Jared Ebert

ElleHawks

Anyone know why the hawks haven't offered? 6'5 285 and runs a 4.8 40. The kid is a freak? Certainly we can make room for someone with that physical ability. Right?

Anyone know why the hawks haven't offered? 6'5 285 and runs a 4.8 40. The kid is a freak? Certainly we can make room for someone with that physical ability. Right?

If Iowa hasn't offered him that means they have a good reason. I would like to think it means they have better options aka Simmons and Cooper would be nice.

To my knowledge Iowa has been recruiting him. They just haven't offered yet, that's all.

I think that part of it is an issue of weighing the cost-benefit ratio of getting a quality JUCO who will be on campus for 2 or 3 years versus a quality recruit out of high school who will be on campus for 4 or 5 years.

I don't think that it's an easy decision ... and I don't think that any delay in offering should be construed as a slight to Ebert.

To my knowledge Iowa has been recruiting him. They just haven't offered yet, that's all.

I think that part of it is an issue of weighing the cost-benefit ratio of getting a quality JUCO who will be on campus for 2 or 3 years versus a quality recruit out of high school who will be on campus for 4 or 5 years.

I don't think that it's an easy decision ... and I don't think that any delay in offering should be construed as a slight to Ebert.

This is what I was thinking as well. From what I've read on other sites he has always been a Hawkeye fan so once the Hawks offer he will probably accept IMO.

I would say when Kirk first got here he wanted to project a juco in the two deeps. Now I would imagine that he needs to see a solid, impact starter. Is Yanda the last juco we've brought in that wasn't previously on the team?

I would say when Kirk first got here he wanted to project a juco in the two deeps. Now I would imagine that he needs to see a solid, impact starter. Is Yanda the last juco we've brought in that wasn't previously on the team?

We brought in Bryon Gattas in 2006. Ended up playing mostly special teams.

Iowa also brought in the RB from KS who didnt stay long. Cant even remember his name now.

Iowa prefers teh HS recruits. It will come down to how current freshmen project. Some on DL may be moved to OL. Big time programs offering so I would guess Iowa will offer eventually.

I think issue may be that he probably wont graduate until May so not available for Spring practice.

It could be needs based.

If for instance you have a young offense line with a lot of talent returning ,at least two top national recruits at guard and two pretty impressive freshman tackle recruits you may not feel as hard pressed to offer right away. Of course we've got offers out to some other top talent on the offensive line that the coaches may feel we're in a decent position with as well. You can never have too much talent on a team, but maybe we are focusing on other positions that we now see as greater need.

We aren't seeing a flurry of new offers going out and we're getting to the point in the year where I'd guess we're getting a better idea of where we stand with a lot of these kids. I'm hopeful this is an indication that our plans are coming together.

You're right. My brain cramp. We do seem to be sitting okay with some 2012 DT recruits but that's a long ways off.

You're right. My brain cramp. We do seem to be sitting okay with some 2012 DT recruits but that's a long ways off.

We seem to be ok with some 2011 guys as well. Simmons and Cooper are 2011, and yes the 2012 guys are a bit aways from Iowa City, but there's good odds there too.

Dang. Looks like Florida is thinking about throwing their hat in the ring.

How many recruits do we have the opportunity at that Florida offers?

This seems like an odd deal...especially as we could use some bodies on the dline next year.

Iowa also brought in the RB from KS who didnt stay long. Cant even remember his name now.

Iowa prefers teh HS recruits. It will come down to how current freshmen project. Some on DL may be moved to OL. Big time programs offering so I would guess Iowa will offer eventually.

I think issue may be that he probably wont graduate until May so not available for Spring practice.
Guileroy sp???

Don't forget about Yanda. He was a JUCO.

Honestly I'm a little perplexed that they haven't offered this kid. A JUCO with his size is more of a "known quantity" and I think is a safer bet than some gangly freshman St Bernard puppy type of recruit that may NEVER grow into his paws.

Latest posts