Joe Labas

Are you thinking Wiegers at Eastern Michigan? He got beat out by Stanley, and had one okay year at EMU as a grad transfer (didn't light the world on fire there).

Good call on Sokol, he had a good season at La Tech. He was in the 2012 class with Rudock, so also ended up being behind Rudock and Beathard.

You know what is wild? It is possible that Rudock and Sokol (2012 recruiting class) and Beathard and Shimonek (2013 recruiting class) are the 4 best QBs that have been on Iowa's roster in the last decade, and they were all in the QB room at the same time. At the very least, I think you can make a strong argument they take up 4 spots of the top 5 based upon proven college production (Stanley with the remaining spot). Maybe we need to give Davis more credit than we do, especially as a QB recruiter and coach.

bonus Iowa QB transfer info: Peyton Mansell (Abilene Christian) and Ryan Boyle (Ind St.) both transferred and had mild success at lower levels, nothing eye-popping
Boyle to me got a raw deal when at Iowa.. I wish he'd have gotten a half a chance I think he coulda been good.

I thought we all new when it was pointed out that Kirk got introduced to Hill from some personal connections and we put 2 and 2 together knowing that this was the reason Hill started. He started as a personal request and Kirk honored that over anything else. The team be damned whether it works with him or not. This bad product on the field was simply a "favor" to some buddies. That is so Kirk in a nutshell. Were F***ed until either Hill gets replaced by Cade or Hill graduates. I feel terrible for Labas and have no idea why he is staying here.

Folks, I wouldn't get your hopes up for Cade next year, that's damaged goods, coming into Iowa and it's even more damaged now. too bad for the kid, however he is doing okay financially. I think KF, is setting himself up and all of us up for another big disappointment, if he is all in on Cade for next year, just saying.
I say your all right about the QB but how about the offensive line & receiving core . A good offensive line can make a average QB look fairly good I say we’re average at best in most areas on the offensive side of the ball. The problem is what good recurits wouldn’t want to come here . Kirk saids it’s because we’re little old Iowa !! I say it’s him being outdated.

Latest posts