Jon: Is Ferentz Interviewing Tomorrow With KC?

pirate

Marty Tirrell made the claim yesterday that Ferentz was scheduled to meet with KC on Wednesday.

Do you know anything about this?

I know Tirrell has a lot of credibility issues so just wondering if this is another one being scoffed away?

If it weren't for the minority interview guidelines, Ferentz would have been announced as the next coach of the Chiefs yesterday. Art Shell will go in tomorrow morning so they can check the box and Ferentz will be gone by supper time on friday.

No Pat Fitz?
Not a chance. Northwestern has a decent base and good recruits coming in. Pat Ryan just ponied up $55 mil for facilities. No way Fitz would come to the tire fire we have in IC. I see an ex NFL guy, Cowher first, Lovie second, Whisenhunt third.

Would okeefe interview?
Hard not to give him a courtesy interview, but I suspect best hope would be as o coordinator. Maybe QB coach if we have to settle for Whisenhunt and he takes over as HC and OC. If we have to settle for a college coach, I'd say worst I would take is Bob Stoops onthe condition he lands McCarney and O'Keefe as coordinators.

How about Rod Carey? So far in the Orange Bowl, he has called a successful fake punt, onside kick and a 55-yard TD pass on 3rd and 15. Plus he has a pulse on the sideline. NIU may not win this one but they have been competitive with what they've got.

How about Rod Carey? So far in the Orange Bowl, he has called a successful fake punt, onside kick and a 55-yard TD pass on 3rd and 15. Plus he has a pulse on the sideline. NIU may not win this one but they have been competitive with what they've got.
Well, barring a meltdown, his inaugural OB will be a lot better than Kurt's, but when you look at the legacy of excellence at Iowa, I want a coach that will move that forward. I guess I'd take Chip Kelly or Nick Saban, too, if we had to go with a college coach.

I like Coach Rod Carey too... brings excitement and obviously knows how to win games. He would be able to get better recruits at Iowa and I would have to think he would be interested.

Hayden has decided to come out of No Where Nevada to re-build "the program" Barry is bored at Wisky and back on board as DC and Bill Snyder quits Kansas State as the OC.

Bret Bielima changes his mind and returns to Iowa as head recruiter and Kirk relaxes.

Iowa wins 3 BIG TEN Championships in a row and 2 of 3 BCS Championships.

In the mean time Kirk decides he's done every thing he can do at Iowa and finally goes to the NFL where he wins 7 Super Bowls in a row.

Everyone is pleased and lives happily ever after.

Dont follow all this as much as I should, but I know KC is trying to hire Denvers OC. As for who else they are interested in, idk.

Marty Tirrell made the claim yesterday that Ferentz was scheduled to meet with KC on Wednesday.

Do you know anything about this?

I know Tirrell has a lot of credibility issues so just wondering if this is another one being scoffed away?

Can't be true! Kirks is on record as saying since he missed a bowl game, he is going to be, "recruiting, recruiting, recruiting and recruiting some more as well as working on 2013!" No way this honorable, good man is doing anything but working 20+ hours per day to repair Iowa football for 2013, just like he said he would!!