Jon Miller Thank You

GrandpaHawk

Just returned from our trip and would like to thank you,Hawkeye Nation and Primesport for a well organized 1st class trip.From the experience at the airport,lunches on the seats,getting to the Omni,the happy hour, the Hawkeye Tailgate at the game and the buses always there to take us was ran smoothly.The staff at the hotel was very helpful in getting us transportation to wherever we wanted to go.The experience at the stadium was horrendous,it took forever to get in because security wasn't handled well and the stadium could use a upgrade,need this century scoreboards.I would suggest in the future it would be nice to at least offer a 4th day so we could sightsee.

I agree 100%. I have been to 3 bowls, one where I made all of my own arrangements (82 Rose), one with a different charter (1st Orange), and this Rose Bowl with Primesport. This was far and away the best experience from airport check-in on Wednesday morning until we got home last night. The tour staff were helpful, and the hotel was welcoming and accommodating, especially the concierge and doorman who patiently taught me how to use Uber to save a few bucks getting around LA. Except for the game, it was an absolutely wonderful trip due to the professional conduct of the Primesport staff.

We stayed at the Sheraton which was just completing a remodel, so the room was new and nice. The first room I was given was occupied when I got their and had to get a second room.
My only real complaint is that our parade tickets were (section 155, row R) in the staging area. Thus we were behind 2 trees so our view was impeded. Also, because we were in the staging area before the parade started most bands didn't play for us. Thank God for the Japanese band and the Iowa band. Both were great.
For another $10, Prime Sports could get us in the stands at the corner of Orange Grove and Colorado. This was a real disappointment. Other than that I have no major complaints. Well, the game of course.
I will say I will never go to another Rose Bowl as they have had 102 years to get their system down and failed. You couldn't get into the stadium, and once you did you couldn't get to the concessions stand or the rest rooms. Total fail by the Rose Bowl.

Thanks all...Prime did a fantastic job at executing logistics...nothing of this scale can be perfect, but they did a great job!

We stayed at the Sheraton which was just completing a remodel, so the room was new and nice. The first room I was given was occupied when I got their and had to get a second room.
My only real complaint is that our parade tickets were (section 155, row R) in the staging area. Thus we were behind 2 trees so our view was impeded. Also, because we were in the staging area before the parade started most bands didn't play for us. Thank God for the Japanese band and the Iowa band. Both were great.
For another $10, Prime Sports could get us in the stands at the corner of Orange Grove and Colorado. This was a real disappointment. Other than that I have no major complaints. Well, the game of course.
I will say I will never go to another Rose Bowl as they have had 102 years to get their system down and failed. You couldn't get into the stadium, and once you did you couldn't get to the concessions stand or the rest rooms. Total fail by the Rose Bowl.

All the Stanford fans warned us about this. They all said "take a leak on your way in and hold it the rest of the game".

I was disappointed by the venue itself as well. I guess I expected a big grandiose stadium, but it's really in some rough shape. I did like that they actually have vendors walking the stands like at big-league events. Wish Kinnick would do that so I wouldn't have to miss any of the game going to grab a snack.

A big thank you to Jon, and Primesport, for the great job of taking care of all those who went with the package through Hawkeyenation! It was a bit on the spendy side, but part of that was out of their hands. The travel to and from all the events were well run, in nice busses, with various sack lunches on the trip! I think we were all thankful that we had a Chartered Flight out, as they seemed to be the only flights flying out on time. The Hawkeye swag we received at the Hotel was a nice surprise!
The HN Tailgate, and the happy hour in the Omni were well run, and had all the food and drink one could want. The Hawkeye Huddle event could learn a thing or two, on how to run that part from primesport. The Omni was a 4-5 star hotel, and it showed. Great accommodations, and the food there, though spendy, was excellent!
The Rose Bowl seats were great as well! I was so in awe of where I was, with the SG Mountains in the background, that I didn't have a problem with the age of the Stadium, it is the Granddaddy after all. I had goose bumps leading up to kickoff with the flyover and the Iowa band playing the National Anthem!
I agree with DSHawkFan, the seats for the parade are my only suggestion for improvement. Being at the very beginning, you missed out on the performances of many of the bands, as they just walked by our locations, and the trees did get in the way of pictures. It was still a memorable and pleasant experience however! Surrounded by hundreds of fellow hawk fans, breaking out in various Hawkeye chants before the parade. Definitely have to see the parade in person to truly appreciate it!
I will highly recommend future bowl trips to anyone looking to go on a well organized trip, where you don't have to worry about a thing, and you get to see and experience the best the trip has to offer. Well done HawkeyeNation.com!

PS. It was nice to meet GrandpaHawk and his lovely wife while waiting for our Starline Tour bus to arrive at the Omni. That's the other nice thing with a trip like this, you get to travel with fellow Hawkeye fans in a large group, and you have a chance to meet fans from other parts of Iowa.

Last edited:
Surprised that UCLA fans put up with the lousy facilities for each home game. They don't seem like a "take a leak before you go in and hold it" kind of fan base.

RickHawk, we also enjoyed talking to you and your wife,if you see Ben just tell him to tell his mom that you seen Dan and Jen in sunny California.

A big thank you to Jon, and Primesport, for the great job of taking care of all those who went with the package through Hawkeyenation! It was a bit on the spendy side, but part of that was out of their hands. The travel to and from all the events were well run, in nice busses, with various sack lunches on the trip! I think we were all thankful that we had a Chartered Flight out, as they seemed to be the only flights flying out on time. The Hawkeye swag we received at the Hotel was a nice surprise!
The HN Tailgate, and the happy hour in the Omni were well run, and had all the food and drink one could want. The Hawkeye Huddle event could learn a thing or two, on how to run that part from primesport. The Omni was a 4-5 star hotel, and it showed. Great accommodations, and the food there, though spendy, was excellent!
The Rose Bowl seats were great as well! I was so in awe of where I was, with the SG Mountains in the background, that I didn't have a problem with the age of the Stadium, it is the Granddaddy after all. I had goose bumps leading up to kickoff with the flyover and the Iowa band playing the National Anthem!
I agree with DSHawkFan, the seats for the parade are my only suggestion for improvement. Being at the very beginning, you missed out on the performances of many of the bands, as they just walked by our locations, and the trees did get in the way of pictures. It was still a memorable and pleasant experience however! Surrounded by hundreds of fellow hawk fans, breaking out in various Hawkeye chants before the parade. Definitely have to see the parade in person to truly appreciate it!
I will highly recommend future bowl trips to anyone looking to go on a well organized trip, where you don't have to worry about a thing, and you get to see and experience the best the trip has to offer. Well done HawkeyeNation.com!

PS. It was nice to meet GrandpaHawk and his lovely wife while waiting for our Starline Tour bus to arrive at the Omni. That's the other nice thing with a trip like this, you get to travel with fellow Hawkeye fans in a large group, and you have a chance to meet fans from other parts of Iowa.
Nice experiences...

Surprised that UCLA fans put up with the lousy facilities for each home game. They don't seem like a "take a leak before you go in and hold it" kind of fan base.

But I don't think UCLA sells out the Rose Bowl either. They hit 80K once this season but that is still 12K less than the Rose Bowl capacity.

Latest posts