Jestin Jacobs in the portal

This one does suck, whatever the reasons. He would have been the centerpiece to the defense next year. I'm confident we'll have a good defense, just not as good as it would have been with him in there.

This is a loss, but we have never had much trouble developing LBs, and we have some good ones who got their feet wet this year. Maybe Benson sticks one more year and that would help.

With the advent of the Cash, the LB position and development has become less important. We still need 2-3 good ones, but it used to be we needed 4-5 good ones. I trust Phil and his team to have the LB room ready. The defense will be salty again.

This is a loss, but we have never had much trouble developing LBs, and we have some good ones who got their feet wet this year. Maybe Benson sticks one more year and that would help.

With the advent of the Cash, the LB position and development has become less important. We still need 2-3 good ones, but it used to be we needed 4-5 good ones. I trust Phil and his team to have the LB room ready. The defense will be salty again.
Iowa has been able to develop them, but there's been a couple years where breaking in new LBs definitely held the defense back.

Jacobs is a real loss. Very probable All B10.

I understand the loss of offensive players who are underutilzed on the worst offense in FBS. I am disappointed we would lose first line defensive talent from one of the best in FBS.

Last edited:
This is where re recruiting your own guys comes into play.... It's a new world this NIL/transfer portal era. It's not just recruiting between dead periods anymore or even the 2 signing days. Not even close. It's 24/7. It should be someones job on the staff to be scouting and reaching out to other players on other teams we like to gauge interest. It's being done to us and everywhere else. There's no enforcement against it. If you aren't tampering you aren't trying.

I can't say if this is a case of Jacobs thinking the grass is greener or just the $ is greener. But we need to be covering all our bases so a kid as important as him doesn't just jump ship out of left field and surprise us. Keep recruiting everyone of value anyway simple as that

$$$$$$$$$
Yup. His dad replied to a tweet Tyler Kluver wrote that Jestin was graduating and 'looking for change' But he didn't mention one thing about $... Totally ignoring the elephant in the room. It's an interesting thread for those that want to check it out. Kluver responded to it

Not sure there's a purpose served in Kluver tweeting what he did at Jestin and Seth Jacobs, and then also tangling with Terry Roberts. Personally, I don't think the WUWs help the Hawkeye program. I think they're detrimental to it. But, Iowa fans seem to like them. To each his own.

Not sure there's a purpose served in Kluver tweeting what he did at Jestin and Seth Jacobs, and then also tangling with Terry Roberts. Personally, I don't think the WUWs help the Hawkeye program. I think they're detrimental to it. But, Iowa fans seem to like them. To each his own.

Like him or not, what Tyler said about Jestin is a very valid point:

"If Jestin 'just wants a change' that may be the most shocking reason of any, given he would be a superstar on an elite defense, that he already knows.. etc. I’m sure everything is above board and there was no monetary incentive."

The sarcastic last sentence could've been left off, but that's the WUWs for you. They give zero fucks and I love them for that. I don't know how the beef started between you and them, but it's clear the feeling is mutual.

Do you know anything about Terry's tweet that Tyler was referring to about a "truth" (which has been deleted)?

I don't think the WUWs are detrimental to the program, but I can understand why others might agree with you. I'm generally interested in their unique perspective on things because they're former players.

Yup. His dad replied to a tweet Tyler Kluver wrote that Jestin was graduating and 'looking for change' But he didn't mention one thing about $... Totally ignoring the elephant in the room. It's an interesting thread for those that want to check it out. Kluver responded to it
Honestly, as much as it hurts the defense next season if Jestin is graduating, that to me puts a different spin on things. Yes, with him it could be another elite defense. But he did play school and got the classwork in. Good for him. I wish him well.

He was here four years. Redshirted in ‘19, played in ‘20, ‘21, and ‘22.

Even if he wasn’t here that long, with the amount of college credits accepted from high school now you can easily come in to college as basically a sophomore (academically).
In my college days they were called CLEP's (College Level Entry [or Enrollment] Placement) credits. A typical first semester freshman had a class load of around 14 semester credit hours and it wasn't unheard of for incoming freshmen to have at least that many CLEP's.

In my college days they were called CLEP's (College Level Entry [or Enrollment] Placement) credits. A typical first semester freshman had a class load of around 14 semester credit hours and it wasn't unheard of for incoming freshmen to have at least that many CLEP's.
I have a coworker whose daughter just graduated from ISU. She's smart as hell and started taking college credit classes in high school the summer after her sophomore year. In our school district it's "free" (high school pays for it), and she graduated from ISU after only two years on campus. Got a 4 year degree in 2 years for half the price.

Latest posts