John Lickliter (and family) to D3 Marian University

HawkeyeRyno

Banned
The Indianapolis Star reports that Lil' Lick will continue his basketball career at Division III Marian University in Indianapolis. The paper also reports that Todd Lickliter and his wife, Joez, will relocate in Indianapolis so they can watch him play.

Wow, playing DI Big Ten basketball against POY Evan Turner to D3 Marian (who Iowa played in exhibition game this past season). I'm sure Marian will love having that as media guide material though!

Back home (for the Lickliters) in Indiana | Des Moines Register Staff Blogs

This is a huge step up for John. He'll be going from a place where he was blasted by fans/students and considered the poster child for bad Iowa basketball to a place where he can play and have fun.

I bet he's going to have a blast and I think he deserves to.

I think Lil John would have been better suited going to a D3 school right out of highschool rather than being on this Hawkeye team. I understand that the intent was probably never to play but it happened and it was huge mistake.
This situation made me understand why McDermott's son is going to play at UNI instead of ISuckU. The only difference is John never should have been on a Big 10 roster.

Both he and coach stated multiple times that he was there to help the team and learn, even if it meant never playing. It was player defects and, more notably, Tucker's complete lack of respect for the team and Iowa Univ. that left the team short handed and put John into the situation of seeing the floor.

Him playing was not a mistake. If he is truly as bad as you basketball geniuses think he is (which he is not) then his numbers in the limited amount of PT he got should been seen as nothing short but outstanding. Given the circumstances, he handled himself very, very well.

John sacrificed two years of his college life and one year of eligibility to HELP the Hawkeyes knowing he would never see a minute of playing time and yet was treated 95% of the time like absolute sh*t by people who call themselves fans when the team had its back against the wall and needed another body.

It's truly pathetic.

I think Lil John would have been better suited going to a D3 school right out of highschool rather than being on this Hawkeye team. I understand that the intent was probably never to play but it happened and it was huge mistake.
This situation made me understand why McDermott's son is going to play at UNI instead of ISuckU. The only difference is John never should have been on a Big 10 roster.

Both he and coach stated multiple times that he was there to help the team and learn, even if it meant never playing. It was player defects and, more notably, Tucker's complete lack of respect for the team and Iowa Univ. that left the team short handed and put John into the situation of seeing the floor.

Him playing was not a mistake. If he is truly as bad as you basketball geniuses think he is (which he is not) then his numbers in the limited amount of PT he got should been seen as nothing short but outstanding. Given the circumstances, he handled himself very, very well.

John sacrificed two years of his college life and one year of eligibility to HELP the Hawkeyes knowing he would never see a minute of playing time and yet was treated 95% of the time like absolute sh*t by people who call themselves fans when the team had its back against the wall and needed another body.

It's truly pathetic.

+1

I wish him good luck. Honestly, I think only a handful of real hawk fans got down on Lil Lick this year. Mainly college kids who are merciless with their peers.
Most adult hawk fans recognized Lil lick for what he was...a good kid who tried hard and filled in when we were in a pinch and did not really play badly for a kid who was physically overmatched most of the time.

Thanks for the contribution,John.

It's truly pathetic.

Agreed, except the part about sacrifice. I am sure the majority of us on here would have 'sacrificed' two years of our college days to walk on for the Hawks. I know I wouldn't consider it a sacrifice?!

Lickliter didn't work out, he seems like a quality human being. Wish the best for all of them.

It's Fran's turn!!

It's truly pathetic.

Agree. Except for you saying he is not as bad as people say. He is that bad

Agreed, except the part about sacrifice. I am sure the majority of us on here would have 'sacrificed' two years of our college days to walk on for the Hawks. I know I wouldn't consider it a sacrifice?!

Lickliter didn't work out, he seems like a quality human being. Wish the best for all of them.

It's Fran's turn!!

It's a sacrifice for John, because things didn't work out, and so he gave up a year of eligibility here that he could have used at Marion.

It's a sacrifice for John, because things didn't work out, and so he gave up a year of eligibility here that he could have used at Marion.

How do you figure? Didn't he get to play for a Division 1 program this year? And isn't he elgible next year because he is going down a division?

How do you figure? Didn't he get to play for a Division 1 program this year? And isn't he elgible next year because he is going down a division?

Yes he is. But he still used up one here, and he was hated for it. Had he gone straight to DIII, he could have played and been judged simply on his performance (which would have been much better at a lower level), and not on who his dad is.

You can be upset with the out come of the season or Lickliter's time at Iowa, but to say that he is a bad player is just ignorant.

He is a smart, gutsy, good player who never backed down once despite being outmatched.

Is he Evan Turner? No, but then again no one else on the team is either.

Agree. Except for you saying he is not as bad as people say. He is that bad

It's truly pathetic.

Couldn't agree more.

Latest posts