Jordan Bohannon Involved in Physical Altercation

Look, I've heard more than enough about Bohannon from people who've met him to know he's not a guy I'd try to associate with in my personal life. Is he an idiot? Yeah. Does he "deserve" (there's that word again) to die or get permanently messed up? No.

But @PCHawk nailed it when he said a guy can deserve getting his ass kicked and the guy doing the ass kicking can be wrong at the same time.

At the end of the day its not a big deal. He got obstinate and drunk, and threw drinks on people celebrating a wedding (several people who were there have posted about it in Twitter). Then when he got confronted he whipped the phone out and dared someone to kick his ass, and somebody called his bluff. I would imagine this is probably going to be something that's going to stick with him and embarrass him for a really, really long time which is good. Guys like that need to be knocked down a peg once in a while. Whoever hit him got damn lucky that he didn't hit his head on the corner of a table or have s seizure or something. Not a smart move when you look back on it, but the heat of the moment is a real thing.

Bar fights have been happening for literally hundreds of years, folks. This ain't no big deal. Humble pie is usually good for people and likely the only thing hurt is his pride. Severely.

I mean think about the next time he steps in Hilton and imagine the hilarious signs and memes people are going to make everywhere he goes.
Good point about Hilton. JBo did not make life easy on him there or other places he will visit. Grandpa Settles chant will seem like child's play now.

2 thoughts.....1) nothing good happens after midnight 2) when you are a Hawkeye athlete and you decide to hit the bars you better travel with your posse and keep your mouth shut. There's always some drunk punk looking to cause trouble.
1000% correct

I'd never get hired as a coach because I'd try to set a rule that players can't go to bars or be out after 10 pm. I see zero upside to it. If you're going to prioritize going to bars and your social life over being a D1 athlete then go for it but as a coach I wouldn't want them doing that. Obviously no coach is that draconian but I bet some wish they could be.

JBo has probably been out hundreds of times similar to that. With nothing having happened. Yet pretty much every one of those times also had the chance of what happened happening too.

There's always a "Mr Fight guy" at the bar it seems like. You know the guy that after a couple beers doesn't even need a reason to start something. You mix in guys running their mouths and any kind of popularity of one of the people being involved and there's nothing surprising about this at all. Just glad it wasn't any worse or happen any more often

1000% correct

I'd never get hired as a coach because I'd try to set a rule that players can't go to bars or be out after 10 pm
Brands did that for a while and he also picked his wrestlers' roomates. That was part of the deal if you wrestled. You had a curfew and got told who you were living with. It worked but you can't do that stuff anymore.

Wrestlers are probably the worst group to be out in the bars because the testosterone crowd + booze always want to prove something. There's a reason when you're in Iowa City if you see one Hawk wrestler you see 15 others. They travel in a pack.

Fun side note, I ran into Mike Zadick one time at FryFest, asked him if he wanted to go takedowns for a buck a piece. He laughed his ass off and high-fived me. Took a picture with him sitting on my shoulders like you do with your kids when they're little. Chillest guy I've ever met.

I outweighed him by 100 lbs but he would've folded me up like a lawn chair.

Deserving an ass kicking and it being wrong to kick someone's ass who does deserve it can both be true at the same time. I would never be the guy doing the punching, but I would sometimes be the guy who said "well, he deserved it" after someone else did the punching.
Exactly more then one thing can be true. From everything I've read and seen so far I feel that he deserved to get hit. But I'm not down with the way that it did. Sucker punching isn't cool or justifiable. Jordan must have felt like his shit didn't stink or he was pretty drunk himself to do that and run his mouth. I mean that's practically common sense to know if you do shit like that that you'd be provoking a response. Be it a punch of any kind or not that's just a beyond stupid thing to do.

That is a lie. Misdemeanor assault? Where the F did that come from?

That is a lie. Misdemeanor assault? Where the F did that come from?
  • any act intended to result in offensive physical contact or to place another in fear of imminent offensive physical contact, coupled with the apparent ability to execute the act, ....
If he threw the beer, then yes it could be argued.

Huck seriously have you sought help with dementia issues or have you been a grumpy old man for a long time?

A lie is an untruthful assertion. The speaker intends to cause belief in the truth of a statement that the speaker believes to be false. Hence, a lie involves an intention to deceive. The speaker also implicitly assures or promises the hearer that the statement that is made is true.

Therefore you state about a Lie is in fact a.... lie.

It's hard for me to make an opinion on whether he deserved getting blasted from the video. If it's true he was throwing drinks or ice then I guess if you mess with the bull you get the horn.

• any act intended to result in offensive physical contact or to place another in fear of imminent offensive physical contact, coupled with the apparent ability to execute the act, ....
If he threw the beer, then yes it could be argued.

Huck seriously have you sought help with dementia issues or have you been a grumpy old man for a long time?

A lie is an untruthful assertion. The speaker intends to cause belief in the truth of a statement that the speaker believes to be false. Hence, a lie involves an intention to deceive. The speaker also implicitly assures or promises the hearer that the statement that is made is true.

Therefore you state about a Lie is in fact a.... lie.
You have to cut him some slack. He was rapid fire posting at midnight, obviously he was six Velvet Cokes in by that time.

Brands did that for a while and he also picked his wrestlers' roomates. That was part of the deal if you wrestled. You had a curfew and got told who you were living with. It worked but you can't do that stuff anymore.

Wrestlers are probably the worst group to be out in the bars because the testosterone crowd + booze always want to prove something. There's a reason when you're in Iowa City if you see one Hawk wrestler you see 15 others. They travel in a pack.

Fun side note, I ran into Mike Zadick one time at FryFest, asked him if he wanted to go takedowns for a buck a piece. He laughed his ass off and high-fived me. Took a picture with him sitting on my shoulders like you do with your kids when they're little. Chillest guy I've ever met.

I outweighed him by 100 lbs but he would've folded me up like a lawn chair.
Gotta be a bit careful with this one to protect the guilty.

I was a bouncer at The Fieldhouse for a couple years during college, not because I was all that tough, but because I knew all of the FB and BB players and most of the wrestlers since I was a student manager for the FB team. So, if one of the athletes started to get a bit disorderly I could usually talk them down, so to speak, or I could have their team mates get them out before they caused too much of a hassle.

One night I came into work and the other bouncers all sported black eyes or butterfly bandages. When I asked what happened I was told that three wrestlers, all under 160 lb, had basically cleaned out the bar the previous night. Took on bouncers, customers, you name it.

The story I was told by my boss was that the owner of the bar had a talk with Gable, and these three were banned. I’m not sure what punishment Gable meted out, but I’m sure he wasn’t happy. But, no charges were filed.

Moral of the story: don’t mess with wrestlers, regardless of their size.

Bullshit. Saying something some asshole doesn’t like does not mean you have a right to assault him. Put the fucker in jail. You can visit him there and tell him what a big tough guy he is.
Where did I say he deserved getting punched? I'm smart enough and old enough to know if I get liquored up run my mouth there is a good chance someone is going to shut my mouth. There is a fine line to what someone deserves. Am I glad he got hurt No. Am I surprised he got punched No. Welcome to reality pal.

Lol,

I don’t know that was the quickest lateral movement I have seen out of him in years.

Obviously he is ok or else I wouldn’t be joking around like that.

Unfortunately there have been occasions where people have been punched and went down and hit their heads and died from their injuries. There is never an excuse for violence like that. Force should never be used except in cases of self defense. Those of us with any amount of martial arts training know this.

Should he be out in public if he is intoxicated? Absolutely not as he is a public figure and represents his team. If he hasn’t already done so he owes his teammates an apology for being a poor example in public.

Once he gets his head straight I would expect him to get a good talking to from Fran. Wouldn’t even surprise me one bit if he is looking at some sort of suspension. Given the situation he may change his mind about returning.

I am glad no one was seriously injured. I hope that lessons can be learned from this.
Perhaps even his own Dad too....

Gotta be a bit careful with this one to protect the guilty.

I was a bouncer at The Fieldhouse for a couple years during college, not because I was all that tough, but because I knew all of the FB and BB players and most of the wrestlers since I was a student manager for the FB team. So, if one of the athletes started to get a bit disorderly I could usually talk them down, so to speak, or I could have their team mates get them out before they caused too much of a hassle.

One night I came into work and the other bouncers all sported black eyes or butterfly bandages. When I asked what happened I was told that three wrestlers, all under 160 lb, had basically cleaned out the bar the previous night. Took on bouncers, customers, you name it.

The story I was told by my boss was that the owner of the bar had a talk with Gable, and these three were banned. I’m not sure what punishment Gable meted out, but I’m sure he wasn’t happy. But, no charges were filed.

Moral of the story: don’t mess with wrestlers, regardless of their size.

Have you seen that video of the Oklahoma rassler just absolutely destroy that football player in the bathroom at that bar? OMG, it's hilarious. By the time the football player even realized he had stepped into a fight the side of his face was covered in piss.

Look, this guy is like a month away from being 24 years old. I have some degree of sympathy if a dude who is say 21 loses their shit in a bar and cocks off, but I lived in IC when I was 24 and you have to be a fucking moron to be hanging out at the bar cocking off when you're that age. You're old enough to know better. And what the F is the deal with him taking out his phone in this shit? F man, when you're in that spot there are two things you need to do. Number 1, get distance. Number 2, keep your hands free and head on a swivel. You don't go act like some fucking Karen recording someone inside Costco for not wearing a mask.

I suppose the posters who feel Jbo didn't deserve this would also feel sorry for Gorilla girl who styled her hair with Gorilla Glue. She didn't deserve that either I guess.

I was aware of this incident before it was released from a few friends who were there that night. Jordan earned everything he got. He was throwing drinks on a wedding party from a balcony above and running his mouth to guys twice his size who were pissed off at him for throwing the drinks. He was not assaulted. He earned a punch. End of story.
Makes sense, it happened directly in front of DCs which has a 2nd floor/balcony

Look, this guy is like a month away from being 24 years old. I have some degree of sympathy if a dude who is say 21 loses their shit in a bar and cocks off, but I lived in IC when I was 24 and you have to be a fucking moron to be hanging out at the bar cocking off when you're that age. You're old enough to know better. And what the F is the deal with him taking out his phone in this shit? F man, when you're in that spot there are two things you need to do. Number 1, get distance. Number 2, keep your hands free and head on a swivel. You don't go act like some fucking Karen recording someone inside Costco for not wearing a mask.

Experience?

Have you seen that video of the Oklahoma rassler just absolutely destroy that football player in the bathroom at that bar? OMG, it's hilarious. By the time the football player even realized he had stepped into a fight the side of his face was covered in piss.
Wrestlers are dangerous, man. The thing about 'em is that a 125 lb college wrestler can dismantle 99% of the general population no matter what size they are, but they look about as intimidating as Radar from MASH. The key is to look for cauliflower ear. I'm not someone who starts shit and never have been, but if you see that it's a dead giveaway that whatever you might think about doing is a bad idea.

Yeah he messed up that dude pretty good too. It was a WR I believe he beat down. I can think of a lot of places I don't want to be. Being cornered in a bar bathroom with a pissed off wrestler in front of me is at the top of the list...