claim is that that "people are choosing to believe all this shit are basing if off most likely completely fabricated information being passed down..." those arguments your making on his behalf could be completely fabricated with the camera rolling and him in the spotlight.

What we know...he has a massive ego on the court and draws a lot of attention to himself with his antics on the court. I don't think it's necessarily out of line for opposing fans, who know absolutely nothing about him, to think of him as an absolute douche on the court because of those antics and I don't necessarily think those speaking out against him are off base. There's a difference between what is deemed acceptable behavior on the basketball court and what is deemed unacceptable behavior off of it. I think it's fair to say, without knowing someone personally, that while it may be ok and supported on the court, off it is a different story.

We see a lot of high profile individuals do a ton of good things in the spotlight and eventually find out they aren't the same people we thought they were. I'm not saying your wrong by any means, but at the same time your argument about all the good information out there IMO is as credible as those saying otherwise.

This recent line of conversation is absurd. If he is or isn't a jerk doesn't matter. We can't go walking around as a society punching every jerk we come across. I'd say you're probably 50% on if a high level college football or basketball player is a jerk. They don't all need punched.

I wonder if it's completely fabricated that he spends his off time visiting the Children's Hospital? I wonder if those donated shoes are completely fabricated and actually during his off time he's burning the wings off of flies instead of practicing defense?

Look, I get not everyone is what they appear to be. Jesus, I am not an idiot. But to just assume that Jordan's a Dbag based of him being a cocky player on the basketball court is also a real big stretch. I mean, George Kittle carries himself similarly to what Jordan does when he's on the field. I've met him. Saw him wearing his hat backwards. Saw him slam beers with some frat dudes once. Totally bro'd out. Had a cut off sleeve shirt. Now, to some, that's fucking awesome, but to the same guys labeling Jbo an out of control Frat boy should now think that George Kittle is a douchebag.

Of course not. He's fucking awesome and so is Jordan, by all public accounts expect for anonymous internet dipshits or 2nd hand handed down intel

Watching things on TV, hearing stories about him visiting the children's hospital, the stories on his recruitment, on his brothers. The B1G coverage, his fight for NIL - hearing his connection with The Streets, hearing his coach speak about him - hearing his interviews after games, hearing his teammates speak about him and him speaking on his podcast, seeing things written about him that were vetted by journalist is not hearsay. You are way smarter than this - I know that.

I kinda get where you are coming from. It's always a surprise for me to hear about a celebrity that seem like the greatest person on TV turn out to be a real prick in person when the cameras are off. Perhaps some day you will learn that there are people that can present a perfect life, do charitable work, act like the greatest person but can still be a dick in person or when drunk in a bar after midnight. I mean it's still great he does all of those things, don't get me wrong, but that still doesn't mean he's a joy to be around in person.

Teammates, coaches....come on man, you really think a teammate or a coach is going to tell someone that JBo is a prick in person? I can't imagine a BTN crew following athletes around when they go to a bar after midnight. They create these feel good stories about our athletes because that sells, and people like you and me will watch it.

This recent line of conversation is absurd. If he is or isn't a jerk doesn't matter. We can't go walking around as a society punching every jerk we come across. I'd say you're probably 50% on if a high level college football or basketball player is a jerk. They don't all need punched.

But I'd also go as far to say there's very little sympathy for those "asking" for it or provoking it. I've never been in a fight in my life, but I don't go around looking for them either. Not saying anyone "deserves" it, but there's definitely those that I do not and will not feel sorry for when it happens.

No, regardless of how he is in person he did not deserve to get hit like that. But, OTOH, I do hope that if he did instigate some of this that he's held accountable.

I wonder if it's completely fabricated that he spends his off time visiting the Children's Hospital? I wonder if those donated shoes are completely fabricated and actually during his off time he's burning the wings off of flies instead of practicing defense?

Look, I get not everyone is what they appear to be. Jesus, I am not an idiot. But to just assume that Jordan's a Dbag based of him being a cocky player on the basketball court is also a real big stretch. I mean, George Kittle carries himself similarly to what Jordan does when he's on the field. I've met him. Saw him wearing his hat backwards. Saw him slam beers with some frat dudes once. Totally bro'd out. Had a cut off sleeve shirt. Now, to some, that's fucking awesome, but to the same guys labeling Jbo an out of control Frat boy should now think that George Kittle is a douchebag.

Of course not. He's fucking awesome and so is Jordan, by all public accounts expect for anonymous internet dipshits or 2nd hand handed down intel

But Kittle isn't widely viewed by "anonymous internet dipshits" or those receiving 2nd hand handed down intel as a douche. I just don't understand why is illogical to think that one source is more credible than the other. It's undisputable that he's done a lot of good as you mentioned, but to use that information to disprove others that could be completely credible IMO is off base.