Jon Rothstein says Clemmons is one of the 10 best kept secrets

Nice to see Clemmons get recognized. Hopefully KF took a few notes at the Iowa-ISU game. 1) Iowa fans like to beat ISU. 2) Play a style fans like to watch and players like to play. 3) Win by outscoring the opposition. 4) Play freshman if they are better than upper classmen.

Nice to see Clemmons get recognized. Hopefully KF took a few notes at the Iowa-ISU game. 1) Iowa fans like to beat ISU. 2) Play a style fans like to watch and players like to play. 3) Win by outscoring the opposition. 4) Play freshman if they are better than upper classmen.
1) That's football.
2) We just need to execute better
3) The best way to win is by not losing
4) Seniors give us the best chance to win

Man that BRIANTE WEBER from VCU was a find. He had 10 steals in one game... thats crazy.

I like how this basketball thread about Clemmons getting some love turned into a KF thread, good work.

Clemmons starting at PG over MG is proof that scouting is a flawed. MG is still my favorite true freshman from this class. I think his willingness to move to the 2 shows how mature he is as a player and a person.

I hope Clemmons keeps it up into B1G play, same with all the guys but this piece having Clemmons is great for him and the program.

The constant punks who troll the BB forum with Coach Ferentz references is not only old and weak but those posters should be banned from the BB board. Spank do something about it... it's starting to become irritating.

As for the good find from the OP... thanks. I would suggest that Coach Fran has followed up "HOW to evaluate and recruit talent" from year 1... Melsan... to year 2 "Whitey" to year 3.. "Sapp"... is second to none. ie in the nation.

This guy knows what he is doing and does it well.

Izzo is going to regret for the next 4 years that Sapp was just an average Mid-Major talent that had nothing to do his High School success and the success of his "Big Ten" talented team mates he did recruit.

The constant punks who troll the BB forum with Coach Ferentz references is not only old and weak but those posters should be banned from the BB board. Spank do something about it... it's starting to become irritating.

As for the good find from the OP... thanks. I would suggest that Coach Fran has followed up "HOW to evaluate and recruit talent" from year 1... Melsan... to year 2 "Whitey" to year 3.. "Sapp"... is second to none. ie in the nation.

This guy knows what he is doing and does it well.

Izzo is going to regret for the next 4 years that Sapp was just an average Mid-Major talent that had nothing to do his High School success and the success of his "Big Ten" talented team mates he did recruit.

Why the hell is Clemmons called Sapp?

Why the hell is Clemmons called Sapp?
Sapp is a nic name he picked up playing DB for his Michigan HS FB team, I don't feel he was overlooked as I feel most thought he would be playing FB.
the Michigan people had him ranked as the #1 PG and 3rd best player in their state. ESPN had him ranked #72 2* best PG in the country
Scout and Rivals had him as a unranked 3*
had he committed to MSU or Michigan he would have been a 4*, just like with White had he picked OSU he would have been a 4* and would have been more than just a name in consideration for BT Freshman of the year, even this seasoin he gets very little mention which he would have got had he chosen OSU

Anthony Clemmons was never going to play college football he was always a point guard who got MAC offers. Fact is Fran knows how to spot talent.

When he was younger & first started playing football, he played on the defensive line. He busted thru the line like crazy. Nobody could stop him. So his teammates started calling him Sapp. After the NFL d-lineman.

It's important to note that Clemmons was also kind of fat as a younger boy, albeit very quick for his size.

Latest posts