Jon: Is Ferentz Interviewing Tomorrow With KC?

LOL, my strong sense is Jon checks this site about once every 2-3 days. Doesn't exactly seem like much of a priority to him.

I used to post on a ton of topics...now I don't. I read quite a few each day...I just post less than I used to in threads.

I love how people talk to Jon like he has any insight or sources into what's going on with the larger issues in the program. This thread proves that he's just as worthless as the rest of us when it comes to those things.

I wrote an article about my thoughts on Ferentz and the Chiefs. It's on the front page and has been since Sunday. I don't buy it. I don't buy what Marty tweeted. Sometimes you don't need to have hardcore contradictory info to refute something..common sense and reason are always there.

ESPN said that the Chiefs are in Philly to interview Reid, so I doubt it.

ESPN was showing that Reid was most likely going to the Phoenix Cardinals, seems like Reid may get to pick where he wants to go as he is probably at the top of the list for quite a few of the teams that have openings.

I also saw the old Packers coach who retired after their super bowl win in '08 is throwing his hat in the ring for a possible head coaching job.

ESPN was showing that Reid was most likely going to the Phoenix Cardinals, seems like Reid may get to pick where he wants to go as he is probably at the top of the list for quite a few of the teams that have openings.

I also saw the old Packers coach who retired after their super bowl win in '08 is throwing his hat in the ring for a possible head coaching job.

Lindy Infante?

It is unbelievable to me that people still bite on OK4P's ridiculous "sucker punch" threads.

I didn't start this thread. I suspect Ferentz will be gone to the NFL unless we can find some money for a raise and give him a two year extension. We had 3 straight top 10 finishes about a decade ago so I think we better get the checkbook out.

I didn't start this thread. I suspect Ferentz will be gone to the NFL unless we can find some money for a raise and give him a two year extension. We had 3 straight top 10 finishes about a decade ago so I think we better get the checkbook out.

We better give him more than 2 years just to be safe. 5 more years at $5 million a year should do it. With all these NFL teams beating down his door, we don't want to take any chances.

Harty blog: Ferentz is smart to say nothing about NFL rumors | Hawk Central

Pat has it all figured out.

But guys throwing money at a problem doesn't do any good. What Iowa needs to do is have the Ferentz family adopt another kid who is currently in 9th grade so by the time Stephen is about to graduate, he will have another kid coming through to walk-on at Iowa. When they can adopt another kid in 9th grade, then when Adopted Ferentz gets to be a senior in college, adopted #2 Ferentz gets there he he will be looking at around 2023-2024. By then Kirk will be ready to retire and Brian can take over.

OK4P, is it legal to force an adoption on the Ferentz family?

We better give him more than 2 years just to be safe. 5 more years at $5 million a year should do it. With all these NFL teams beating down his door, we don't want to take any chances.

Turnover in the NFL is very high so we need to do something. I'd say two years with $500k bump as a minimum but I would also insist that Barta lead with that plus raising the buyout from 75% of the remaining value to 100% and settle for nothing more than 120% buyout so we could pay him over $5.5mm per year not to work if we ever had to terminate him. We need to show the guy a level of commitment that the NFL won't show him. I'm getting pretty sick of his name getting thrown out there EVERY TIME there is an NFL opening. No more short lists.

Harty blog: Ferentz is smart to say nothing about NFL rumors | Hawk Central

Pat has it all figured out.

But guys throwing money at a problem doesn't do any good. What Iowa needs to do is have the Ferentz family adopt another kid who is currently in 9th grade so by the time Stephen is about to graduate, he will have another kid coming through to walk-on at Iowa. When they can adopt another kid in 9th grade, then when Adopted Ferentz gets to be a senior in college, adopted #2 Ferentz gets there he he will be looking at around 2023-2024. By then Kirk will be ready to retire and Brian can take over.

OK4P, is it legal to force an adoption on the Ferentz family?

I'd rather go with some sort of in vitro gender selective process so we can have another Ferentz male in the bloodline and that way we can keep Captain until 2035 or 2036. I will donate my wife's womb to carry the youngster, but bince she's getting up there, maybe someone with a younger wife than mine could offer up those services.

Turnover in the NFL is very high so we need to do something. I'd say two years with $500k bump as a minimum but I would also insist that Barta lead with that plus raising the buyout from 75% of the remaining value to 100% and settle for nothing more than 120% buyout so we could pay him over $5.5mm per year not to work if we ever had to terminate him. We need to show the guy a level of commitment that the NFL won't show him. I'm getting pretty sick of his name getting thrown out there EVERY TIME there is an NFL opening. No more short lists.

If you are really worried about the money, he needs to sign a contract with the salary as more of a "blank check" type of thing, each month Ferentz can come in and write down what he feels he earned that month.

I'd rather go with some sort of in vitro gender selective process so we can have another Ferentz male in the bloodline and that way we can keep Captain until 2035 or 2036. I will donate my wife's womb to carry the youngster, but bince she's getting up there, maybe someone with a younger wife than mine could offer up those services.

My wife is 36, I'm sure she would be willing to do what it takes to keep KF here, even if that means donating her womb. She loves my demeanor on football Saturdays, especially this past season.

If you are really worried about the money, he needs to sign a contract with the salary as more of a "blank check" type of thing, each month Ferentz can come in and write down what he feels he earned that month.

While I like this strategy as the ultimate retention tool (and one that has served America's publicly traded corporations well save for that one time the entire financial system almost tanked), I fear that our fan base would make it counterproductive. Captain would roll out of a game like the Central Michigan game and think "Man, I really left a steaming pile of dung on the field, I deserve $1 this month." But then, later that night when he rolled into Carlos O'Kelly's for his delicious post game meal and had some meathead walk up to him and start talking smack, he'd think "Man, I put up with a lot of crap and now I'm gonna need to put an extra 6 feet on my yacht to help me forget about this unfortunate encounter so I think I'll write $750k on the check this month."

Latest posts