Jon Beutjer at Iowa footbal camp

PJHawk

I am surprised Banks and Buetjer still keep in touch and even more shocked Buetjer would come back to Iowa to do a football camp.

Former Iowa quarterbacks Brad Banks and Jon Beutjer could be reunited again this summer on the Univer-sity of Iowa campus.

Banks said Thurs-day he is planning a football skills camp for kids 10 and older July 10 in Iowa City, and has reached out to Beutjer to be an instructors.

"He may be coming over to help out with the quarterbacks," Banks said of Beutjer. "We've been in touch and we've crossed paths in the last few years. "We just stayed in contact. And he's a good person to teach your kids.

So I felt like it would be good to also have him come in and help out." Banks and Beutjer were teammates at Iowa in 2001, but only briefly.

Banks to host football camp | hawkcentral.com | Hawk Central

The question should be whether or not Sam Aiello (spelling??) is invited back to work with the offensive lineman??

The question should be whether or not Sam Aiello (spelling??) is invited back to work with the offensive lineman??

I think that should be a condition of Beutjer coming back.

And I really don't "get" why Beutjer would be wanted/welcome in IC. Surely Brad has more connections than that.

There will be a life skills program, taught by Beutjer and Aiello to go along with the camp. You know...how to pay bills, living with concussions, transferring for wussies etc.

I remember meeting Aiello at the first ever Hawkeye Football Fanfest in February 2003 (right after Orange Bowl). He was a good guy, and invited me out with him and a couple of the other guys. I was only 19 at the time, so I declined. Looking back, I kind of wish I would have taken him up on the offer. Hell, I would have stuck the pool cue in the azzhole's face! Lol

Latest posts