Jon deleting my posts-African American Coach

Hillcrest1981

Jon, you have got to be kidding me! I have been a paying member to your site in the past. You think that the topic of hiring an African American coach at Iowa is taboo? Grow some stones Jon.

Without knowing your post, I can say that the topic that a persons race should be considered in any way for the coaching position isn't offensive, it's moronic.

Jon, you have got to be kidding me! I have been a paying member to your site in the past. You think that the topic of hiring an African American coach at Iowa is taboo? Grow some stones Jon.

I didnt see any of your posts. Someone else is removing them. Given your reaction to this, perhaps for good reason

Oh let's be real. There are not other hawkeye fans thinking that an african american hire as coach might be a good thing. You know, I heard that there are a lot of african american basketball players in the NBA. Maybe I should change course. How about we hire a croatian coach?

How about we hire the best coach for the job (that wants to come here) and not worry about race, color, or where they are from

Oh let's be real. There are not other hawkeye fans thinking that an african american hire as coach might be a good thing. You know, I heard that there are a lot of african american basketball players in the NBA. Maybe I should change course. How about we hire a croatian coach?

Your entire premise is flawed and, frankly, pretty racist.

What percentage of NBA players played for a black coach in college?

What is the difference if there is a white or black, asian or hispanic coach? They coach, its not about skin color. This thread is gonna go OT fast.

Racist, no. I have african american family. I despise racism. The ncaa needs more african american coaches and Iowa should be a leader in this area. The program is in the worst shape it's ever been. You can't argue that some of our top recruits ever at Iowa were recruited by George Raveling. I could coach at Iowa and bring in the top Iowa players. Until they are Mcdonald's all americans and they go off to Kansas or UNC. The best coach for the job? That's really worked out for us lately, hasn't it?

My premise is flawed?! It's really quite a simple premise. Hire a minority coach.

How many Iowa players are in the NBA now? Reggie is the only one I can think of. and when Reggie is gone, I don't see anyone filling his shoes. Zero players in the the NBA would be embarrassing and we're darn close.

Racist, no. I have african american family. I despise racism. The ncaa needs more african american coaches and Iowa should be a leader in this area. The program is in the worst shape it's ever been. You can't argue that some of our top recruits ever at Iowa were recruited by George Raveling. I could coach at Iowa and bring in the top Iowa players. Until they are Mcdonald's all americans and they go off to Kansas or UNC. The best coach for the job? That's really worked out for us lately, hasn't it?

You might not be racist, but the idea that only a black head coach can recruit enough high-level talent to turn around the Iowa program is folly.

If it were that simple, there would be a lot more black head coaches in college athletics.

How about we hire the best coach for the job (that wants to come here) and not worry about race, color, or where they are from

This +infinity. I get so sick of this type of debate. Just hire the person that you feel is the best fit for this job.

It's Gary Barta's job to do that. Looks like has made a hire. One that will likely be his final hire of a basketball coach at Iowa, either way.

This +infinity. I get so sick of this type of debate. Just hire the person that you feel is the best fit for this job.

It's Gary Barta's job to do that. Looks like has made a hire. One that will likely be his final hire of a basketball coach at Iowa, either way.

If this hire dosen't work out quickly I agree with you.

I am not saying its not going to work out. I am saying that AD's rarely get to hire a third coach if it doesn't work out. If it does, he'll be here ten years or so...and Barta will have been on the job close to 15...which means he probably won't be around much longer than that either. That's all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillcrest1981

You might not be racist, but the idea that only a black head coach can recruit enough high-level talent to turn around the Iowa program is folly.

If it were that simple, there would be a lot more black head coaches in college athletics.

Ding-Ding! And why are there not more african-american coaches in college basketball? Is it because they are bad coaches? Now where does the racist line begin? Iowa's next hire needs to be a minority because, yes, I think the Iowa basketball program is a tought sale right now and yes, I believe hiring an African American would help. Period!

I hope it will be his last hire of not only basketball, but any program. And that has nothing to do Fran as I hope him the best and am now a big fan!