Jerry Palm updated bracket

If the hawks win the B1G regular season title, I think there's a significant argument for them to be a 1 seed with the SOS and win quality.

That would be freakin nuts man.

Interesting. Yep, long ways to go, but it's fun to talk about "if the season ended today" type stuff. Just as long as the Hawks stay focused and don't get to feeling TOO good about themselves (they're going to get a lot of praise the next couple days) then they seem in line for a high seed.

#1 seed.. Depends on what everyone else does and exactly how strong Iowa finishes, but this has a chance to be a special season. Would you rather have the 2 seed and play in DSM, or 1 seed and go, maybe, west?

This kind of reminds of a stretch in the 1986-87 season where Iowa won @Illinois (#8), @Purdue (#5) and Indiana (#3) in consecutive games. That team was #1 and 18-0, but this year's Iowa team is currently playing as well as any Iowa team I can remember.

This stretch is like nothing I've seen of iowa hoops. We've almost clinched a tournament birth already but i know the schedule is tough enough that we could drop some games (i have a bad feeling about the purdue rematch) but this team seems very determined to win a title right now.

This stretch is like nothing I've seen of iowa hoops. We've almost clinched a tournament birth already but i know the schedule is tough enough that we could drop some games (i have a bad feeling about the purdue rematch) but this team seems very determined to win a title right now.

Purdue was the only team I thought could beat us at Carver...after we beat Michigan State. Purdue lost at Illinois so they worry me less...teams are figuring out how to play them. Michigan is now the home game that worries me the most...coming off the emotional win at MSU. But I should temper my comments. I'm not actually worried. This team is focused. But Michigan is playing well and we could come out a little flat...like Nebraska. But I fully expect another victory celebration Sunday afternoon.

We always play well against michigan and seem to match up well against teams with their style. They can beat us and I'm worried because i always am but i think we should beat them.

Already have mine. :) Was planning on selling them to KU fans, perhaps, but I might just have to watch Iowa beat CS-B and Butler. Oh well.

I would love to see this team build even more confidence from the win last night and roll through the lesser teams remaining on the schedule. That said, I could still see them thinking they can just show up and beat some of these guys and as we've all seen year in and year out in the B10, there are no gimmies. I could easily see a head scratching loss at some point, especially on the road like Penn State or Illinois (although I don't know how big of an upset that would be).

I was thinking about this, too. That 1986-87 team won consecutive games @Illinois (#8), @Purdue (#5) and Indiana (#3). Of course, that team started 18-0 and got to #1, but this Iowa team is currently playing about as well as any other that I can remember. There have been some big wins over the years, yes, but this 4-0 start is completely unexpected given the schedule, and very impressive. Most Iowa teams haven't been able to string this many together.

My biggest worry right now is a letdown vs. Michigan on Sunday, but I guess I'm just too used to seeing Iowa teams melt down when things are looking promising. 2 years ago, for instance. They seem pretty locked in, though.

I was thinking about this, too. That 1986-87 team won consecutive games @Illinois (#8), @Purdue (#5) and Indiana (#3). Of course, that team started 18-0 and got to #1, but this Iowa team is currently playing about as well as any other that I can remember. There have been some big wins over the years, yes, but this 4-0 start is completely unexpected given the schedule, and very impressive. Most Iowa teams haven't been able to string this many together.

My biggest worry right now is a letdown vs. Michigan on Sunday, but I guess I'm just too used to seeing Iowa teams melt down when things are looking promising. 2 years ago, for instance. They seem pretty locked in, though.

I was born in 86 so i don't remember that run very well

I was born in 86 so i don't remember that run very well

Yeah, that was a long time ago. I was only 9-10 years old at the time, but all 3 of those games are on YouTube and managed to snag them for my personal video collection. :cool: At any rate, this is arguably the best run we've seen an Iowa team make in recent memory.

I thought that 2005-06 team might've had 3 consecutive wins over ranked teams, but IIRC, all were at home, and not sure any were ranked as high as MSU (#1 & #4 respectively in the two W's).

Yeah, that was a long time ago. I was only 9-10 years old at the time, but all 3 of those games are on YouTube and managed to snag them for my personal video collection. :cool: At any rate, this is arguably the best run we've seen an Iowa team make in recent memory.

I thought that 2005-06 team might've had 3 consecutive wins over ranked teams, but IIRC, all were at home, and not sure any were ranked as high as MSU (#1 & #4 respectively in the two W's).

86-87 was awesome till Clark fracking Kellogg's ruined it.

I am also concerned about a flat game against Michigan.

Latest posts