Jake Duzey commits to Iowa

Re: Possible name of new commit?

A couple thoughts:

This kids looks a lot like AJ Edds to me. Speed and size combo. Don't know that I am the expert some of the other guys are on here but it seems like our coaches know how to pick talent and the right talent for our system. I know we had a good season last year and our expectations should change a bit, but I think we still want hard working good athletes and not a bunch of Sentrel's that are bigger than the team. We did that a few years back.....
Let's support our coaches and welcome this young man to Hawkeye nation if he is the commit.

I think he might as well have ATH next to his name for all the positions he could play with those measurables -- WR, TE, LB, DE. Maybe the coaches will do what they usually do, let Duzey try the position of his choice for awhile, and if that doesn't work, move him somewhere else.

No kidding, if you're not excited about this guys stats- then you put too much stock in the recruiting "star" system.

haha, I hope I don't offend anyone when I say I had to look at the webpage twice to verify he was white. Did they post the correct picture of the kid? :D

If Phil Parker likes him enough to recruit him to the Iowa Hawkeyes, then there's no one here who could argue with it.

Phil Parker is the man :)

I think it's hard to get the right # of stars for a player, when they still have another season to play.

When and where did I ever say that one?
Everything you infer in your posts is that he wasn't offered by anybody good.
Let me see.....MSU not considered a "good offer".
MSU=ISU. Not so much. I take Sparty going away

it's time to play...... choose your secret WR recruit! <applause>

below, i've listed 4 WR's based on their physical tools as listed by scouts.com. i figured i'd leave the star ratings out, since to one or two people... this is the most important... and have them try and determine the most attractive option based on the information below.

6-0/170/4.50
http://iowa.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=8&c=1&nid=4278924
6-2/175/4.50
http://iowa.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=8&c=1&nid=4267234
5-9/160/4.35

6-4/215/4.49

make your choice, time is running out!

6-0/170/4.50

#7 **** DeAnthony Arnett

6-2/175/4.50

#12 **** DaVaris Daniels

http://iowa.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=8&c=1&nid=4267234
5-9/160/4.35

#14 **** Damiere Byrd

6-4/215/4.49
#46 *** Jake Duzey

OOOOOOOOOH, if you care about stars and picked Jake Duzey, you're outta luck <aaaaaw>

BUT, if you picked Jake Duzey for his overall physical tools and didn't rely on the lame star system, YOU"RE A WINNER! <loud applause!>

6-0/170/4.50

#7 **** DeAnthony Arnett

6-2/175/4.50

#12 **** DaVaris Daniels

5-9/160/4.35

#14 **** Damiere Byrd

6-4/215/4.49
#46 *** Jake Duzey

OOOOOOOOOH, if you care about stars and picked Jake Duzey, you're outta luck <aaaaaw>

BUT, if you picked Jake Duzey for his overall physical tools and didn't rely on the lame star system, YOU"RE A WINNER! <loud applause!>

Woops! Didn't realize that stars only considered those three things!

Last edited:
2 pages into catching up on this thread and one thing has become VERY clear about Iowa's latest verbal commit and that one thing IS...

That ISUhawk needs to take his stars and go home...

Latest posts