Jay Bilias picked Davidson

I like Jay and think he knows his stuff - He picked Davidson last night on Sportscenter when he walked through his bracket :( bummer I think we win but that didn't help me feel any better.

I feel like he picked iowa to win two games last year ... so he probably figures iowa needs to prove something first. It's fine.

I like Jay and think he knows his stuff - He picked Davidson last night on Sportscenter when he walked through his bracket :( bummer I think we win but that didn't help me feel any better.

10-7 match ups are typically pick ems.. so yeah its pretty much 50/50 in most of those games.

So did 45% of those playing in ESPN Brackets, which is over a million people. Iowa opened as a 1.5 Favorite. This is a pick em game

I think I saw a stat where 7-10 games, its a 60/40 split. Where the 7 seed wins 60% of the games.

Interesting that for the 6-11 and 5-12 games, its not much better, something like 65% for the higher seed.

These guys toss up (and make) a lot of threes, BUT the guys tossing them up are all very short. Get those hands up, stay tight on them (they rarely drive the ball so less risk playing them real tight outside) and focus our offense down low. Their postmen are 6'7. POUND. THE. ROCK.

Iowa by 10+.

If the Penn State, at NW, Minn at home Iowa team shows up. Davidson by 5. If the Iowa team shows up that played the last 6 Big Ten games, Iowa by 15+. All depends on which Iowa team shows up in Seattle.

These guys toss up (and make) a lot of threes, BUT the guys tossing them up are all very short. Get those hands up, stay tight on them (they rarely drive the ball so less risk playing them real tight outside) and focus our offense down low. Their postmen are 6'7. POUND. THE. ROCK.

Iowa by 10+.

Yep. Iowa clearly has a height/length advantage, so should be able to make hay in the paint and control the glass. I'm hoping Iowa's length will also be disruptive on the perimeter and affect Davidson's 3 point shooting.. In other words, I believe Davidson will be totally 1-dimensional in this game, so as long as they don't totally go off and make 15-20 threes, and Iowa plays a solid game offensively, then I don't see Iowa losing.

If the Iowa team we saw last Thursday is the one that shows, then.. Well, let's not go there.

So did Dakich and the other three guys on the panel for ESPN's bracketology special. It is kind of unsettling though S. Davis and Gottlieb said they think Iowa will win.

Look, we don't guard and they shoot lights out from 3 they will win. But we should have way more points in the paint, more rebounds and more free throw attempts. Iowa 65-60 I'm going.

Come out and play the Indiana game plan, we will win it quite easily. If we guard that 3 ball just a tad better than the IU game we will spank these guys.

Since when did what some ESPN analyst predict ever have any bearing on the outcome of a game?

I'm sure they all picked Iowa to beat Northwestern State back when we were a 3 seed. How'd that one work out?

I hate to break it to you, but nothing, no prognostications, no predictions, no analysis, no superstitious socks or underwear, NOTHING you or I or Jay Bilas says or does is going to impact what happens in that game. Either Iowa will score more points than the Sons Of David, or the Sons of David will score more points than us.

Also, I'm pretty sure that God, if one exists, doesn't care and won't violate the doctrines of free will and self determination so you can save yourself some time and dispense with the praying too.

Iowa by 10+.

If Iowa had five Uthoffs we'd win by 30.

Since when did what some ESPN analyst predict ever have any bearing on the outcome of a game?

I'm sure they all picked Iowa to beat Northwestern State back when we were a 3 seed. How'd that one work out?

I hate to break it to you, but nothing, no prognostications, no predictions, no analysis, no superstitious socks or underwear, NOTHING you or I or Jay Bilas says or does is going to impact what happens in that game. Either Iowa will score more points than the Sons Of David, or the Sons of David will score more points than us.

Also, I'm pretty sure that God, if one exists, doesn't care and won't violate the doctrines of free will and self determination so you can save yourself some time and dispense with the praying too.
No one is claiming that a prediction has an impact on the game. However, most of us have little knowledge of Davidson. It's a little (repeat, little) unsettling that the analysts (who have seen both teams play) are picking Davidson for the upset.

No one is claiming that a prediction has an impact on the game. However, most of us have little knowledge of Davidson. It's a little (repeat, little) unsettling that the analysts (who have seen both teams play) are picking Davidson for the upset.

eh everyone just looks for upsets and tries to be the guy who says "I told you so". If Iowa wins nobody will remember Bilas picked Davidson, but if Davidson wins he looks smart. Davidson could win this game, no doubt about that.

I'm actually a little concerned with the Hawks going into the game with a strategy to pound it inside. First, we are not very good at feeding the post. Secondly, Woody and Gabe really are not very effective on the post anyway. I say stay with the regular offense and have offensive rebounding be the area to capitalize on.

So 6'4 guys are going to guard White and Uthoff? A 6'7 guy is going to guard Woody/Gabe? Even if our big guys don't score much they'll own the paint. I get the feeling they'll make more 3s then 2s in this game and Iowa still wins by double digits. Do they play zone against bigger teams? I predict lobs to White and lots of free throws. Iowa just needs to rebound, not turn it over alot, and take smart shots. Don't settle for tough off balance jumpers. Get them in foul trouble early and we should be in great shape. Davidson may have a hot stretch but it won't be enough to beat us

Latest posts