Jeff Jordan

I would care more if it was his little brother that was transferring...didn't little brother Jordan play for Speraw?? I heard that the younger Jordan sibling is better than Jeffrey Jordan....even then I don't know if he could help the hawks. We need high major talent.

He'd be a one and done player, dad could pay the bill to play this year. He was considering walking on at Iowa when he chose Illinios . Might not be all that bad of a point guard, and has big-ten experience.

He'd be a one and done player, dad could pay the bill to play this year. He was considering walking on at Iowa when he chose Illinios . Might not be all that bad of a point guard, and has big-ten experience.

Interesting background here: Earlier, he decided to pass on playing his senior year at Illannoy. Then when McCamey showed interest in his chances as an early entry in the NBA draft, Jordan decided to play after all. Then as soon as McCamey says he will return for his senior year, Jordan decides to be a senior somewhere else.

How much of this, do you suppose, is Jordan's understanding of his situation at Illannoy and how much of it is due to Weber's roster management. The guy may not "push" his players out the door, but no question that he has repeatedly had players conveniently leave early to open schollies for him to offer to new players, then another cycle.

From the standpoint of Weber's self-interest. if McCamey were to leave early for the NBA, it would be vital to keep Jordan on the team as the only experienced Point Guard. But if McCamey stays, then Jordan leaving is a desirable development from WEber's standpoint. Not because he opens up a schollie (he doesn't, Weber has already given the schollie Jordan had last year to an incoming recruit), but ironically because he would be a much better option off the bench to spell McCamey than any of the shooting guards that Weber has to prepare to play extensively at PG the foloiwng year when McCamey's eligibility is used up.

Without Jordan, Illannoy chances to make the NCAA are poorer, but Weber knows that his team isn't going to contend for the BT title anyway, and the clearly forthcoming decline of Minnesota, Wisconsins, Michigan his team can probably sneak into the NCAA field with or without Jordan. And at least without Jordan around meriting first shot at playing time at PG in relief of McCamey, it will mean more chances for Weber to find out if any of shooting guards Bertrand, Head, et al can be effective enough running the team--and this becomes all the more imperative as it becomes more and more obvious that the much-hyped next PG out of Chicago is instead really another shooting guard coming on to a roster over-crowded with wing players.

Ironically, to what would be the consternation of the Illwhiney deluded if they ever grasp is, Weber's chances of winning an eventual BT title with his own players-- as compared to the prospects of McCaffery challenging Michigan State & Ohio State--may come down to who wins the recruiting battles for Marcus Paige and Jarred Uthoff.

Are you sure it's that simple?
:)

Interesting background here: Earlier, he decided to pass on playing his senior year at Illannoy. Then when McCamey showed interest in his chances as an early entry in the NBA draft, Jordan decided to play after all. Then as soon as McCamey says he will return for his senior year, Jordan decides to be a senior somewhere else.

How much of this, do you suppose, is Jordan's understanding of his situation at Illannoy and how much of it is due to Weber's roster management. The guy may not "push" his players out the door, but no question that he has repeatedly had players conveniently leave early to open schollies for him to offer to new players, then another cycle.

From the standpoint of Weber's self-interest. if McCamey were to leave early for the NBA, it would be vital to keep Jordan on the team as the only experienced Point Guard. But if McCamey stays, then Jordan leaving is a desirable development from WEber's standpoint. Not because he opens up a schollie (he doesn't, Weber has already given the schollie Jordan had last year to an incoming recruit), but ironically because he would be a much better option off the bench to spell McCamey than any of the shooting guards that Weber has to prepare to play extensively at PG the foloiwng year when McCamey's eligibility is used up.

Without Jordan, Illannoy chances to make the NCAA are poorer, but Weber knows that his team isn't going to contend for the BT title anyway, and the clearly forthcoming decline of Minnesota, Wisconsins, Michigan his team can probably sneak into the NCAA field with or without Jordan. And at least without Jordan around meriting first shot at playing time at PG in relief of McCamey, it will mean more chances for Weber to find out if any of shooting guards Bertrand, Head, et al can be effective enough running the team--and this becomes all the more imperative as it becomes more and more obvious that the much-hyped next PG out of Chicago is instead really another shooting guard coming on to a roster over-crowded with wing players.

Ironically, to what would be the consternation of the Illwhiney deluded if they ever grasp is, Weber's chances of winning an eventual BT title with his own players-- as compared to the prospects of McCaffery challenging Michigan State & Ohio State--may come down to who wins the recruiting battles for Marcus Paige and Jarred Uthoff.

I heard that both Jordan brothers were going to come to Iowa if Fran picks their father for the GA position. I guess Michael really wants a Masters from Iowa...

I heard that both Jordan brothers were going to come to Iowa if Fran picks their father for the GA position. I guess Michael really wants a Masters from Iowa...

Isn't it backwards to become an entrepreneur and then go get an MBA?? I am just saying... besides.. did Jordan ever finish his BA...

I would have to say you are full of crap!!! lol

No, no, no. You heard it all wrong. The true story is, the brothers Jordan will head for Iowa City when Papa Mike WINS THE MASTERS.
Clear now?
:eek::D:)

Isn't it backwards to become an entrepreneur and then go get an MBA?? I am just saying... besides.. did Jordan ever finish his BA...

I would have to say you are full of crap!!! lol

I'm just skimming but did you think he was serious?

Latest posts