Jake Rudock leads the BigTen in Passing ??

Well, not quite but he's 2nd behind Connor Cook in Passing yards
& I believe 2nd or 3rd in Passing efficiency, completing over 65% of his passes.

Amazingly, a lot of Hawkeye fans can't even spell his name.

Let's get out there and SUPPORT Jake and the Great HAWKEYE seniors on
Friday.........I know that Jake is not a senior.

GO HAWKS
KICK A** and take names........Just like in Lincoln, last year.

Uhhh. No. I'm guessing this is Jake's dad who posted? Who else would post an unquestionably false statement? The Big Ten's website makes clear that Rudock does not lead the big ten in passing, nor is he second, nor is he third (in either yards or pass efficiency). The QBs that he does lead are basically the QBs who hand the ball off to the best RBs in the nation (Gordon, Cobb, Abdullah, and Coleman).

OSU's freshmen QB JT Barret leads the big ten in passing efficiency, and it's not even close. Connor Cook, a junior, is second, and first in yards. Try using statistics to support bogus posts next time. :confused::confused:

actually hes 4th in all categories. Pass average / game 4th. Pass efficiency 4th, total offense 4th

Well, not quite but he's 2nd behind Connor Cook in Passing yards
& I believe 2nd or 3rd in Passing efficiency, completing over 65% of his passes.

Amazingly, a lot of Hawkeye fans can't even spell his name.

Let's get out there and SUPPORT Jake and the Great HAWKEYE seniors on
Friday.........I know that Jake is not a senior.

GO HAWKS
KICK A** and take names........Just like in Lincoln, last year.[/QUOTE

Fail.

Just imagine what Beathard's stats would be.

Sorry but can you help I can't do the math. In CJB only complete game of the season he was 17-37 for 45% against Purdue. What would that extrapolate out to for a full season of complete games?

From Big Ten site today...............OFFICIAL BIG TEN Stats.

Just defending the reputation of a HAWKEYE Man. Our QB and
future M.D. I'll grab the Link for those in Rio Linda.........

You can shuffle around QB stats to find what you want. JR's preference for 3 yard patterns has definitely boosted his completion percentage, but been a big detriment to the teams scoring, such as the final drive at MD when he threw 6 passes of less than 5 yards each, and never once trying to go down field even though we only a had a minute to cover 80 yards. Going 5/6 helped his average, but gave Iowa Zero chance of scoring a TD.

QB rating: 5th.
Passing yards: 6th.
Yards per attempt: 7th.

Source: ESPN: http://espn.go.com/college-football...rbackRating/year/2014/id/5/big-ten-conference

I like Jake, great kid, etc. But with weaker D and running game, we needed someone who could win with his arm this year. I would have liked to see CJB have gotten more consistent opportunities earlier (second half ISU game, etc.) to see if he was that guy.

It would be fun to see what a creative, offensive minded coach would do with this team. Lots of potential points were left on the field again this year by mystifying coaching strategies that lead to way too many inept possessions.

You can shuffle around QB stats to find what you want. JR's preference for 3 yard patterns has definitely boosted his completion percentage, but been a big detriment to the teams scoring, such as the final drive at MD when he threw 6 passes of less than 5 yards each, and never once trying to go down field even though we only a had a minute to cover 80 yards. Going 5/6 helped his average, but gave Iowa Zero chance of scoring a TD.

QB rating: 5th.
Passing yards: 6th.
Yards per attempt: 7th.

Source: ESPN: http://espn.go.com/college-football...rbackRating/year/2014/id/5/big-ten-conference

I like Jake, great kid, etc. But with weaker D and running game, we needed someone who could win with his arm this year. I would have liked to see CJB have gotten more consistent opportunities earlier (second half ISU game, etc.) to see if he was that guy.

Agreed. Not many pros in the NFL nor analysts will tout a great QB with great stats and no SB wins (while there are certainly a few extraneous circumstances), it's generally all about the ring!

with JR as starter, this season, Iowa is 5-4 (4-3) and 1-2 on the road. I do not count the come from behind Pit win as a win for JR. That is a comeback win with CJ as qb and I classify it as a team win.

It would be fun to see what a creative, offensive minded coach would do with this team. Lots of potential points were left on the field again this year by mystifying coaching strategies that lead to way too many inept possessions.

This is the only acceptable answer. Put Jake in the gun and he looks vastly more comfortable.

It goes along with those who say things like Iowa has to run a ball control offense, must be a developmental program, can't run the spread or passing attack because we don't have enough talent....

This is freaking dumb. Mac schools wit bigger recruiting issues run very exciting offenses, that are largely effective at generating points and wins. Baylor was terrible for two generations trying to run a basic offense recruiting against the sec/swac/big8/big 12th perennial NC contenders and now runs an exciting offense and wins.

Oregon was horrible until the last 6 years when they got creative on offense.

Win, put up yards and points, and you don't even have to change the defense and you will attract lots of talent. It happened after 2002 - 2005. Kirk just couldn't manage the new type of person that he was getting, lost hold of his locker room, and has recruited lower talent kids ever since. He got bitten, and since then has been scared of recruiting/playing talent.

He likes to think of himself as Bellicheck, but he's really Rex Ryan.