Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

Insert whatever words you are more comfortable with that describe what happened, he had a head injury that required medical attention. Those are the words the media is using to describe it, some even use the word 'serious' which wouldn't make my phase "head bashed in" all that inappropriate.

If all he was doing was running his mouth he didn't deserve that, even if he did toss a drink on someone. Let's not go off on a tangent due to a ticky tacky word I used that you don't think is appropriate, stay on topic here Mr Mod.

I don't condone the use of violence on anyone other than when necessary for defensive purposes and I think sucker punches are total bullshit. However, what always gets lost in these sorts of things is the notion that our society has basically eliminated consequences for all sorts of actions, doubly so if you are BMOC. This "no consequences" phenomenon is then exacerbated by a bunch of absolutely horrendous mass media content where people are further conditioned to believe that acting like a total narcissistic jackass is socially acceptable behavior. Mass media also programs people to think that "being disrespected" is the worst thing imaginable. What this creates is a fucking powder keg.

There should be a consequence for tossing a drink on someone. It's ridiculous, childish behavior. So while we can say maybe this guy didn't "deserve" to get sucker punched, if he actually was disrupting a wedding party, I for one am not going to shed a tear for the guy if he got sucker punched in reaction to that. To become a man proper, some people just need their ass kicked once to understand the notion of consequences. Some men will develop a functioning frontal lobe through social conditioning of rewards ("good job on the test today Timmy, you can play your video game") and punishments ("oh little Timmy, you are on timeout"). Others need it beaten into them. Again, I'm not saying I condone this, but getting your ass kicked can really go a long way toward improving you as a man.

I don't condone the use of violence on anyone other than when necessary for defensive purposes and I think sucker punches are total bullshit. However, what always gets lost in these sorts of things is the notion that our society has basically eliminated consequences for all sorts of actions, doubly so if you are BMOC. This "no consequences" phenomenon is then exacerbated by a bunch of absolutely horrendous mass media content where people are further conditioned to believe that acting like a total narcissistic jackass is socially acceptable behavior. Mass media also programs people to think that "being disrespected" is the worst thing imaginable. What this creates is a fucking powder keg.

There should be a consequence for tossing a drink on someone. It's ridiculous, childish behavior. So while we can say maybe this guy didn't "deserve" to get sucker punched, if he actually was disrupting a wedding party, I for one am not going to shed a tear for the guy if he got sucker punched in reaction to that. To become a man proper, some people just need their ass kicked once to understand the notion of consequences. Some men will develop a functioning frontal lobe through social conditioning of rewards ("good job on the test today Timmy, you can play your video game") and punishments ("oh little Timmy, you are on timeout"). Others need it beaten into them. Again, I'm not saying I condone this, but getting your ass kicked can really go a long way toward improving you as a man.
I'll go out on a limb and guess JBo wasn't spanked as a child. Like many many others nowadays.. In different circumstances he's lucky that what happened wasn't a hell of a lot worse.

Even folks on the 'no violence' no matter what crowd would have a knee jerk reaction of some kind when a dude throws drinks on them or their ladies for no reason. Add in the mouthing off and you're talking about human nature coming into play more so then anything rational. Yes some folks have the self restraint to just walk away. Key word is some. Many do not and if a 24 yr old JBo thinks that's a fun way to have a good time by antagonizing strangers by doing shit like that then that says a lot about him.

So he's at a fork in the road. Is he going to be that guy that keeps acting that way thinking his shit doesn't stink. Or will he grow up?...

Yes some folks have the self restraint to just walk away. Key word is some. Many do not and if a 24 yr old JBo thinks that's a fun way to have a good time by antagonizing strangers by doing shit like that then that says a lot about him.

I'd say the vast majority of folks have the self restraint to walk away. I'd also say that on the continuum of bad shit someone could do, this is pretty tame. Some people are really fucking crazy.

I did say in one of my previous posts that if it is true that Jordan was verbally assaulting someone and tossed a drink he should have consequences. I agree with that 100%, but should those consequences be a serious head injury?

I'm far from shedding a tear for the guy, I don't know Jordan personally but he doesn't sound like someone I'd enjoy hanging around. But to say he "deserved" this isn't right, at least based on verbal abuse and a drink toss. A person can walk away from a verbal attack, they can wipe off themselves if a drink gets tossed on them, these are things that can be taken care of in a few minutes but a serious head injury is something that can a long time to recover from.

Soo I'm sure some of you if you were drunk and running your mouth and someone knocked you the F out...

Your conclusion would be _"I deserved it"

Somehow I don't think so... It's easier to feel that way when it someone else or someone not close to you.

I'm by no means a saint and have done some really stupid shit drunk, but I'd absolutely own it if I got knocked the F out. That's where friends come in, but I guarantee if I was drunk enough to be running my mouth and putting myself in that position then I'm absolutely going to own up to it.

Would you think it was someone else's fault if you were drunk and your mouth got you into something it shouldn't have. I'd think most of us would own it. We wouldn't be proud of it, but I think we'd own it.

You read my comments you know exactly what I meant. I didn’t defend Jordan, I didn’t say he didn’t deserve an ass beating, but he didn’t deserve a sucker punch. If that’s how you solve problems, so be it, but it’s chicken shit! I was in plenty altercations growing up, never did I sucker punch anyone. If I had the balls to step up to anyone it was face to face.

Maybe you're right and no one deserves to be sucker punched, but if I had to pin it to a stereotype that would be most likely to get sucker punched it'd be the guy with his head cocked to the side with his phone out recording it. I've been in a ton of arguments with people (no fights) and never once has someone pulled the cocked head Karen stance in which I didn't just want to swing away. Now I'm not saying he should have been sucker punched, but based on his body language in that video I'm guessing there wasn't a person in the vicinity that didn't want to throw down.

Lol that you think Jordan acting like is about him being rich - really?

so your kid got brain damage from his head slamming on the concrete - you'd feel the same way?

Just bad luck in that case i guess right?

Not trying to be that guy, but at what point is a person held accountable for their actions. I'm not saying he should have got hit, but we can point fingers all day. Why can't they both be held accountable for their involvement? Like others have posted it's totally possible to behave in a manner in which you deserve to get your ass kicked, but I don't necessarily want to see that guy (Jordan or anyone else) suffer long term consequences from it.
But at the same time I'm not sure how you justify that the behavior is acceptable and not hold a person accountable based on the outcome of the fight and/or whether they got hurt or not.

I finally watched the video. If you froze time and ask everyone in-frame to raise their hand if mommy and/or daddy still pay your cell phone bill, I all but guarantee every single person raises their hand.

Conclusion: none of you are anything resembling tough and whatever the hell you are fighting over at a college bar in Bumfuck Iowa City, IA is stupid. Go home and sleep it off, meatheads.

I'll go out on a limb and guess JBo wasn't spanked as a child. Like many many others nowadays.. In different circumstances he's lucky that what happened wasn't a hell of a lot worse.

Even folks on the 'no violence' no matter what crowd would have a knee jerk reaction of some kind when a dude throws drinks on them or their ladies for no reason. Add in the mouthing off and you're talking about human nature coming into play more so then anything rational. Yes some folks have the self restraint to just walk away. Key word is some. Many do not and if a 24 yr old JBo thinks that's a fun way to have a good time by antagonizing strangers by doing shit like that then that says a lot about him.

So he's at a fork in the road. Is he going to be that guy that keeps acting that way thinking his shit doesn't stink. Or will he grow up?...
Go to a bar in a rough neighborhood... lots of people doing bad things.. not worried about getting knocked the F out - many were spanked or worse as children.

This narrative that jordan's drunken idiocy is because he is a spoiled brat is ill concieved.

While it could some truth behind it - in the end its meaningless in quantifying this type of behavior.

Yeah its the affluent people you gotta watch out for at bars - their dangerous snobs.

If he is spoiled or not... really means nothing... I'd say people of his background are actually less likely to start brawls at bars.

Prisons and jails would back me up on that...

Last edited:
Anyone remember the details about the football player charged with murder in 1980 for a bar stabbing (I think)?

Filtering out the fact they didn't go to Iowa, what were his brothers like?
I don't know about the brothers but I had a class with his dad years ago at Iowa. He seemed down to earth and approachable, which kind of surprised me at the time because he was the starting QB for the football team. I did not know him well at all but he did not seem to have the same type of character traits that are being associated with JB.

I'd say the vast majority of folks have the self restraint to walk away. I'd also say that on the continuum of bad shit someone could do, this is pretty tame. Some people are really fucking crazy.
It also comes down to folks in those settings... After midnight in a bar after your 5th drink.... Sure in church sober as a can be most folks have self restraint but that is a fluctuating number based on all the other factors too