Jan Jensen

Like Parker in that regard. Some people just love to teach.
agreed- and also loves Iowa City, some people fit and stability mean more than a few extra $$$.

Bluder is 62, so could see Jan being the heir apparent if/when Lisa retires.

Jan Jensen is like Phil Parker. A truly elite coach.

The Iowa women overachieved all year. No one gave them a chance to be national runner-up. A great, great achievement. Back to back national runner-up finishes puts this team at the pinnacle of all Iowa teams in football or basketball over the past 150 years.

Frankly, who compares?

Evy teams in 1956, 1957 and 1958?

Bucky O'Connor teams in 1955 and 1956 (back to back Men's final fours, but only one runner-up finish)?

It's a very short list.

I think this was the pinnacle of Iowa's achievements in football or basketball.

Jan Jensen is like Phil Parker. A truly elite coach.

The Iowa women overachieved all year. No one gave them a chance to be national runner-up. A great, great achievement. Back to back national runner-up finishes puts this team at the pinnacle of all Iowa teams in football or basketball over the past 150 years.

Frankly, who compares?

Evy teams in 1956, 1957 and 1958?

Bucky O'Connor teams in 1955 and 1956 (back to back Men's final fours, but only one runner-up finish)?

It's a very short list.

I think this was the pinnacle of Iowa's achievements in football or basketball.
She really is. Imagine what she could do with a player like Brinks or Betts. Or even dare I say Angel Reese. Honestly Angels game reminds me of Megan Gs some. Both are relentless on the boards about the same height, lefties. Megan was just more crafty and skilled at scoring inside. Something I think Jensen had a lot to do with. She's great at teaching post play. Teaching them positioning/angles footwork how to use their hands etc etc. So many of Monica Cs buckets were just due to her positioning before she ever caught the pass.

I really look forward to Ava getting to work with Jan I think she'll be a great post player.

Jan has coached national players of the year. Her body of work is above and beyond. I would be good if she became head coach when Lisa Bluder retires.

She really is. Imagine what she could do with a player like Brinks or Betts. Or even dare I say Angel Reese. Honestly Angels game reminds me of Megan Gs some. Both are relentless on the boards about the same height, lefties. Megan was just more crafty and skilled at scoring inside. Something I think Jensen had a lot to do with. She's great at teaching post play. Teaching them positioning/angles footwork how to use their hands etc etc. So many of Monica Cs buckets were just due to her positioning before she ever caught the pass.

I really look forward to Ava getting to work with Jan I think she'll be a great post player.

Never thought of that, but that is a pretty good comparison.

Latest posts