JBo shooting %

I'm a little worried he has kinda put basketball on the backburner and his shooting will show it. I heard him talk about how much work it is to do his podcast. So that takes up some time. I know he is big time into fortnight, and judging from the kids who work for me, that's gunna eat up a shit ton of time. There are only so much hours in the day. Then when you factor in how much distain he has for the NCAA and how many injuries he's had, it's gotta make you wonder if his heart is in it.
:D:D:D:D Very funny!

Not good right now=26.7% He is avg. under 6 pts a game in limited play. CMac is actually shooting better from the field. Are you worried about JBo's scoring?
Not at all concerned about his shooting, am very concerned about his defense. He is literally being blown by everyone he's tried to guard. Both teams have actually run their offenses very well against the Hawks, they just couldn't overcome Mr. Autoscore. Lot's of lay ups and open shots as teams are finding a lot of open looks against us. When one player is that ineffective on defense it's a serious problem. I don't know if he just isn't moving well right now but he's nowhere where he was last year. Another problem right now is Joe T. If he doesn't get it under control I see Ulus getting ahead of him on the depth chart. That kid is under control, makes his FT's and seems ready to play. I think he might end up along with Murray being our defensive stoppers (and Patrick) off the bench. That being said JBo hasn't been needed in these games. We'll see next week where he's at both offensively and defensively.

Law of averages says Jordan should have some good shooting nights coming up. 2 lackluster shooting games against sub par competition does not concern me.

We already know what his defense is. That's not why he's out there. Teams have to account for him at all times which creates extra space for others ie Garza to do his thing.

The thing I love about this team is that on any given night, there's 4-5 guys that can get hot and carry this team. Usually IA has 1-3.

Law of averages says Jordan should have some good shooting nights coming up. 2 lackluster shooting games against sub par competition does not concern me.

We already know what his defense is. That's not why he's out there. Teams have to account for him at all times which creates extra space for others ie Garza to do his thing.
this^ - people don't realize how much his offense outweighs his poor defense. I seriously could give a shit less if he break dances down the court on defense, he's out there because he's gonna light ya up and other teams have to account for him being on the court at all times.

this^ - people don't realize how much his offense outweighs his poor defense. I seriously could give a shit less if he break dances down the court on defense, he's out there because he's gonna light ya up and other teams have to account for him being on the court at all times.
Hell just that alone has value for the team and Garza especially. The kid is worth his weight in gold nobody should debate that.

Hell just that alone has value for the team and Garza especially. The kid is worth his weight in gold nobody should debate that.
Some of these posters just never give up their dislike for JBO. I won’t hold my breath waiting for some stats that confirm he is exceptionally weak on D.

Hey I love JBo, but for anyone who has watched him these last two games and have not seen the defensive lapses has to be listening to the games. In fact, many of the starters have been poor on defense so far. I really expect that to tighten up this week as Mac is gonna have to tighten his rotations. I hope we see some improvement this week because Iowa's not gonna just be able to outscore the teams on their schedule coming up. Currently watching the Gonzaga/W. Virginia and Gonzaga's already lost their great freshman Suggs and might not be undefeated when they play Iowa.

Hey I love JBo, but for anyone who has watched him these last two games and have not seen the defensive lapses has to be listening to the games. In fact, many of the starters have been poor on defense so far. I really expect that to tighten up this week as Mac is gonna have to tighten his rotations. I hope we see some improvement this week because Iowa's not gonna just be able to outscore the teams on their schedule coming up. Currently watching the Gonzaga/W. Virginia and Gonzaga's already lost their great freshman Suggs and might not be undefeated when they play Iowa.
Did he go down with an injury?

His shooting % has fallen to 22.2% from 2 point land and 21.6% from 3.
Still not worried? He is logging a lot of minutes lately. His shooting should be trending upward, not down.

Last year in the early games JBO cared less about his point production and more about getting the TEAM going through his leadership and getting everyone else involved and developing. Same thing this year. The kind of unselfishness that sets a great example and spreads to the rest. Proves he isn't concerned about personal stats, just wants to win. This team is going to be way more successful if the newbies contribute more now than if JBO scores 20.

When the real games begin JBO will turn up the heat.

Last year in the early games JBO cared less about his point production and more about getting the TEAM going through his leadership and getting everyone else involved and developing. Same thing this year. The kind of unselfishness that sets a great example and spreads to the rest. Proves he isn't concerned about personal stats, just wants to win. This team is going to be way more successful if the newbies contribute more now than if JBO scores 20.

When the real games begin JBO will turn up the heat.
The real games start next game!

Not at all concerned about his shooting, am very concerned about his defense. He is literally being blown by everyone he's tried to guard. Both teams have actually run their offenses very well against the Hawks, they just couldn't overcome Mr. Autoscore. Lot's of lay ups and open shots as teams are finding a lot of open looks against us. When one player is that ineffective on defense it's a serious problem. I don't know if he just isn't moving well right now but he's nowhere where he was last year. Another problem right now is Joe T. If he doesn't get it under control I see Ulus getting ahead of him on the depth chart. That kid is under control, makes his FT's and seems ready to play. I think he might end up along with Murray being our defensive stoppers (and Patrick) off the bench. That being said JBo hasn't been needed in these games. We'll see next week where he's at both offensively and defensively.
This is all well and good. But, Instill have not seen or read any data on JBO’s defensive struggles. And, yes, I have watched enough bb over many years to expect specifics. If you don’t have them, clam up.

This is all well and good. But, Instill have not seen or read any data on JBO’s defensive struggles. And, yes, I have watched enough bb over many years to expect specifics. If you don’t have them, clam up.
Like you, I've not seen any stats on defense either, but he for sure doesn't pass the eye test.

Like you, I've not seen any stats on defense either, but he for sure doesn't pass the eye test.
I get that. I know he is far from the athletic defensive player we would like. But every player has some weakness that keeps him from perfection. So, I will continue to evaluate his overall performance and value to the team, warts and all. Do not ignore the records he has set in 3 point scoring, assists, assist to turnover ratio, and even steals. Be fair.

I get that. I know he is far from the athletic defensive player we would like. But every player has some weakness that keeps him from perfection. So, I will continue to evaluate his overall performance and value to the team, warts and all. Do not ignore the records he has set in 3 point scoring, assists, assist to turnover ratio, and even steals. Be fair.
I understand where yer comin' from, and yeah, I'd like to be fair too, but... how are you gonna feel if he directly aids the enemy (like N. Car., Ia. St, Gonzaga etc...) with his sh*tty defense and we lose multiple games? We been blowing out cupcakes, but the reality of the season is starting next game. Let me ask you, personally, what kind of won/lose are you hoping for this "special" year? Be honest. Is 6, 7, 8 or even 9 losses acceptable to you? I blv most here are hoping for a 23-4 record, or the like.
To your point, and to be fair, I'd start him the next 2 games, and if his defense is atrocious, BENCH HIM. Nobody should be guaranteed a spot due;to past performance. NOBODY.