James VBerg reshirt?

AIRHAWK

You guys may think I am nuts but I think JVB should redshirt. At least think about it. Have him for next 3 years. If we get up, put in J Wienke. If Ricky gets hurt, ok burn the shirt but don't put him in tomorrow for mop up duty.

You guys may think I am nuts but I think JVB should redshirt. At least think about it. Have him for next 3 years. If we get up, put in J Wienke. If Ricky gets hurt, ok burn the shirt but don't put him in tomorrow for mop up duty.
James has allready used his red shirt

didn't he already redshirt

He is currently a RS Sophomore. He redshirted the same year as Weinke. This is impossible, however I'm pretty sure it is how Blair White played for 8 years at MSU.

Ummmm not that I remember but could be mistaken on that. Thought he was a true freshman last year

Nope, he's a RS soph. Either way no way we redshirt him, having an experienced back up is a great luxury to have. At a school like Iowa, you don't have a shot at a national title every year, when you get a chance like this you need to go for it. If something we're to happen to Stanzi and he would need to miss a series or a half or even a game, I would not want to throw out a QB who's never played before. Plus Vandenberg will still get two years to be a starter after Stanzi leaves anyway.

Nope, he's a RS soph. Either way no way we redshirt him, having an experienced back up is a great luxury to have. At a school like Iowa, you don't have a shot at a national title every year, when you get a chance like this you need to go for it. If something we're to happen to Stanzi and he would need to miss a series or a half or even a game, I would not want to throw out a QB who's never played before. Plus Vandenberg will still get two years to be a starter after Stanzi leaves anyway.

Plus we want to make sure Derby can have as many years as possible to play QB right? right?...........right?

I say we should have Stanzi Red White and Blue Shirt this year. Afterall he is our American Hero!!!

I don't know if you guys already knew this or not, but James Vandenberg has already used his redshirt.

Well i don't know, there's a lot of rumors flying around on the internet, --- my sources say KF is going to redshirt him.

Latest posts