Jon Stewart's take

Stephen Colbert > Jon Stewart

Stewart can at least be semi-serious most of the time, with a lot of tongue-in-cheek phrasing.

I can't watch Colbert because it's so blatantly sarcastic (and often times stupid, imo) that it just gets annoying after about 5 minutes.

Stewart can at least be semi-serious most of the time, with a lot of tongue-in-cheek phrasing.

I can't watch Colbert because it's so blatantly sarcastic (and often times stupid, imo) that it just gets annoying after about 5 minutes.
--------------------
Both are walking cliche's. For one it's a schtick...but the other takes himself seriously. That's the ultimate irony.

Come on people Jon Stewart is the most trusted news person on TV!

Seriously though, the clip was funny in an appropriate kind of way. I still like the clip tehboat put up earlier more though.

Sexual immorality led to decline of the Roman Empire. What does the PSU and the Catholic church scandal have to say about the American people?

History check.. the Roman Empire actually fell when it converted to full fledge Christianity. The fall of the Empire was a result of too far stretched military forces and not enough military strength to enforce the borders. Every Germanic tribe went into full fledged attack mode and that was the fall of the second greatest civilization.

Don't worry. Those @$$hole students and those who follow will be paying off the victims long after JoeFail's shattered honor is dead and gone.

The Catholic Church priest scandals are happening everywhere in the world...Now the scandals have hit Mexico and Brazil as well as Ireland and Germany. Catholic numbers are dropping like flies. And the pope(s), of all people, protected and tried to hide the abuse.

The Catholic Church has suffered greatly from these coverups as they should have.

I suspect PSU is going to get theirs also.

Interesting side note: In Africa, priests are openly defying the Vatican and are living with wives and have a family. How long before this defiance spreads to other parts of the Catholic world? I grew up Catholic and always thought it was a crazy rule. It is no wonder the church has so much trouble getting young men to become priests...especially heterosexual men. What the Catholic Church won't admit is that many of their priests are gay (and gay does not mean pedophile) while at the same time the church denounces homosexuality.

Denial is wondrous...

The Roman empire was divided in two; the Western, headquartered in Rome which most of you seem to be referring to, and the Eastern (later to become Byzantium), headquartered in Constantinople/Istanbul, which flourished long after the "fall" of Rome. The Byzantine empire was every bit as "Christian" as the Western part, but did not fall at the same time, FWIW.

Latest posts