James Morris/Shane DiBona/Ross Petersen

No way Bruce beats out Morris. Morris is the total package. Bruce is a limited run stuffer. It really is about the same as the Angerer and Coleman comparison, except Coleman had a bigger frame than Angerer, while Morris has a bigger frame than Davis.

If Bruce sticks around, he will be a valuable back-up and ST leader.

I agree, I don't see Davis beating out Morris. But like I said, I don't know much about our depth for next year, and I think maybe the lineup of Nielsen/Davis/Morris is a better unit than Nielsen/Morris/DiBona(or Kirksey). But maybe I'm underestimating the young guys, I don't know. Just wanting to see our best three backers on the field, and if that means moving Morris for a year, I'm all for that.

Ross Petersen is a 5th yr player from my hometown of Durant. He has battled position changes and a spring injury after being 2nd on depth chart this spring to finally get some well deserved playing time. Has been #2 on depth chart last few weeks behind Nielsen and has been on special teams lately. I thought he played well and big congrats to him for showing that wiuth some hard work and overcoming some adversity that things work out well in the end. Morris will be a fixture for years to come. Great game Hawks!!! Wish we could have played like this last week. But let's move on and find a way each week!!

That's right MOOSE! It was great to see Ross get some well deserved playing time! He made the most of it! NEXT MAN IN! GO HAWKS!!

The relatively few of us that had the good fortune to watch James as he progressed the last three years at Solon aren't that surprised. He is not your average freshman, maturity or otherwise

Huge play during the first defensive series by Morris to stuff that 3rd and short and get Iowa off the field! He has made plays in every game he has been in. Wasn't it during his senior year at Solon that he stepped in when your QB was injured and the Spartans just kept rolling? He is going to be very fun to watch over the next 4 years! It's amazing for a freshman to step in like that and just continue to make play after play against Big Ten competition. It's always fun to see local, former EIHC players step-up like that!

Does it make any sense to take Morris out even if the 3 upperclassmen are all healthy? I am no expert but he seems to be one of our 3 best LBs.

Huge play during the first defensive series by Morris to stuff that 3rd and short and get Iowa off the field! He has made plays in every game he has been in. Wasn't it during his senior year at Solon that he stepped in when your QB was injured and the Spartans just kept rolling? He is going to be very fun to watch over the next 4 years! It's amazing for a freshman to step in like that and just continue to make play after play against Big Ten competition. It's always fun to see local, former EIHC players step-up like that!

EIHC? That hasn't existed in football for years, and is now officially dead.

Former EIHC player.
Sad sad day when I read the conference was being dissolved.
Hopefully Tanner Miller will keep it going at the safety spot.

Morris took over our defense yesterday and ran the show on that side of the ball. He will start every game until he graduates.

Latest posts