Jok doin his joint time

It's unfortunate he wasn't in Ames when this happened. His punishment would have been Don't do that again and Fred would have the boosters buy him a car so it wouldn't happen again. There's a reasn transfers don't get in trouble in Ames, they and their families can't afford the cut in pay.

I think you need to check the facts before you spout off.

Re: Jok arrested again

Well color me surprised, you are correct. The Gazette confirms Peter will retain his deferment. Good lawyer....http://thegazette.com/subject/sports/jok-to-serve-4-days-in-jail-20140918

I don't care whether this is a plea deal his attorney worked out with the prosecutor. The legal parameters just seem out of whack in this case. Four days in jail is ridiculous. What a friggin waste of taxpayer resources and a blemish on an otherwise fine young man.

I don't know a thing about his character but couldn't agree more, totally ridiculous he's in jail.

Trust me, after an OWI, followed by driving without a license this is about the best deal he could have received.... Four days in jail, a monetary fine, restricted driving privileges for a period of time & he gets to keep his deferment.

If he can stay out of trouble for the next two years his record will be clean..... Like I said, good lawyer.

I don't know a thing about his character but couldn't agree more, totally ridiculous he's in jail.

I don't know. I can see 2 days for the owi, that's pretty standard, but I've seen 2nd degree theft, assault, 3rd offense domestic assault, possesion and others that get probation. I've seen violation of probation and then get sentenced to probation. ever since we've catered to prisoners we can't afford to imprison real criminals.

I don't know. I can see 2 days for the owi, that's pretty standard, but I've seen 2nd degree theft, assault, 3rd offense domestic assault, possesion and others that get probation. I've seen violation of probation and then get sentenced to probation. ever since we've catered to prisoners we can't afford to imprison real criminals.

Uh what. I've had quite a few irresponsible friends get the DUI ticket, and none of them spent time in jail outside of the night of the DUI. Usually they have to take courses on alcoholism or something of that sort but not actually jail time. I think if you decide against the courses or miss them then you do. But yea in this case it must have something to do with keeping it off public record and still having future option of deferred judgement. Hopefully Jok didnt friend anyone in this jail, doesn't need any bad influences with that history of making poor decisions.

Don't read too much, relax and take care of your heart. Your friend, Atomic

Thank you for your concern, Atomic, my friend. I have taken your advice about reading.....

book%20burning.jpg

:cool:

pretty tough punishment in my opinion.

Just think, in Iowa City not having a license for your moped gets you 4 more days in jail than raping a girl if you play for Florida State.
Agree. This is a freaking moped violation.

But he's not in jail for the moped violation; he's in jail for contempt-of-court.
And we know you can't be in contempt of government edicts.

In either case, the whole thing is freaking ridiculous.

Agree. This is a freaking moped violation.

But he's not in jail for the moped violation; he's in jail for contempt-of-court.
And we know you can't be in contempt of government edicts.

In either case, the whole thing is freaking ridiculous.

Contempt of court was one of the idiots things put out by cyfan. I haven't seen or heard anything about that anywhere else. The common reasons for contempt of court is by a person's behavior in court or not appearing. I can't believe he wasn't given advice on what to do concerning his court appearance. If you have a credible source please inform me.

It's unfortunate he wasn't in Ames when this happened. His punishment would have been Don't do that again and Fred would have the boosters buy him a car so it wouldn't happen again. There's a reasn transfers don't get in trouble in Ames, they and their families can't afford the cut in pay.

Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut. Dear lord this is a fail.

Speaking of fail shouldn't you be over at cyfan where the word was invented. As a matter of fact aren't you one of the founding fathers.

Lol. OK, the imagery i am getting to go along with "Founding Father of Failure: Clown Fan" is quite funny. I wish I were a graphic artist, so that I could put it down on MS Paint, for all to see.

Latest posts