Jok - he gone

No, you just confirmed you don't need a DL to operate one. Vogs is correct.

Okay, let's say Jok doesn't have a DL. You don't think the permit would be subject to the same revocation in the event of an OWI conviction? I would bet the law doesn't have a subset of the law that pertains to driving with a revoked permit. We're splitting hairs here.

I would have titled the thread, "Jok - he dumb"

Antoine-Dodson-Dumb.gif

Okay, let's say Jok doesn't have a DL. You don't think the permit would be subject to the same revocation in the event of an OWI conviction? I would bet the law doesn't have a subset of the law that pertains to driving with a revoked permit. We're splitting hairs here.

You're going off topic... point is he was driving a moped, situation could have been worse.

I can't even believe you need a license to drive a moped, it's a toy for women, children and soft handed hipsters.

This is a 1 on a scale of 1-10 IMO.

Yeah, but on the stupid scale of 1-10, this ranks as a 10.

Hmm.. let me keep operating my moped in the same condition it was for me getting pulled over previously. Just dumb, Peter. Get your head out of your ***, please.

He's not gone. They suspend players during the off season to make it look like they did something. He'll be back this Fall, dumb as ever.

Do you need a moped permit once you are 16???? So some 40somthing needs to go get a moped permit to drive a moped? I'm guessing you just need one if you are 14 or 15.

Lets say you get pinched for OWI in your car, that then applies to ANY motorized vehicle? Can you drive an ATV, snowmobile (you can get an OWI on both of these), moped, tractor, golfcart? How far does it go, I'm just curious.

Do you need a moped permit once you are 16???? So some 40somthing needs to go get a moped permit to drive a moped? I'm guessing you just need one if you are 14 or 15.

Lets say you get pinched for OWI in your car, that then applies to ANY motorized vehicle? Can you drive an ATV, snowmobile (you can get an OWI on both of these), moped, tractor, golfcart? How far does it go, I'm just curious.

Feels like I am about to go down a rabbit hole here......regardless, I know if you get an OWI operating a boat it is pretty much equivalent to getting one operating a car. It may vary from state to state, i dunno.

Now we find out what kind man he is. If he learns and grows up from this its just a stupid kid mistake. If he continues down the same path. He wont graduate a Hawk

You need a permit OR a DL to operate one. If you've got a DL, you don't need to apply for any additional license. But if you're 16 or older and don't have a DL, you do have to get a permit.

I know of a guy who got one on a golf cart. The law was put in to place for safety and rightfully so. But when you start dishing them out to people who are not endangering anybody it gets kinda ridiculous.

I've heard that you can get one for sleeping in your car. If that's really true it's pretty messed up.

The boating owi drives me nuts too. You have to be extremely wasted or extremely stupid (probably both) to crash a boat yet the tolerance is .08 just like in a car. If you want to make the lake more safe you should make people pass a test to get a boating license. Or if you think drunk boating is really a problem make it illegal to drive a boat drunk after the sun sets. Or make it illegal to drive with a wake when you're drunk. The law they have now is over kill.

These types of punishments usually result in players transferring about 90% of the time. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what happens here. It's like they want a fresh start and transferring will allow that. This is why I never get hyped on a plauer's potentional. Not until they actually show it on the court. We will never see it with Pete, well somewhere else probably.

These types of punishments usually result in players transferring about 90% of the time. Wouldn't surprise me if that's what happens here. It's like they want a fresh start and transferring will allow that. This is why I never get hyped on a plauer's potentional. Not until they actually show it on the court. We will never see it with Pete, well somewhere else probably.

Why Iowa fans always jump to the worst case scenario, I will never understand. 90%? Seriously show some actual data instead of just throwing out your opinion as fact. The fact is you have absolutely no clue what type of person Peter is and when you throw out comments as the bolded above, you make yourself sound ignorant.

I know of a guy who got one on a golf cart. The law was put in to place for safety and rightfully so. But when you start dishing them out to people who are not endangering anybody it gets kinda ridiculous.

I've heard that you can get one for sleeping in your car. If that's really true it's pretty messed up.

The boating owi drives me nuts too. You have to be extremely wasted or extremely stupid (probably both) to crash a boat yet the tolerance is .08 just like in a car. If you want to make the lake more safe you should make people pass a test to get a boating license. Or if you think drunk boating is really a problem make it illegal to drive a boat drunk after the sun sets. Or make it illegal to drive with a wake when you're drunk. The law they have now is over kill.

You can definitely get one for sleeping in the car, if the keys are in the ignition. A buddy of mine from the DI got popped for one when he was sleeping in the passenger seat, but the keys were in the ignition. He did appeal it and won, though, because it was ridiculous.

As for the boats, yeah, it'd be pretty tough to get in a single-vehicle accident in a boat. But if you're on a busy lake (like they all are on holidays, which also tends to be the most likely time people drink on the water), drunk driving a boat is a definite hazard. Boat collisions can be very dangerous, and if you hit someone who's tubing/skiing/etc., they're going to be very seriously injured, at a minimum.

You can definitely get one for sleeping in the car, if the keys are in the ignition. A buddy of mine from the DI got popped for one when he was sleeping in the passenger seat, but the keys were in the ignition. He did appeal it and won, though, because it was ridiculous.

As for the boats, yeah, it'd be pretty tough to get in a single-vehicle accident in a boat. But if you're on a busy lake (like they all are on holidays, which also tends to be the most likely time people drink on the water), drunk driving a boat is a definite hazard. Boat collisions can be very dangerous, and if you hit someone who's tubing/skiing/etc., they're going to be very seriously injured, at a minimum.

Very much so agree with your last sentence. Pulling a skiier/tuber while drunk should be illegal too.

I'd say the most dangerous part is going to load your boat if you trailer'd it in to the lake that day. That can get pretty dangerous with all of the traffic at the ramp.

Yeah, but on the stupid scale of 1-10, this ranks as a 10.

Hmm.. let me keep operating my moped in the same condition it was for me getting pulled over previously. Just dumb, Peter. Get your head out of your ***, please.

I would say fixing the light and getting a flag and then proceeding to get another OWI is probably a 10. Since he hadn't been drinking I'll give it a 5...could have been worse.

Latest posts