Jeff Horner

Congrats Jeff, though I didn't even know there was a Truman State U.
tumblr_mv9h1sIxQ51sop9veo2_500.gif

Movin on up. I've always wondered if being a top assistant on a big program raises your profile more than being a HC at smaller places such as that. I don't think there's a wrong way to do it so long as your successful... That's prolly the end all be all but how are the two things compared

Heck a couple of good years and he could apply for a Horizon League job or something lower than that conference wise.

It's in the same conference as Wassamatter U, the name of John Cusack's mast/bedsheet for his regatta sailboat in the 1980's movie "One Crazy Summer".
Wassamatter got second place in the conference last year. They ended up losing a close one to the Walla Walla Wombats.

Congrats to Jeff.

I don't know why people are making fun of the guy. He is just out there hustling table scrapes trying to get a foundation built for himself in arguably one of the most competitive professions in the world. Act like any of you would turn down the coaching job at Bum F Egypt U. I will be rooting for you Mr Horner. Tear that league up and show them how a hawk handles business.

I don't know what they are paying the guy, but if he is successful there is big money coaching college basketball. It would be nice if he were successful.

Congrats Jeff, though I didn't even know there was a Truman State U.

Truman used to be a regional Missouri school at Kirksville and then got the liberal arts designation for the states. It's sort of a poor man's mini hard to get into school. It's really hard to get into and they make getting a grade difficult. It's very non minority with really smart students.

Jack Schrader from a small town in Iowa who played for Arizona State back when ASU beat UCLA twice and I think won the Pac 12 the last time UCLA was national champs under Wooden. Jack was a starter. Jack was drafted in the NBA, signed by Phoenix and played in Europe. Jack was a great coach who had a few good years at Truman, but just couldn't get good players due to the academic standards. I personally know Jack which is why I know.

This could be a disaster for Horner's career. The predecessor did pretty well overall though for that school. The predecessor played at UNI.

Congrats to Jeff.

I don't know why people are making fun of the guy. He is just out there hustling table scrapes trying to get a foundation built for himself in arguably one of the most competitive professions in the world. Act like any of you would turn down the coaching job at Bum F Egypt U. I will be rooting for you Mr Horner. Tear that league up and show them how a hawk handles business.
Yes, congrats are in order. I hope it's a stepping stone for him.

However, I'm not sure I'd want to work at BFEU.

Truman used to be a regional Missouri school at Kirksville and then got the liberal arts designation for the states. It's sort of a poor man's mini hard to get into school. It's really hard to get into and they make getting a grade difficult. It's very non minority with really smart students.

Jack Schrader from a small town in Iowa who played for Arizona State back when ASU beat UCLA twice and I think won the Pac 12 the last time UCLA was national champs under Wooden. Jack was a starter. Jack was drafted in the NBA, signed by Phoenix and played in Europe. Jack was a great coach who had a few good years at Truman, but just couldn't get good players due to the academic standards. I personally know Jack which is why I know.

This could be a disaster for Horner's career. The predecessor did pretty well overall though for that school. The predecessor played at UNI.

OK thanks for the info.

So, this doesn't necessarily mean there will eventually be an Obama University or Trump University then I take it. Whew.

They are division two so I don't suppose Iowa will schedule them in their non-conference games. They could come as an exhibition game in a couple of years.

They are division two so I don't suppose Iowa will schedule them in their non-conference games. They could come as an exhibition game in a couple of years.
You remember what happened last time Horner was in Carver, right?