Jerminic Smith, James Daniels Will Play This Year

DJL

Seeing some quotes from KF's presser today. Sounds like these two freshman will see the field for sure.
Kirk also says King will be the primary PR and back on kickoffs.

Seeing them making waves this soon is impressive. That says a lot about both their talent, and how fast they catch on. Not only will they contribute this year, but it will put them in better position next year as likely starters.

Seeing them making waves this soon is impressive. That says a lot about both their talent, and how fast they catch on. Not only will they contribute this year, but it will put them in better position next year as likely starters.

Why is this impressive? It could say a lot about the lack of talent in front of them. You must impress easily.

Why is this impressive? It could say a lot about the lack of talent in front of them. You must impress easily.

Let me guess... you're one of the ones who would complain that younger "more talented" players aren't allowed to play for KF too aren't ya? Can't have it both ways Sally.

With everything that has been said in the past about how complicated our passing schemes are, I agree that it is impressive that a true freshmen receiver will be seeing action this year.

Let me guess... you're one of the ones who would complain that younger "more talented" players aren't allowed to play for KF too aren't ya? Can't have it both ways Sally.
Yeah if they weren't good, KF wouldn't put them in a position to fail. It takes a lot for Freshman to see the field under this staff in my opinion. I think (or maybe just hope) this is a good thing.

James Daniels set the 10 yard dash record for Iowa centers. His speed and athleticism will go a long way for him.

Seeing some quotes from KF's presser today. Sounds like these two freshman will see the field for sure.
Kirk also says King will be the primary PR and back on kickoffs.
I understand wanting to get the best players on the field, but having King on returns seems like a big risk.

Well, maybe not on punts, if you know what I mean.

I understand wanting to get the best players on the field, but having King on returns seems like a big risk.

Well, maybe not on punts, if you know what I mean.

What is new here? Micah Hyde was a returner. KMM was a returner. Should they just put a FB out there and fair catch to play it safe and then you could complain about that. Wrap them all in bubble wrap someone might get hurt.

Do you realize everyone of your posts sound the same?

It is a big deal if the freshman are talented enough to see the field....It is a disaster if they are the next man in because the experienced players are falling down the depth chart. Next man in doesn't mean much if they don't have any talent.

I never understand the nervous nellies who don't want starters/best athletes in the return game. Countless programs all over the country do it. In the past, we've had DJK, Jermelle Lewis, Micah Hyde, etc., on the return game. Guys like Desmond Howard from the past played in the return game.

At Iowa, when our special teams are good, it's typically worth an extra win or 2 each year. Even going back to 2002, as dominant as that team was, if we don't have good special teams, we lose to Purdue for sure.

I look forward to seeing how our special teams have improved over the last couple of years.

I never understand the nervous nellies who don't want starters/best athletes in the return game. Countless programs all over the country do it. In the past, we've had DJK, Jermelle Lewis, Micah Hyde, etc...
Have to add a name to that list - Tim Dwight

Latest posts