Joe Wieskamp

Well if he is an early Iowa commit, is a skinny, tweener, that plays low level HS competition...and is a 3 star now...then he is actually a 5 star.

Hope he comes and stays at Iowa a long time...shooters and slashers are highly valuable.

Are you talking about Wieskamp? He is a consensus 4 star and 2 site top 50 player nationally. I think he will end up a 5 star consensus after he camps this summer.

Interesting thought actually. His freshman year we are going to have a lot of talent. Think about this team:

Bohannon (JR)
Moss (JR)
Baer (SR)
Cook (JR)
Garza (So)

Weiskamp (FR)
Wagner (SR)
Pemsl (JR)
Ellingson (SR)
Nunge/Kreiner/Williams/Dailey/CM

Wow. Fran is going to have some serious talent, clearly there will be some attrition, but I'd imagine the core will remain. Maybe we'd better off with Joe playing some 2 as well. As we are still looking like we will have a log jam down low.

I don't like Fran stockpiling talent like this. We are going to have issues with highly competitive practices, and we should start beating everyone we play regardless of ranking. Can you imagine how hard it's going to be to get tickets to games? Freaking Fran...we should get rid of him now.

He can't be that good, he only had offers from Iowa, Iowa State, and UNI! :)

So when do the recruiters for Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas start calling this kid? He is probably too white for Kentucky.

I don't like Fran stockpiling talent like this. We are going to have issues with highly competitive practices, and we should start beating everyone we play regardless of ranking. Can you imagine how hard it's going to be to get tickets to games? Freaking Fran...we should get rid of him now.

Seriously though, look at the teammates these guys will be practicing against. Practicing against that tough of competitor will only make them better.

We beat Horner every time we played him my junior and senior years (he was a fresh/soph). He was still young though and he mostly just pulled up and launched Kingsbury 3's all game. Horner was the only decent person on his team so we just let him score his 24 points, it didn't matter. He never really took anyone to the basket or tried to...that's where Wieskamp seems a lot better to me. Horner might be the better outside shooter.

We knocked Horner out of the state qualifier both years which was awesome to us, but it wasn't really his fault. From what I remember his dad was the head coach and kind of a douche. I'd probably be a douche too though if my son was Jeff Horner.
Yeah his dad coached a long time he was there for Dean Oliver too. It sounds to me like Wieskamp has the better shot so far but they are different players. Horner was a fulltime pg/ball handler. I doubt Wieskamp is asked to have that kind of role for his HS. Horner didn't drive a ton at Iowa either it wasn't his game. Figured he'd have done more of that in HS having played against smaller pgs. I literally only saw him in person the one time he had a hay day against North. I think it was must have been his senior year there was a ton of hype with him playing there and all....

He can't be that good, he only had offers from Iowa, Iowa State, and UNI! :)

So when do the recruiters for Duke, North Carolina, and Kansas start calling this kid? He is probably too white for Kentucky.

After the summer.

I think Weiskamp has the potential to be very good in the Big 10 and the Hawks are fortunate to get such a talent. High School hoops in Iowa is providing some legitimate year after year talent.

Connor McCaffery
Joe Weiskamp
A.J. Green
Pat McCaffery
Xavier Foster

I would like to see Iowa figure out a way to offer A.J as he could be the best of the lot. He is nails at the FT line and just has a solid smart game. If he goes to UNI great, but it will be a killer to see him as a Cyclone, Gopher or another steal by Roy Williams.

I think Weiskamp has the potential to be very good in the Big 10 and the Hawks are fortunate to get such a talent. High School hoops in Iowa is providing some legitimate year after year talent.

Connor McCaffery
Joe Weiskamp
A.J. Green
Pat McCaffery
Xavier Foster

I would like to see Iowa figure out a way to offer A.J as he could be the best of the lot. He is nails at the FT line and just has a solid smart game. If he goes to UNI great, but it will be a killer to see him as a Cyclone, Gopher or another steal by Roy Williams.
I'm sure many will disagree with me, but I think Foster will be the best of them all.

Connor McCaffery
Joe Weiskamp
A.J. Green
Pat McCaffery
Xavier Foster

Seems like Green will be a stud for sure. Ridiculous size and athletic already. I don't get the knock on Weiskamp's competition. He is playing 4A ball, crappy conference, but still playing IC West (top talent in state) and his team got smoked but he played well. He is legit from everything I have seen, heard, and read

Latest posts