Jarrod Uthoff

1013Hawk

Was trying to figure out what kind of player he is. Would he have been a starter for the Hawks or Badgers if he would have played this year?? What do you think Hawkfans?

I personally think he could start for either team. He very well could have started at the 3 for iowa as soon as he got here and allow marble to play mainly the 2. He is a unique player with his skillset. He handles very well and can shoot from the 3. He is a good passer and can run the court. He is deficient on defense but his length can help him. He can play the 3 and stretch 4 spots. Basabe's emergence makes him starting at the beginning of next yr less likely but I wouldn't be surprised if someone has a slow start that he gets in there. He likely will never lead the team in pts or assissts or rebs but should be towards the top in all for averages.

Excuse me for saying this but don't we already have a slow medium height player who struggles on defense (Josh)?

Excuse me for saying this but don't we already have a slow medium height player who struggles on defense (Josh)?

NO way!! I dont like Joshes game at all!! Jared in to the same player as Josh. One Josh can and will create his own shot! We as hawk fan are trading glass for almost diamonds. I might be reaching there but I think the trade off is way better.

So he's like White with less inside game but more outside game?

This is kind of what I have come away with. He's a 6'8" combo forward who plays better outside while White has the better inside game. He should complement the team nicely.

Josh is a solid defensive player. You either have no idea what you are talking about or are letting his whiteness cloud your judgement. A big white puffy cloud.

Josh is a solid defensive player. You either have no idea what you are talking about or are letting his whiteness cloud your judgement. A big white puffy cloud.

This is true, Josh is a pretty good defender, I have no idea about Uthoff's defense.

I like the White- but more perimeter oriented- comparison.

Rare instance in which I agree with Duff.

People are imputing Og's shooting slump to his entire game. Fortunately for the team, Og isn't making the same mistake.

Oglesby's less-than-stellar shooting, by the way, is mental, not physical.

Predicsheooooonnnn: Next year Oglesby with shoot between 37% and 42% from three.

He's like White with better shooting skills, athleticism and better handles. I really like White but Jarrod is an upgraded version of Erin.

Of course he is an upgraded version of Erin... Guys are always better then girls at basketball.

Oglesby - SG - 6'5"
Uthoff - F - 6'8"

Completely different games as well.

Josh doesn't struggle that badly on D at all actually.

Spank, with Uthoff coming in next season, do you see a decrease in McCabe's minutes next season?

Jarrod can play the 3 or 4, so it will be split w/ White and McCabe.
It's a good question though, mins have to come from somewhere.

Will McCabe fall back to a May-type role next year? Possibly. But he could also take some of May's time at the 3 too.