Jon Miller?

Oh I know, and I didn’t truly expect an answer. But I took it as perhaps he was stepping aside from Hawkeye Nation altogether, and that’s where I was looking to go with the conversation.
Since he said 50 days which is roughly Jan1, I’d imagine he’s splitsville after the first of the year and turning it over to someone else. I’m sure he makes way more money in his day job and who wants to interact with mad fans for 8 boring seasons out of 10 from 500 miles away...

I didn't get the vibe that Diesel is looking to hang it up at all in that cast. He said he picked Iowa 8-4 to start the year, they are trending at about that. I just think he looks at the program realistically. It's not really going out on a limb to say a coach in his 21st season isn't going to change his blocking scheme in the last few years of coaching. Implementing something like that like comes with a lot of lumps. He doesn't want to take lumps his last few seasons. That's probably pretty true.

I didn't get the vibe that Diesel is looking to hang it up at all in that cast. He said he picked Iowa 8-4 to start the year, they are trending at about that. I just think he looks at the program realistically. It's not really going out on a limb to say a coach in his 21st season isn't going to change his blocking scheme in the last few years of coaching. Implementing something like that like comes with a lot of lumps. He doesn't want to take lumps his last few seasons. That's probably pretty true.
I think people were getting at the fact that Miller said in 50 days someone else was going to do the bolcking of trolls on HN's twitter account. 1st of the year sounds like a good clean cutoff date if he's leaving.

I think people were getting at the fact that Miller said in 50 days someone else was going to do the bolcking of trolls on HN's twitter account. 1st of the year sounds like a good clean cutoff date if he's leaving.
oh I must have missed that.

That's kind of a cousin-breeder phrase. Were Buckeye fans who wanted Earl Bruce canned fair weather? I would say they were the opposite. Real Buckeyes understood the phrase "best interest of the program".
You’re missing my point. I’m not criticizing him, and I would like to see a new HC. That doesn’t change the fact that Jon loves KF when he’s winning, even if it’s once a decade anymore.

Who has Stanley put up the numbers against? The nobodies. He won't play a down in the NFL. Other teams have athletes, speed, we don't outside of maybe 2 guys on offense. They also have coaches that exploit the weaknesses of the opposition, and make adjustments if something isn't working. We have the coaches son as OC and he doesn't have a friggin clue what he is doing. Neither does KF anymore. This program will continue to sink as long as the Ferentz clan remains in Iowa City.

We are saying the same thing. I agree. Stanley has not stepped up against solid competition. I don't think he has a tough road win to hang his hat on. When I stated he has numbers, he's up there with yards and TD's along with some of Iowa's greats, so he's there, you can't discount that. Is that from starting so many years, probably. Yes, he's put up numbers against mediocre competition.

The only game that I can ever remember him being able to hang his hat on is the Ohio St. game. That game it was almost as if the coaches said F it, might as well let him free. The coaches called such a free style game that game and Stanley played free. They then tightened the ship up again right after that which doesn't make sense. Let them free. Let the players play. Mind numbing.

Last edited:
I have been paying close attention to JM on the twitter and podcasts for several years and I have reached a definitive conclusion that he has been held hostage somewhere in the Middle East by a religious sect for the past few seasons.

I also think he's moved down to OK and started a religious compound. He's the next David Karesh. Explains all the black snakes he has around the "property". Wink Wink.

I suspect the government will be doing a raid at some point.

Latest posts