Jared Clauss on the Hawkeyes

I don't blame Clauss for sugarcoating. I'd do the same thing if I were him. If you were ever a part of the hawkeyes, you don't say the brutal truth about the head coach. So you won't hear an ex hawk say anything even remotely bad about Hayen or kf. I understand that and I respect them for being loyal.

So Clauss is a liar? Maybe, just maybe some people don't have the same opinions as you do. I love the way some have to assume that people are lying, or "sugarcoating" if they don't share their opinions.

Clauss and Long don't know football as well as you and your Jr. High coach does......but that doesn't mean they are lying if they don't share you and your JR High coaches EXPERT opinions.

So Clauss is a liar? Maybe, just maybe some people don't have the same opinions as you do. I love the way some have to assume that people are lying, or "sugarcoating" if they don't share their opinions.

Clauss and Long don't know football as well as you and your Jr. High coach does......but that doesn't mean they are lying if they don't share you and your JR High coaches EXPERT opinions.

lol..................lol................classic dean.

A lot of posters here forget that Iowa is still a very young team. They are substantially better than they were last year. Last year they were atrocious in the Iowa State game. They were too small on both lines. The defensive line couldn't keep anyone away from the linebackers. I see potential that I didn't see last year.

Nope.... not going to get the youth excuse this year.

According to the NIU 2-deeps;
Offense
FR - 2 (Both Red shirts)
SO - 10
JR - 8
Sr - 4

Defense
FR - 3 (All Red shirts)
SO - 8
JR - 7
SR - 6

In total - 5 Freshman, 18 Soph, 15 Juniors and 10 Seniors.

This team is not young. It's pretty balanced.

Offense
FR - 2 (Both Red shirts)
SO - 10
JR - 8
Sr - 4

Defense
FR - 3 (All Red shirts)
SO - 8
JR - 7
SR - 6

Come on man, all you gotta do is say you have a different opinion than the haters here and accuse them of knowing more than former hawkeyes. Just follow dean's MO.

Come on man, all you gotta do is say you have a different opinion than the haters here and accuse them of knowing more than former hawkeyes. Just follow dean's MO.

Dean-o backs his stuff up with facts when he needs to. There may be times he and I disagree on how to interpret some of those facts, but he knows them.

You said that even a JR High coach wouldn't call that 3rd and 1 play. That is you talking down to anyone who might think differently than you. You say that Clauss is "sugarcoating" things, that you can't say the "brutal truth" about the head coach (the brutal truth being implied that he is imcompetenet).

I have always used the absurd to illustrate the absurd. Saying even a JR high coach wouldn't call that play is just you being absurd to try to talk down to anyone who disagrees with you.....same goes for your statements on Clauss, that of course he can't tell the truth, he is a former player......So to illustrate how absurd you and your comments are, I have to be even more over the top and absurd, which is admittedly hard to do, but somehow I find a way.

Offense
FR - 2 (Both Red shirts)
SO - 10
JR - 8
Sr - 4

Defense
FR - 3 (All Red shirts)
SO - 8
JR - 7
SR - 6

When a developmental program, like Iowa, has half of its two deeps composed of underclassmen, they still possess the ability to get a lot better. Maybe "young" isn't the best word to describe the current depth chart but we are a significantly better team when our two deeps are composed almost exclusively with upper classmen.

You said that even a JR High coach wouldn't call that 3rd and 1 play. That is you talking down to anyone who might think differently than you. You say that Clauss is "sugarcoating" things, that you can't say the "brutal truth" about the head coach (the brutal truth being implied that he is imcompetenet).

I have always used the absurd to illustrate the absurd. Saying even a JR high coach wouldn't call that play is just you being absurd to try to talk down to anyone who disagrees with you.....same goes for your statements on Clauss, that of course he can't tell the truth, he is a former player......So to illustrate how absurd you and your comments are, I have to be even more over the top and absurd, which is admittedly hard to do, but somehow I find a way.

Wow, I at least thought you loved me. I usually don't try to defend myself anymore, but you have so hurt my feelings that I feel obligated to.:) I am not talking down to anyone who does not agree with me, and the truth is I really don't care if anyone on here agrees with anything I post even though I did used to care. I was implying that it's stupid to go against the law of probabilities with that call. Gee, Dean, did you not get much sleep last night? If you got such a low opinion of me I wouldn't think you'd get bothered by anything I post.

Wow, I at least thought you loved me. I usually don't try to defend myself anymore, but you have so hurt my feelings that I feel obligated to.:) I am not talking down to anyone who does not agree with me, and the truth is I really don't care if anyone on here agrees with anything I post even though I did used to care. I was implying that it's stupid to go against the law of probabilities with that call. Gee, Dean, did you not get much sleep last night? If you got such a low opinion of me I wouldn't think you'd get bothered by anything I post.

Oh Freed, don't be so sensitive. You post lots of stupid things, and I am only picking on two of them. :p
So that must mean I love ya!

Offense
FR - 2 (Both Red shirts)
SO - 10
JR - 8
Sr - 4

Defense
FR - 3 (All Red shirts)
SO - 8
JR - 7
SR - 6

First off, I'm not one for excuses.....they're like buttholes, everyone has them but they all stink.

However, if 50% of your two deeps are composed of freshman or sophomores, then I think it's fair to say that you are still fairly young....

When a developmental program, like Iowa, has half of its two deeps composed of underclassmen, they still possess the ability to get a lot better. Maybe "young" isn't the best word to describe the current depth chart but we are a significantly better team when our two deeps are composed almost exclusively with upper classmen.

Ahhh.... I see. Here's a 2012 two deep from week one for a BCS team. Where should it fall on the "developmental scale" compared to Iowa?

Offense
Fr - 8
So - 8
Jr - 8
Sr - 3

Defense
Fr - 4
So - 7
Jr - 8
Sr - 6

Total
Fr - 12
So - 15
Jr - 16
Sr - 9

Want to guess where this team finished in the 2012 rankings?

not to mention; Leshun Daniels jr. : freshmen. No redshirt. The defensive back that gave up the TD Saturday; freshman (possibly RS) It's still a young team. But they are showing potential. But still showing their youth.

not to mention; Leshun Daniels jr. : freshmen. No redshirt. The defensive back that gave up the TD Saturday; freshman (possibly RS) It's still a young team. But they are showing potential. But still showing their youth.

No. No they are not. You can try to argue inexperienced but some of that can be put on coaching.

They aren't a senior team either, but the "young" excuse is already overused and in the case of this team inaccurate.

Alabama won a National championship with a similar class make-up.

No. No they are not. You can try to argue inexperienced but some of that can be put on coaching.

They aren't a senior team either, but the "young" excuse is already overused and in the case of this team inaccurate.

Alabama won a National championship with a similar class make-up.
Seriously comparing iowa with Alabama? Gotta give you credit for stretching the limits of reasonability.

There is no difference in Iowa players and Alabama players....none whatsoever.

Seriously comparing iowa with Alabama? Gotta give you credit for stretching the limits of reasonability.

Speaking of that, could the Alabama freshman team beat Iowa this year?

So somehow the Freshman and Sophomores at Alabama are miraculously better at not being young?

Bottom line, "being young" is a B.S. excuse. It's a complete cop-out and I am tired of hearing it used a justification from Iowa for putting dog crap teams on the field.

So somehow the Freshman and Sophomores at Alabama are miraculously better at not being young?

Bottom line, "being young" is a B.S. excuse. It's a complete cop-out and I am tired of hearing it used a justification from Iowa for putting dog crap teams on the field.

I would rebut this, but if you fail to understand Alabama is working with a different type of freshman and sophomores than Iowa, I don't believe I will be able to get my point across. You may not like it, but your feelings on the matter don't change reality.

Edited: Changed you're to your. It's been a long week. My apologies.

I would rebut this, but if you fail to understand Alabama is working with a different type of freshman and sophomores than Iowa, I don't believe I will be able to get my point across. You may not like it, but your feelings on the matter don't change reality.

Edited: Changed you're to your. It's been a long week. My apologies.

WE ARE NOT A YOUNG TEAM!!!!!!

Additionally, I will never give into the premise that Iowa has to have a majority of Jr. & Sr. in order to produce a winning season. If the only way Iowa can be competitive is to have a majority of upperclassmen, no injuries, no transfers out, three year lead time to learn/run offensive scheme, and have the solar equinox occur on the 3rd Friday of October then KF is not as good of a coach as we would all like to think.

Nope all football players are exactly the same. I believe coaches recruit by picking names out of a hat.

Latest posts