Jon, Remember My Thread on DJK........

SirEdHightower

...........from last week that got pulled and you referred to it as "absolutely bad information?" Hearing anything more regarding this?

The ppl I spoke with last week related to this could not be any better sources on djk. Unless I was lied to then the day I spoke with those ppl last week, I think last weeks stuff was bs. That stuff started as someone posting bs on another board trying to intentionally spread a rumor.

Last edited:
Actually Jon, I didn't receive any info from another site. What I shared came from a homosapien that I deem extremely credible. Not sure why you assume "I got it from another site." I am not a rumor monger. The only other info I have shared pertained to the BB coaching search and that was correct. Now I see Moorehouse has mentioned some turmoil, any insight to what he is talking about?

Actually Jon, I didn't receive any info from another site. What I shared came from a homosapien that I deem extremely credible. Not sure why you assume "I got it from another site." I am not a rumor monger. The only other info I have shared pertained to the BB coaching search and that was correct. Now I see Moorehouse has mentioned some turmoil, any insight to what he is talking about?

Reading Marc's twitter page, I get the impression that he's talking about Paul Rhoads as opposed to anyone on the football team.

Maybe I'm just interpreting things differently, but I think if anything had happened with DJK that there would have been a mention of it at the press conference.

Yet you started by stating it was a rumor.

Last week, I spoke with either parties involved and/or people with first hand access to parties involved. That's what I typically do.

I only made one contact last week, mostly doing it to exonerate the person involved in the rumor, as that is typically the case. Then a few people directly reached out to me to also debunk that last week. Given exactly WHO did that, I felt comfortable last week saying what was posted was 100% inaccurate, and that was that DJK had been kicked off the team, last week.

As for what may be being said now, I am not going to chase it down, because this would be a daily affair given the amount of stuff that gets posted and turns out to be BS.

Sure, the stuff that winds up happening typically starts on the message boards and has since they have been around. But most of it is shadow chasing, and I am not going to chase this one until I think there is reason to. If that means the nebulous for stuff like this begins elsewhere, I am OK with that.

Reading Marc's twitter page, I get the impression that he's talking about Paul Rhoads as opposed to anyone on the football team.

Maybe I'm just interpreting things differently, but I think if anything had happened with DJK that there would have been a mention of it at the press conference.

I don't give any credence to what we hear at KF's press conferences. However, I do agree with your reading of MM's tweet. To read anything else into it seems like a major stretch.

And it is all probably moot, because MM has backed off.

Hightower:

Last week, what was posted, I followed up on it, contacted someone very close to DJK, and they said he was not kicked off the team. His mother was in fact worked up about it, and wondered why the heck people were saying that. DJK went home for the weekend, as was planned ahead of time. DJK actually emailed me, for the first time as I have never spoken to him outside of a press setting, asking what the latest rumor was now, sort of a 'here we go again' inquiry, and he said there was nothing to it.

Which is why I posted what I posted last week, that the rumor last week was 100% false, because the party involved told me, the family confirmed the same thing.

As for this latest revelation today, it's shocking. May be coincidence with regards to the stuff from last week. Had he been kicked off the team, it would have gotten out through teammates...that didn't happen.

I think this is coincidental to last week, the rumor that got started elsewhere.

However, this stuff tonight...ugh...oh my gosh stuff...incredibly disappointing stuff.