Joe Hugen podcast with Steve Deace?

I didn't know they were recording it or that Joe had been recording. I saw it on Twitter yesterday. I emailed the HN owners/management to ask if they wanted me to post it on the site and have not heard back. You can find it on our HN feeds for iTunes, etc. for the time being. Hopefully someone will get back to me.

Ok. Thought I saw something and couldn't remember where I had seen it. Just remembered seeing Joe and Steve and was looking for it. Thanks, Rob.

Nobody wants to hear Deace preach politics to people. Why don’t you just post a Limbaugh or Rachel Maddow pod while you’re at it.

Barf.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Deace has never hid that he leans right, but considering it's his day job, I've always felt he does a pretty good job keeping politics out of his discussions.

To each their own, but his vast knowledge of college football usually provides an interesting and informative perspective IMO.

I'm not sure I agree with this. Deace has never hid that he leans right, but considering it's his day job, I've always felt he does a pretty good job keeping politics out of his discussions.

To each their own, but his vast knowledge of college football usually provides an interesting and informative perspective IMO.

Agree

Actually found and listened to the podcast and thought it was very good and insightful... he does challenge a few people (without naming names) and being it hasn't been posted on HN, it makes me wonder... Is it political or is it in the face of criticism they decide to control the narrative vs. demonstrating both sides of an argument?

Full transparency - As I've said, I asked HN ownership five days ago if they wanted me to post the podcast on the site. I didn't even know it was being recorded until I saw it tweeted out. And that's when I asked the owners about it. I still have not heard back.

I also emailed Joe Hugen yesterday to see if he knew what was going on. He has not responded.

Actually found and listened to the podcast and thought it was very good and insightful... he does challenge a few people (without naming names) and being it hasn't been posted on HN, it makes me wonder... Is it political or is it in the face of criticism they decide to control the narrative vs. demonstrating both sides of an argument?
Respectfully to both your guys' opinion of Deace, it's a physical impossibility for him not to throw political shots and innuendo out there. Having listened to most of his and Miller's pods, it's comically apparent. Whether he names names or not, it's still a political interjection on a sports-themed show. Now far be it for me to say someone can't express their opinions on their own podcast, that would be ridiculous. But I'll still call it out as being trash and anyone else is free to support it.

And before anyone cries foul, I'd say the same thing about anyone being political, not just right-wingers. The world would be done a great service if someone would throw both sides in the Mississippi River.

Full transparency - As I've said, I asked HN ownership five days ago if they wanted me to post the podcast on the site. I didn't even know it was being recorded until I saw it tweeted out. And that's when I asked the owners about it. I still have not heard back.

I also emailed Joe Hugen yesterday to see if he knew what was going on. He has not responded.

Wish my boss would ignore me every day but pay day...

Isn't that an oxymoron...Deace & Vast Knowledge? I once heard him say Devin Gardner was a Heisman candidate. His Michigan bias turned me sour several times...to the point of not listening any longer. I missed his political leanings though...but I haven't listened to him in a few years...I'm thankful I've missed it. I'd likely be equating his take as Trump being the Devin Gardner of Presidents or something.

Who do you think he was challenging? I haven't listened.

Who do you think he was challenging? I haven't listened.
To be honest, I wasn't 100% sure. If I can recall correctly, initially, it was some reporters then it turned to a reporter - and mentioned (I'm paraphrasing) that they should have waited for a response from Iowa. Since I only listen/read to a select few reporters that cover Iowa, it had me wondering if he was indicating you or not. I know you took some heat from some of us... and kind of wondered how you were going to react - if it was you.

To be honest, I wasn't 100% sure. If I can recall correctly, initially, it was some reporters then it turned to a reporter - and mentioned (I'm paraphrasing) that they should have waited for a response from Iowa. Since I only listen/read to a select few reporters that cover Iowa, it had me wondering if he was indicating you or not. I know you took some heat from some of us... and kind of wondered how you were going to react - if it was you.

Thanks. Appreciate the explanation. Interesting. No reaction.

I don't agree with Deace's politics or Michigan bias. But he doesn't try to hide either. I like his college football knowledge. Does politics slip in a little every now and then, sure. But I don't care. It isn't enough to get me to stop listening when they are talking about BigTen sports. I mean, when there are actual games going on. I could care less about what any of the podcasters have to say about the pandemic or the BigTen's response or any of that stuff.

I don't agree with Deace's politics or Michigan bias. But he doesn't try to hide either. I like his college football knowledge. Does politics slip in a little every now and then, sure. But I don't care. It isn't enough to get me to stop listening when they are talking about BigTen sports. I mean, when there are actual games going on. I could care less about what any of the podcasters have to say about the pandemic or the BigTen's response or any of that stuff.

I should pay his registration fee and bet on every game he predicts. He covers bets prob over a 60% success rate which is damn good by better standards.

Latest posts