Jake Kelly to NCAA Tournament

Good for him... just curious... did he do much? I was flipping back and forth and from what I saw he didn't seem to do much. He didn't seem like the player I remember at Iowa with the ball in his hands creating shots on his own. Of course, I supposse a bum knee could slow you down. I just expected more from him going to the MVC.

Good for him... just curious... did he do much? I was flipping back and forth and from what I saw he didn't seem to do much. He didn't seem like the player I remember at Iowa with the ball in his hands creating shots on his own. Of course, I supposse a bum knee could slow you down. I just expected more from him going to the MVC.

He clinched the game with a pair of FTs with 1.3 seconds left.

He's still got that sweet crossover. But you can tell he's lost a step or two.
I'm glad for him as well.

He hasn't been the same player since that injury. I'm happy for him, at least one Lickliter-era player is going to taste the NCAA tournament.

Touché, Steve Alford! It appears you missed the mark on Greg Lansing! Congratulations to Coach Lansing and his players with Iowa ties, Jake Kelly and Jordan Printy.

So Lansing was on Alford's staff at Iowa, correct? Where did he go after Iowa? An assistant at Indiana State? I lost track of him completely.

His Mom passed away his sophomore year, he tore an ACL his junior year, and got Mono his senior year (might still be effecting his play?)

Tough three years for Kelly and I wish him the best. I'll be rooting for Indiana State in the NCAA tourney

I really enjoyed watching Jake when he was here. Glad he is getting to play in the big dance. I really can't say I blame him for leaving. It made me sick to my stomach to watch that team play for Lick. They all looked miserable including the coach. He was the one that just played anyway and was like eff it.

I really enjoyed watching Jake when he was here. Glad he is getting to play in the big dance. I really can't say I blame him for leaving. It made me sick to my stomach to watch that team play for Lick. They all looked miserable including the coach. He was the one that just played anyway and was like eff it.

I laugh at this because I agree so much... you could actually see that Kelly was playing to win and was doing so much for the team. Playing PG out of need and getting chewed out for scoring!

Surely my favorite player a couple years ago. Wish he and Fuller would have been able to play under different circumstances. I am so glad we have a great coach now. I really like Fran and this style of play. It is so fun to watch and you can tell the players enjoy it too. The only thing stopping them now is their ability... the way it should be.

The one I am confused about the most is May... I really thought he would flourish under this style of play, but he has taken a few steps back. Injury? Girlfriend? What is going on with him? It sucks to see such a great player struggling so mightily.

Either way... Kelly looked dang confident hitting the free throws at the end of the game to put away Mizzou St. I will be cheering for Indiana St. in the NCAA Tournament... no doubt.

I laugh at this because I agree so much... you could actually see that Kelly was playing to win and was doing so much for the team. Playing PG out of need and getting chewed out for scoring!

Surely my favorite player a couple years ago. Wish he and Fuller would have been able to play under different circumstances. I am so glad we have a great coach now. I really like Fran and this style of play. It is so fun to watch and you can tell the players enjoy it too. The only thing stopping them now is their ability... the way it should be.

The one I am confused about the most is May... I really thought he would flourish under this style of play, but he has taken a few steps back. Injury? Girlfriend? What is going on with him? It sucks to see such a great player struggling so mightily.

Either way... Kelly looked dang confident hitting the free throws at the end of the game to put away Mizzou St. I will be cheering for Indiana St. in the NCAA Tournament... no doubt.

May has me scratching my head as well. I think it may be a combo of a few things the injury which slowed down his first step a bit which exposed his poor ball handling and has Resulted in low confidence. I really hope he gets through this cause I know he has a place out there. An explosive athlete like that can't ride pine.

Latest posts