Jay Wright.

PENNHWK

Fellow Hawks. We were buds in high school. Do I even try to e-mail him as 'Nova prepares for the tourney? A Philly boy from the word 'yo'. You know...time for a new challenge. A real conference.. ya' never know!!! Anyone?

I like Jay Wright... but let him focus please. I have him in the NCAA championship game in my bracket.

Only if you are interested in catching up with an old friend. Don't bother asking him about his job. He would be clinically insane to leave 'Nova for Iowa right now. As sad as that is to say, it is true.

iowa. It's been 30 years. My sister stays in touch and attends 'Nova games. He's pretty dug in, for the whole" Massimino family deal". Almost went to the 76er's this past summer.
Yeah. It's worth a e-mail, at least. Done. Just don't hold me to it. LOL!

Absolutely do it. Tell him he can take the Big Ten by storm at Iowa. Exclusive network beaming into 80 million homes every day..Jay could be a national star...Come to Iowa baby!!!

So the guy at one of the marquee jobs in by far the best conference in a major market within easy driving distance of some of the most fertile recruiting ground in the country, is going to leave to take on a rebuilding job in a lesser conference?

No.

If Bruce Pearl is a home run, Jay Wright is a walk off grand slam in game 7 of the world series.

Look it up, Cyclones. I was Class of '78. Council Rock High School. Newtown, PA. Jay Wright
Class of '79. Then Bucknell. Lost track. Then he coached Hofstra. Anything else??

I'm not saying your lying. I was asking if you were serious about him joining a premeir conference. What do you think the Big East is? It's been the best conference in college basketball in the last 5-10 years.

Hell of a recruiter and coach but why would a Philly guy leave Nova for the midwest and Iowa?

Absolutely do it. Tell him he can take the Big Ten by storm at Iowa. Exclusive network beaming into 80 million homes every day..Jay could be a national star...Come to Iowa baby!!!

Could be a national star? Most consider him a top 10 coach now. I think he already is a star

He does not have the Jay Wright Show in 80 million homes once a week now does he?

Thats national,baby!!

No but he is on ESPN quite a bit so he is being seen by a lot more people than the Big 10 network. Everybody watches ESPN.

Only Big 10 fans watch the Big 10 network all the time

So the guy at one of the marquee jobs in by far the best conference in a major market within easy driving distance of some of the most fertile recruiting ground in the country, is going to leave to take on a rebuilding job in a lesser conference?

No.

If Bruce Pearl is a home run, Jay Wright is a walk off grand slam in game 7 of the world series.

Think fate, Bossman. What if Clarence never walked into that seedy joint in Asbury Park, one stormy night? McCartney never went to the Quarrymen show at Woolton to meet Lennon? Saul never took that road too Damascus? This could be a history-making, earth shaking event. I, at the very least, have to try. Have some faith.

Something tells me I would like to party with PennHawk....haha.....
Caught in a reflective mood, oifdeserthawk. I saw that movie 'Signs' again, the other night.
What if I was put on this earth for just this reason? To get Jay Wright to Iowa City? Like the kid having asthma and not swallowing the poison gas. And by the way. 'Signs' was filmed in Newtown, PA. Home of Council Rock HS. Our school. Swing away, Merrill!

There are a number of guys I would be extremely happy with, a few guys I would be indifferent about, and A LOT of guys that would would to me, be disappointing hires.....Jay Wright falls into that first category...but....still not the TOP of the list...

Caught in a reflective mood, oifdeserthawk. I saw that movie 'Signs' again, the other night.
What if I was put on this earth for just this reason? To get Jay Wright to Iowa City? Like the kid having asthma and not swallowing the poison gas. And by the way. 'Signs' was filmed in Newtown, PA. Home of Council Rock HS. Our school. Swing away, Merrill!

I was wondering why you had all of those partially filled glasses of water around your livingroom...:D

I was wondering why you had all of those partially filled glasses of water around your livingroom...:D

For the life of me, Shane. I can't think of any other reason Jay Wright would come here.
LOL!! I'm Irish and tomorrows St. Paddy's Day. Godspeed, speedy e-mail!

Latest posts