Jon, Remember My Thread on DJK........

This was fairly common knowledge around IC for a little while. Sorry for saying it was a "rumor" instead of saying "this is for real" fellas (and ladies). Was hoping it wasn't true and didn't mention the drugs because if it wasn't true I would have felt pretty bad. But what I was told,let me repeat, by someone that would know what is up, has been spot on with anything he has so graciously passed on to me. It wasn't a coincidence Jon.

Hightower:

Last week, what was posted, I followed up on it, contacted someone very close to DJK, and they said he was not kicked off the team. His mother was in fact worked up about it, and wondered why the heck people were saying that. DJK went home for the weekend, as was planned ahead of time. DJK actually emailed me, for the first time as I have never spoken to him outside of a press setting, asking what the latest rumor was now, sort of a 'here we go again' inquiry, and he said there was nothing to it.

Which is why I posted what I posted last week, that the rumor last week was 100% false, because the party involved told me, the family confirmed the same thing.

As for this latest revelation today, it's shocking. May be coincidence with regards to the stuff from last week. Had he been kicked off the team, it would have gotten out through teammates...that didn't happen.

I think this is coincidental to last week, the rumor that got started elsewhere.

However, this stuff tonight...ugh...oh my gosh stuff...incredibly disappointing stuff.

That last sentence pretty much sums it up. Incredibly disappointing that something like this would happen.

I'm not surprised about the pot. Its common knowledge that college kids smoke pot. Gasp! Yes even football players! But blow and prescription drugs? Wow...Found pot and other drugs in his urine sample. Ouch.

This was fairly common knowledge around IC for a little while. Sorry for saying it was a "rumor" instead of saying "this is for real" fellas (and ladies). Was hoping it wasn't true and didn't mention the drugs because if it wasn't true I would have felt pretty bad. But what I was told,let me repeat, by someone that would know what is up, has been spot on with anything he has so graciously passed on to me. It wasn't a coincidence Jon.

Jon is right and you are wrong.....

I understand why Jon pulled the thread. Prior to being an official police action you cant let stuff like that run unchecked on the boards. It doesn't mean Ed was right or wrong, and it doesn't mean Jon was right or wrong.

Jon's been pretty uniform that until something shows up in an official statment or in police documents that it's not fit for discussion.

I understand why Jon pulled the thread. Prior to being an official police action you cant let stuff like that run unchecked on the boards. It doesn't mean Ed was right or wrong, and it doesn't mean Jon was right or wrong.

Jon's been pretty uniform that until something shows up in an official statment or in police documents that it's not fit for discussion.

This has pretty much been my policy and will continue.

That said, when something turns out in the wash, I will certainly come back and shed light on a thread that was deleted and make sure the OP's rep is underscored...just like I have no problem admitting when I am wrong on a subject or topic.

haha,
Nope I'm on the calling unnecessary travels, blowing my whistle 5 times for a foul, going to the monitor to see how I look and doing the electric slide charging call task force.

The whole situation is unfortunate. He's a good dude from a good family, just got mixed up and made some poor decisions, like we all have, he just is now having to deal with it and doing so as such a public figure.

haha,
Nope I'm on the calling unnecessary travels, blowing my whistle 5 times for a foul, going to the monitor to see how I look and doing the electric slide charging call task force.

The whole situation is unfortunate. He's a good dude from a good family, just got mixed up and made some poor decisions, like we all have, he just is now having to deal with it and doing so as such a public figure.

You are correct and I will edit my previous post. When I posted that it was intended to ease the burden, the comedy of a well known pop culture reference, of what seems to be and will probably continiue to be a rather grime time in the storied history of Iowa Football.

There but for the grace of God go I.

Why would you? How else would we get our rumors that bash one of the greatest Hawks of all time.

Thanks for your continual support..........may not have the necessary "post count" that so many base credibility on. Sorry, maybe I'll start padding my post count. It wasn't bashing, it was the truth..and sometimes that hurts.

As I stated in another thread, DJK seems to be a pretty good dude from a great family that made some poor decisions that he is now dealing with. I certainly can't cast a stone because the Lord knows I have made mistakes too, I just don't happen to be such a public figure. I passed on what I knew and some didn't want to believe it, which is fine, many unsubstantiated rumors are present especially when you can throw them out there with an anonymous name. Jon and I messaged and are on the same page I think. This isn't about right and wrong info passing, it is about a young man that now has to face a very tough challenge in his life. I totally understand Jon pulling the original thread. I just brought it back up because I heard from Iowa City this afternoon that crap was hitting the fan once and for all regarding this. DJK was on a slippery slope as it was and this was the final nail, obviously.

Hightower:

Last week, what was posted, I followed up on it, contacted someone very close to DJK, and they said he was not kicked off the team. His mother was in fact worked up about it, and wondered why the heck people were saying that. DJK went home for the weekend, as was planned ahead of time. DJK actually emailed me, for the first time as I have never spoken to him outside of a press setting, asking what the latest rumor was now, sort of a 'here we go again' inquiry, and he said there was nothing to it.

Which is why I posted what I posted last week, that the rumor last week was 100% false, because the party involved told me, the family confirmed the same thing.

As for this latest revelation today, it's shocking. May be coincidence with regards to the stuff from last week. Had he been kicked off the team, it would have gotten out through teammates...that didn't happen.

I think this is coincidental to last week, the rumor that got started elsewhere.

However, this stuff tonight...ugh...oh my gosh stuff...incredibly disappointing stuff.

This has pretty much been my policy and will continue.

That said, when something turns out in the wash, I will certainly come back and shed light on a thread that was deleted and make sure the OP's rep is underscored...just like I have no problem admitting when I am wrong on a subject or topic.[/QUOTE]

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

As a daily reader of this site but someone who doesn't often post, I appreciate that unsubstantiated rumors about players are often removed because I'd rather not waste time trying to sort through bogus information and probably would stop using this website if I did have to do that.

I'm sure there are many others like me who are in the same boat -so thanks to Jon for putting together a good site.

Right on cue, high and mighty clone fan shows up.
Just pointing out that jon mentioned he had no issue admitting when he was wrong but when he was wrong, he states coincidence. In this case he states his source is DJK and DJK's family. If I were jon, I wouldn't trust a thing that comes out of DJK's mouth considering the current circumstances and I doubt DJK kept his mom up to date on his social activitites. jon doesn't admit he was wrong but instead sayd it was "coincidence."

I won't cast stones at iowa players and illegal activities. Most football programs have their share of problem childs. iowa has just had a bad run the last 5 years.

Last edited:

Latest posts