Jake Rudock leads the BigTen in Passing ??

Sorry but can you help I can't do the math. In CJB only complete game of the season he was 17-37 for 45% against Purdue. What would that extrapolate out to for a full season of complete games?
There were like 6 dropped passes in the 1st half alone.

Sorry but can you help I can't do the math. In CJB only complete game of the season he was 17-37 for 45% against Purdue. What would that extrapolate out to for a full season of complete games?

I'm going to go with 45% on this one, Alex.

science-cat-two-types-people-extrapolate-incomplete-data.jpg

You can shuffle around QB stats to find what you want. JR's preference for 3 yard patterns has definitely boosted his completion percentage, but been a big detriment to the teams scoring, such as the final drive at MD when he threw 6 passes of less than 5 yards each, and never once trying to go down field even though we only a had a minute to cover 80 yards. Going 5/6 helped his average, but gave Iowa Zero chance of scoring a TD.

QB rating: 5th.
Passing yards: 6th.
Yards per attempt: 7th.

Source: ESPN: http://espn.go.com/college-football...rbackRating/year/2014/id/5/big-ten-conference

I like Jake, great kid, etc. But with weaker D and running game, we needed someone who could win with his arm this year. I would have liked to see CJB have gotten more consistent opportunities earlier (second half ISU game, etc.) to see if he was that guy.

You discredit the OP for "picking and choosing stats", yet you pick and choose the Maryland games final drive to prove your point. Me thinks you are ignoring stats that don't support your stance.

And as you say a weaker D would require you to have a more reliable quarterback, so as not to put them into vulnerable position.

Last edited:
Agreed. Not many pros in the NFL nor analysts will tout a great QB with great stats and no SB wins (while there are certainly a few extraneous circumstances), it's generally all about the ring![/QUOTED Dan Morino, Jim Kelly, Fran Tarkenton, Dan Fouts . I'm sure would all disagree