Joe Wieskamp

Looks like he's averaging 32 points & 10.8 boards a game. That is all.

Channelling my inner 56...

He's a terrible defender though. His PER is like 47th on his team. His size and lack of athleticism will prevent him from having any impact ever. Ummm some other random stats that don't mean jack but I threw them in to try and bolster my argument. Oh and he just pads his stats against the terrible teams he's playing against in 8 man ball. His stats against the good teams don't count.

2.6 assists
1.7 steals
1.6 blocks
2.7 turnovers (probably has the ball 80% of the time, I'm guessing)

Anyone know exactly how he scores his points? I was thinking he was a 3-point shooter, but I see he's made exactly 3 per game and is shooting nearly 60% from the field. Is he scoring as a slasher, mid-range shooter, in transition, rebounder, a little of everything? I guess I really don't know anything about him, yet am really excited about him (if that makes any sense at all).

Basketball and stats can get complicated...here is a big and simple one for this team...can he MAKE Free throws???

But how many times does he dribble the ball a game? Come on get the only stat that matters geez. Seriously though the kid needs a higher level of ball to be playing at. He's making a mockery of the schools he's been playing against.

In all seriousness, hopefully he is a very solid Iowa commit. I'm sure ole Roy will come knocking soon. Can't wait to see this kid play in Carver.

He's listed as a Small Forward...247 has him listed at 6'4" and espn has him listed at 6'6". Any idea how tall he really is? I'm not sure if he'll be a guard or a forward at Iowa but doesn't he seem undersized for a forward? Maybe he's got a wingspan?

He's listed as a Small Forward...247 has him listed at 6'4" and espn has him listed at 6'6". Any idea how tall he really is? I'm not sure if he'll be a guard or a forward at Iowa but doesn't he seem undersized for a forward? Maybe he's got a wingspan?

This is what I'm most interested in. (Rivals has him at 6'6). If he can get to campus at a legit 6'6-6'8, he's a perfect fit to play the 3 in Fran's system. Wish we had him next year!

6'5 is what I would say. I am 6'3 and my eyes line up with the tip of his nose. It's not creepy that I was that close. It was a crowded and noisy gym. I was just telling him good game. He single-handedly spanked my brother's kid's team.

Anyone know exactly how he scores his points? I was thinking he was a 3-point shooter, but I see he's made exactly 3 per game and is shooting nearly 60% from the field. Is he scoring as a slasher, mid-range shooter, in transition, rebounder, a little of everything? I guess I really don't know anything about him, yet am really excited about him (if that makes any sense at all).

At this level he appears unstoppable on penetration. He beat a double team 4 times in a row in the game I watched. The opposing coach quickly gave up on trying to stop him. When he couldn't get all the way to the rim he did display a really nice mid range fade away and a pull up floater. He really did do about everything. 3 pointers, slash and slam, slash and kick, slash and pull up. He even did some work on the defensive side. All and all with 1 game sample size, this kid is flat unstoppable at the Iowa HS level. I have watched the like of Barnes, McDermott, Paige in high school as well. Wieskamp is better than 2 and just as good as the other.

At this level he appears unstoppable on penetration. He beat a double team 4 times in a row in the game I watched. The opposing coach quickly gave up on trying to stop him. When he couldn't get all the way to the rim he did display a really nice mid range fade away and a pull up floater. He really did do about everything. 3 pointers, slash and slam, slash and kick, slash and pull up. He even did some work on the defensive side. All and all with 1 game sample size, this kid is flat unstoppable at the Iowa HS level. I have watched the like of Barnes, McDermott, Paige in high school as well. Wieskamp is better than 2 and just as good as the other.

If that's the case lets hope to god Roy doesn't come calling

Latest posts