Jon Miller: Flannel Shirt Brigade?

That phrase cracked me up and I've used it since then in conversation. ;)
BTW this thread is doomed for lock/deletion.
I miss the cave sometimes. People sure got really worked up there sometimes. It's funny to watch two people with totally different points of view argue back and forth. They were never going to change each other's minds, yet they kept trying so hard to prove that they were "right". It usually ended in some pretty entertaining name calling.

I miss the cave sometimes. People sure got really worked up there sometimes. It's funny to watch two people with totally different points of view argue back and forth. They were never going to change each other's minds, yet they kept trying so hard to prove that they were "right". It usually ended in some pretty entertaining name calling.
You can see the same thing on the sports boards whenever you want. Just start an Iowa vs. ISU thread. Potential topics include Hoiberg's band of transfer misfits versus Iowa's saintly academic reputation and the fact that Iowa gets to beat up on a bunch of Big Ten weaklings to get bowl eligible every year while ISU actually has to play quality football teams.

You can see the same thing on the sports boards whenever you want. Just start an Iowa vs. ISU thread. Potential topics include Hoiberg's band of transfer misfits versus Iowa's saintly academic reputation and the fact that Iowa gets to beat up on a bunch of Big Ten weaklings to get bowl eligible every year while ISU actually has to play quality football teams.

Yup.
Quality teams like North Dakota, Toledo, Kansas, Texas Tech. They are also lucky Iowa still puts Ferentz on the sideline. Iowa would have beat ISU this year if they would have had the cheerleaders coaching.
Okie State sucked this year.
Texas sucked this year.
West Virgina ok but nothing special.

Fact is, ISU is horrible, regardless of their schedule.

Yup.Quality teams like North Dakota, Toledo, Kansas, Texas Tech. They are also lucky Iowa still puts Ferentz on the sideline. Iowa would have beat ISU this year if they would have had the cheerleaders coaching.Okie State sucked this year.Texas sucked this year.West Virgina ok but nothing special.Fact is, ISU is horrible, regardless of their schedule.
North Dakota State is better than 11 of the 12 teams that Iowa played this year. They would have RAPED Iowa. There would have been a federal sexual assault investigation afterward.