Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

Well, it's hard to tell a whole lot from that video. It's a pixelated hot mess. But going by what I've read here, JBo was being a grade A douche and was begging to get his lights punched out. That's exactly what happened. Right or wrong, he walked into that situation.

I'm not defending anyone here on either side, but if you act like that, especially when everyone has had a few drinks or more, then you should expect to get popped. If you want to pop someone that is being an obnoxious pr!ck, I understand it, but that comes with consequences, too.

As for the sucker punch, hitting someone that can't see it coming is dirty bush league BS IMO, even if the recipient deserves it.

After all the dust has settled, it basically sounds like we have a bar full of people that should all have spent the night in the slammer.

I'd be inconsolable if something like that happened to my kid, but I'd also know that he chose to put himself in that position and made a series of dumb choices that directly led to what happened to him.

Physically assaulting someone because they piss you off is never justified is my point.

Yeah Jordan was dumb for putting himself in that situation - but it doesn't mean its fair game to punch someone. That's a moral rabbit hole that leads to bad places.

If I did what Bohannon did, wrecking people's good time, acting like an entitled rich kid throwing drinks around at people and daring a guy to hit me while I filmed him, that's exactly what my conclusion would be.

If my kid did something like that and got punched, that's exactly what my conclusion would be.

Tell me...

What should one's expectation be for what happens to them in that situation? "Oh, I'm acting like the world's worst person and egging that group of people on...they should just be nice to me, help me take a seat on the curb, and give me a ride home?"

Is that what you're saying he should have expected?
The lack of self awareness of some folks never ceases to astound me...

If someone is going to purposefully antagonize guys that have been out drinking what kind of rocket scientist does one have to be to think of what could happen next? Hell that's not even factoring him being who he is and whatever reputation/popularity he has.

I don't think anybody is jumping up and down advocating for sucker punching. But that dude coulda walked up to him and said I'm going to give you 2 seconds to put your phone down and I'm going to punch you and the result may have been fairly similar...

plus you can just tell the dislike for bohannon in all of this.

Is bohannon a prick? yeah probably.. but so fucking what... I lived in the dorm with football players - more of them were pricks than werent and some did much worse shit than bohannon.

If I did what Bohannon did, wrecking people's good time, acting like an entitled rich kid throwing drinks around at people and daring a guy to hit me while I filmed him, that's exactly what my conclusion would be.

If my kid did something like that and got punched, that's exactly what my conclusion would be.

Tell me...

What should one's expectation be for what happens to them in that situation? "Oh, I'm acting like the world's worst person and egging that group of people on...they should just be nice to me, help me take a seat on the curb, and give me a ride home?"

Is that what you're saying he should have expected?
You read my comments you know exactly what I meant. I didn’t defend Jordan, I didn’t say he didn’t deserve an ass beating, but he didn’t deserve a sucker punch. If that’s how you solve problems, so be it, but it’s chicken shit! I was in plenty altercations growing up, never did i
The lack of self awareness of some folks never ceases to astound me...

If someone is going to purposefully antagonize guys that have been out drinking what kind of rocket scientist does one have to be to think of what could happen next? Hell that's not even factoring him being who he is and whatever reputation/popularity he has.

I don't think anybody is jumping up and down advocating for sucker punching. But that dude coulda walked up to him and said I'm going to give you 2 seconds to put your phone down and I'm going to punch you and the result may have been fairly similar...
At least that would have been the manly approach. Instead he opted for the blind side sucker punch.

You read my comments you know exactly what I meant. I didn’t defend Jordan, I didn’t say he didn’t deserve an ass beating, but he didn’t deserve a sucker punch. If that’s how you solve problems, so be it, but it’s chicken shit! I was in plenty altercations growing up, never did i

At least that would have been the manly approach. Instead he opted for the blind side sucker punch.
Its not clear thats what happened for sure - but the blind side sucker punch is definately acceptable by younger generations... I teach high school and its a common way that kids do it these days.

People defending the physical assault has me dumb founded. No, Jordan DID NOT "deserve" to get his head bashed in. I can think of a few examples of where someone would deserve getting their head bashed in and mouthing off drunk in a bar isn't one of them. If it's true Jordan was verbally abusing people and threw a drink on someone (which we don't even have all the details of that) there are MANY ways to deal with that than having to resort to punching him in the head and causing damage.

Who cares that he carries himself like a jackass? Don't hang around the guy then, especially when he's drunk as alcohol tends to intensify those flaws.

Physically assaulting someone because they piss you off is never justified is my point.

Yeah Jordan was dumb for putting himself in that situation - but it doesn't mean its fair game to punch someone. That's a moral rabbit hole that leads to bad places.
Even if it's not "fair game," a reasonable person would know that acting that way there's about a 100% chance you're getting your ass kicked. Which is why (right or wrong) it was his own fault. The reason I brought up him being rich was that it's painfully obvious he's been totally sheltered and protected from any kind of struggle or consequences in his life because mom and dad have always been there to protect him and clean up any messes he causes, whether it's money or influence.

We've all met a million brats like him in our lives. Well, Now Bohannon gets into the real world and he's got a 24 year history of never having to worry about what consequences of his actions might be, and that's when the "you can't do shit to me because I'm Jordan Bohannon" comes out and he ends up catching one on the chin. He should have been taught at some point that you can only push people so far before you're going to have to pay the piper.

But @PCHawk nailed it when he said a guy can deserve getting his ass kicked and the guy doing the ass kicking can be wrong at the same time.

This isn't true AT ALL, no good excuse whatsoever to physically assault someone. Not in this situation and your stance on all of this has me shocked.

edit - no good excuse in this situation, I can think of times when someone should get their ass kicked

People defending the physical assault has me dumb founded. No, Jordan DID NOT "deserve" to get his head bashed in. I can think of a few examples of where someone would deserve getting their head bashed in and mouthing off drunk in a bar isn't one of them. If it's true Jordan was verbally abusing people and threw a drink on someone (which we don't even have all the details of that) there are MANY ways to deal with that than having to resort to punching him in the head and causing damage.

Who cares that he carries himself like a jackass? Don't hang around the guy then, especially when he's drunk as alcohol tends to intensify those flaws.

I used to know some footbal players at Iowa that enjoyed going to the bars just to F people up. They actually kept stats on it.

This was in the Fry era - not sure they could get away with it today however.

Last edited:
Even if it's not "fair game," a reasonable person would know that acting that way there's about a 100% chance you're getting your ass kicked. Which is why (right or wrong) it was his own fault. The reason I brought up him being rich was that it's painfully obvious he's been totally sheltered and protected from any kind of struggle or consequences in his life because mom and dad have always been there to protect him and clean up any messes he causes, whether it's money or influence.

We've all met a million brats like him in our lives. Well, Now Bohannon gets into the real world and he's got a 24 year history of never having to worry about what consequences of his actions might be, and that's when the "you can't do shit to me because I'm Jordan Bohannon" comes out and he ends up catching one on the chin. He should have been taught at some point that you can only push people so far before you're going to have to pay the piper.

Maybe... but you can find hundreds of kids acting like jordan of all races, and wealth on any weekend.

Tough to conclude drunken idiotic behavior is about "privledge"

I used to know some footbal players at Iowa that enjoyed going to the bars just to F people up. They actually kept stats on it.

This was in the Fry era - not sure they could get away with it today however.
A good friend of mine got in a fight with Colin Cole back in the day, ended up ripping off his gold chain and he'd wear it around. Ran into Colin again one day at Spoco and Colin gave him a finger-gun to the head gesture. Not a guy I'd mess with.

A good friend of mine got in a fight with Colin Cole back in the day, ended up ripping off his gold chain and he'd wear it around. Ran into Colin again one day at Spoco and Colin gave him a finger-gun to the head gesture. Not a guy I'd mess with.

Who do you hang out with?

How did the fight start?

Were you the little guy egging it on?

plus you can just tell the dislike for bohannon in all of this.

Is bohannon a prick? yeah probably.. but so fucking what... I lived in the dorm with football players - more of them were pricks than werent and some did much worse shit than bohannon.
Yup it can be dangerous to meet your heros....

It's nice and cool when these guys are great people and make it easy and fun to root for. But try explaining to a young 9 yr old kid that the same guy that was hugging Chris Streets folks after missing that FT on purpose is the same guy that does what he does when he goes out to bars?.. People are people. Nobody is perfect all the time so tread carefully when putting pretty much anyone on a pedestal.

A little embellishment there???

No one got their "head bashed in." You're making it sound like a horror movie.

Insert whatever words you are more comfortable with that describe what happened, he had a head injury that required medical attention. Those are the words the media is using to describe it, some even use the word 'serious' which wouldn't make my phase "head bashed in" all that inappropriate.

If all he was doing was running his mouth he didn't deserve that, even if he did toss a drink on someone. Let's not go off on a tangent due to a ticky tacky word I used that you don't think is appropriate, stay on topic here Mr Mod.

Who do you hang out with?

How did the fight start?

Were you the little guy egging it on?
Not sure, I wasn't there. Hahah I haven't been called a little guy since junior high.

He was a heavyweight wrestler in high school, I wouldnt mess with him for sure.