James Franklin 5 minute damage control video on faking injuries

I am a lawyer and I have read what Franklin said twice. He is coy and I would tear him up in a deposition with what he says. The media keeps saying he is "pushing back" and denying. Not really. He never actually comes out and says they were not faking. He says things like why would we do that? They huddle. Have you ever seen us do that before?

That's not a denial. Just because you haven't done it before and just because you don't have the usual reason for doing it does not mean you didn't do it, dickhead.

I think the Big10 should force KF and Franklin onto a skype call and replay each injury where there was a boo and have them defend their position. Let's get this sorted out. :)

I agree with your observation of Franklin. Let's not ask KF to defend Iowa fans. He has no control over them. But lets' Franklin "answer the question sir Did you order a code red?"

If I were him I'd stop defending myself and my program and turn the focus to my backup QB who looked like he's never played a day of football in his life, but that's just me. Innocent people don't go on and on defending themselves. It's the one's that can't put it in the past and keep trying to reason, justify, or convince people that they are clean, that are the shady ones.
Spot on!

I'd like him to address #1 doing the superman thing or whatever when he was walking off the field. IMO that is when they lost all credibility.

Let's set up a shoddy backdrop at the local middle school and try to sell it. Let's turn all comments off. Lol.

The fact that they had to do this a couple days after game is telling. If the injuries were legit, they would have just moved on.

Cripes, most players came back within a couple plays.

He's the proverbial "Used car salesman".

I can’t wait to see them again in Kinnick, I say we boo them for everything. We know it bothers them.

Remember when they came on a cold night to Kinnick in 2008 and lost on a Daniel Murry FG! Unprepared for the conditions. They brought no sideline heaters. Iowa wins the game.

All we hear from Penn St. is that Iowa had heaters and if Penn St. would have had heaters they would have won easily.

If you come to a game ill prepared, with a ineffective back-up QB, or unconditioned team, IT'S ON YOU!!

Last edited:
I was at the game too and agree 100%. One thing I found strangely odd is that the ball was blown off the tee for them multiple times, but never when Iowa kicked off the whole day.

Franklin's point about using it to slow a "huddle team" down is moot. It's not about slowing the team down. It's about killing momentum & rhythm and the resulting 3-4 minute break in play definitely does that. Anyone that's ever watched football knows momentum and rhythm are definitely a thing.

I'm loving that the video is getting lots of thumbs down.
Makes you wonder just how the kicker was placing the ball on the tee....and were they trying to slow the game down there as well? That is probably a stretch and just bad luck with the wind and all......but you would think they would have a holder holding the ball after the 2nd or 3rd time it happened on each proceeding kick off.

He kept going on and on about his “captain”, his defensive tackle. Ok so perhaps we shouldn’t have boo’d him but what about the players who went down over nothing and went right back in the game? Hell that’s what got the booing started!

Booing about the tee thing, GROW UP! Maybe we think your uniforms are ugly! Is it ok to boo that or is it gonna hurt your feelings? Hell I’ll boo ya just for being the head football coach of the most disgusting football program in history.

The psu great DTackle was the first injury and it looked bad. Our fans didnt boo at that time from what I could hear on both the radio and tv.

I have noticed there is a group of fans that boo every call, every play, kind of a funny group but it is there. They really don't seem to care if the call is right or not. They are a small but vocal group near the 20 yard line. I sat near them at the CSU game, very drunk and kinda funny. They are a small group of fans, but very loud. Half of them don't even know what they are booing. Most fans at Kinnick don't boo injuries but do celebrate a great hit. Sorry Franklyn, fans don't feel sorry for opponents. Most people don't want to see career ending injuries, at least not in college.

I have noticed there is a group of fans that boo every call, every play, kind of a funny group but it is there. They really don't seem to care if the call is right or not. They are a small but vocal group near the 20 yard line. I sat near them at the CSU game, very drunk and kinda funny. They are a small group of fans, but very loud. Half of them don't even know what they are booing. Most fans at Kinnick don't boo injuries but do celebrate a great hit. Sorry Franklyn, fans don't feel sorry for opponents. Most people don't want to see career ending injuries, at least not in college.
It's only fair to acknowledge the fringe idiots because they can be loud yes. I really don't understand those folks. I guess that's their idea of a good time.

I'm done with this. On twitter people on both sides are screaming past each other, neither listening to the other. At some point you just take a deep breath, realize that its just not worth the energy.

I wasn't there and most people were not in the stadium. Even though some were in the stadium, does not mean they saw everything.

Enough.

All I know is we would have lost for sure if their qb didn't get hurt. I hadnt seen an offense move the ball like that against the Iowa defense since the 1st quarter of the Maryland game back in 2021. I'm pretty sure the only reason we won that game too is because their qb was also unable to finish the game.

You know how to tell a lie? When the perp goes out of it's way to cover or deny.
You know when a loss really hurts and KF is in your head? When you're making a video to cover for being exposed.
The Hawks won, the fans won, and apparently KF has been winning all week! Love it!

All I know is we would have lost for sure if their qb didn't get hurt. I hadnt seen an offense move the ball like that against the Iowa defense since the 1st quarter of the Maryland game back in 2021. I'm pretty sure the only reason we won that game too is because their qb was also unable to finish the game.

We don't know that, Parker was making in game adjustments and the backup QB was even more of a threat to run. Let's give credit to Iowa's defense for delivering the hit that caused him to leave the game, it was clean all the way around. Had he been able to stay in the game who knows what would have happened. Putting hits on QB's can have a huge impact on the game.

Clear back in 2021? You must have mistyped because Iowa destroyed Maryland a couple of weeks ago.

It's weird I have to convince an IOWA fan that they (Iowa) deserved to win that game.

Now that we know how much things get under Franklin's skin I wonder how kind the student sections at OSU, Maryland, and MSU are going to be. Bulletin board material is one thing, but he just gave fuel to opposing fans who can be absolutely ruthless. I have a feeling away games for PSU could get pretty entertaining.

He had 4 days to come up with reasons not to fake injuries. I'd think he could have come up with better excuses than that. Maybe I shouldn't call them excuses...more like lies.
--DT that he said got booed didn't get booed because he was the first one hurt.
--Basically, he said that some got hurt, therefore, no one faked.
--Another got hurt on September 4th, so he wasn't faking.
--He also didn't mention #17 who caused Levar to flop.
--Their starting tailback went down, a guy with 11 carries on the year.
--He said Iowa doesn't run an up-tempo offense, so they wouldn't fake injuries. It's never been about that. It's about stopping momentum.

Franklin needs to be hazed.
If you hazed him would that make him a hazelnut?

Latest posts