Joint Statement from Barta and Pollard

So, if something happened to the isu band last year at Kinnick, it took Pollard over 365 days to address this?!?!
let Pollard issue something that says, Yeah, well they did it as well, a year ago.
Ah, but they're too clever for you guys. The statement said this happened in "recent years". Maybe it was three years ago? Vague answers are better- less verifiable, you know.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...

Ah, but they're too clever for you guys. The statement said this happened in "recent years". Maybe it was three years ago? Vague answers are better- less verifiable, you know.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
Elevates the bullshit nature of the rebuttal by Pollard, even more reason for Barta to tell Pollard to stick it. The other alternative was for Barta to not issue some press release in the first place, unless he was prepared to defend Iowa all the way through. But that might be too much to ask of Neville, er, Gary Barta.

My question would be, why is this between the school's ADs' and not the university presidents? You've got an incompetent dolt and a used car salesman negotiating the safety of students. Does not sound right.

My 2 cents:

We all love our college athletics. And we are putting presidents in charge of these colleges that aren't going to get in the way of the athletic departments, i.e. the cash cows. Athletic departments are for the most part self-funded in this state by the football programs. They feel like they don't have to answer to the greater administration. Maybe we should tweak how involved they are with a university? Should they be separate entities?

So now suddenly we want kowtowing, ineffectual presidents to intervene in a matter like this? Well, yes they should but it is no longer engineered this way.

Look, Sleazy Uncle Bruce, who has his foot in both doors of UI and ISU, basically secretly handpicked our current president J. Bruce Harreld. The "yes" man puppet with the sketchy resume from the corporate world. Whose boat is he going to rock? So the real problem is our AD has too much power. He is allowed to make mistakes because he apparently answers to no one. That is a problem when you are incompetent.

ISU? Wendy Wintersteen? She has been at ISU for 40 years. She lobbied hard for the president's job.
She is a former professor of entomology. Maybe she is more comfortable dealing with bugs than people? So you would think given that she might be able to handle Pollard but the evidence doesn't support that.

If you don't want objective, independent-minded, uncorrupted, competent presidents that might get in the way of our love of athletics then don't complain. The fans and people in charge at Penn St and Michigan St didn't.

Last edited:
You want evidence of my previous post?

Need I remind you Barta recently got a $200, 000 raise?

Last edited:
Pollard, You sue me, I counter sue you for double.

Barta, OK, we'll agree that Iowa fans are bad, too.

The man knows how to negotiate, I'm tellin' ya.
Un freaking believable. And we wonder why the outside world mocks our athletic programs for pretending to compete

Like I said in my post the other day, none of this shit would happen if we just left the bands at home.

Oh that is the way to handle problems by running from them. No if the Univ and the band wants to go them get a little more security and video around them and if this shit is happening throw some people in jail.

Sucks it happened but who really cares?

Unless they can tie it back to the individuals responsible, I'm not going to throw an entire fan base under the bus. The Universities should work to create new procedures to better monitor in the future to hopefully prevent further issues.

Well, if only Republicans and Democrats could agree on something like these ADs did our country would be in a better place.

Pollard, You sue me, I counter sue you for double.

Barta, OK, we'll agree that Iowa fans are bad, too.

The man knows how to negotiate, I'm tellin' ya.
Just to clarify,
which “man” are you talking about?

;)

Well, if only Republicans and Democrats could agree on something like these ADs did our country would be in a better place.
Sounds like they are pulling from politics.

Blue jerseys believe red jerseys are bad; red jerseys believe blue jerseys are bad.

Black jerseys saying cardinal jerseys acted badly, cardinal jerseys saying black jerseys acted badly

I can almost guarantee you that Pollard speed dialed Bruce Rastetter who then called Harreld and Barta and the official statement followed.

Uncle Bruce owns those guys.

Latest posts