Jordan Bernstine Interview with Redskins

Hawkeye27

Jordan Bernstine, similar to Adam gettis was featured on the Redskins segment on getting to know rookies. He talks about feeling honored that Kirk Ferentz would put in a good word for him. He also says one of the biggest adjustments will be calling plays from the safety position. In his free time he loves to play call of duty on PS3. The announcer jokes that his last name "Bernstine" doesn't really fit the profile for his actual appearance. Finally, Bernstine describes his play as "Physical." He said that he likes to step up in the run and tackle. I really like Jordan Bernstine, in fact he was one of my favorite Hawkeyes to get drafted because he could be the sleeper of the draft. He is a physical specimen who was overlooked by most due to his short starting career. However, he runs in the 4.3's and 4.4's, jumps out of the gym and likes to hit. I hope he makes the team, but his best option to make the team might be on special teams. Anyway, that is the gist of it. Do you think Jordan will make the team?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn-tQ5UPd6U]Jordan Bernstine, Safety, Redskins 7th round draft pick- HD - YouTube[/ame]

He is going to have to make the team either at kickoff coverage or kickoff return or punt coverage or return. He has the speed and physicality to make the plays.

He is going to have to make the team either at kickoff coverage or kickoff return or punt coverage or return. He has the speed and physicality to make the plays.

Agree that his special teams contributions make him very likely to make the team. Then he'll have his chance to earn time on the defensive end.

I was hoping JB would have ended up staying in Black & Gold...the Steelers secondary could use his physicality and speed as it seems to be non-existent after Polamalu...

I've never been much of a Redskins fan, but drafting RG3, Cousins, and 2 Hawkeyes makes them much more likeable in my eyes. I think Bernstine will make the team for two reasons. First, I think he can make an impact on special teams. Second, I think he'll go hard every day in camp, such is the Hawkeye way.

I was hoping JB would have ended up staying in Black & Gold...the Steelers secondary could use his physicality and speed as it seems to be non-existent after Polamalu...

Not to hijack the thread.....I did not realize William Gay signed with Arizona, there is hope my friend, there is hope.

JB has a good shot at making the team as a special teamer, gunner, maybe even returning kicks. I am not a Redskin guy so I do not know what type of scheme they run or how JB could fit in.

I've never been much of a Redskins fan, but drafting RG3, Cousins, and 2 Hawkeyes makes them much more likeable in my eyes. I think Bernstine will make the team for two reasons. First, I think he can make an impact on special teams. Second, I think he'll go hard every day in camp, such is the Hawkeye way.

I feel exactly the same way. I was never a huge fan, but for the same exact reasons that you mentioned, I am becoming more of a Redskins fan. Hopefully they will take more Hawkeyes once they see their work ethic.

Not to hijack the thread.....I did not realize William Gay signed with Arizona, there is hope my friend, there is hope.

JB has a good shot at making the team as a special teamer, gunner, maybe even returning kicks. I am not a Redskin guy so I do not know what type of scheme they run or how JB could fit in.

I'd like to see a return of "Face Me" Ike..."Burn Me" Ike is no fun to watch...:(

JB will shine when they get pads on I am pretty sure. He likes to lay the wood. Does he do flooring? ;)

Latest posts