Jake Duzey commits to Iowa

JonDMiller

Publisher/Founder
UpDATE: Rob Howe confirms Duzey commits to Iowa

Marc Morehouse tweeted the name of Jake Duzey, but said that he has no confirmation...said 'it might be this guy'

He has some great measurables as well as offers:

Jake Duzey - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited:
Re: Possible name of new commit?

I wish we would get a better WR than that if that's the case.

Based on who has offered him, it seems as though he isn't that great of a prospect. But then again I trust KF.

If the coaching staff believes he's good enough to be offered a scholarship at this stage of the recruitment process, then that's good enough for me.

The Iowa coaching staff knows how to recruit to their needs.

Based on who has offered him, it seems as though he isn't that great of a prospect. But then again I trust KF.

Yeah Cincinatti and Oregon have had some pretty bad WR cores the last few years. Wouldn't want to get a receiver they think would work in their system. Especially if he's 6'4" and has some weight to him and decent spee :rolleyes:

He's rated as the #46 receiver in the country and has offers from Oregon, Purdue, MSU, and Cincinnati. On top of that he's 6-4, runs a 4.49 40 and has a 33 inch verticle....sounds pretty legit to me. He could be an Eric Decker type receiver.

He's rated as the #46 receiver in the country and has offers from Oregon, Purdue, MSU, and Cincinnati. On top of that he's 6-4, runs a 4.49 40 and has a 33 inch verticle....sounds pretty legit to me. He could be an Eric Decker type receiver.

BAZINGA!!!

Based on who has offered him, it seems as though he isn't that great of a prospect.

These kind of comments tick me off even if the kid doesn't have a lot of high major offers. When he does (Oregon, Cincy, MSU, etc), it really ticks me off.

Last edited:

Since he is being recruited by Phil Parker, my thought is that he is being recruited at safety and not WR.

Myrton Hanks called, he wants to make sure Duzey understands that while he can certainly use the rubberneck celebration after a big play Myrton still holds the patent on it.

These kind of comments tick me off even if the kid doesn't have a lot of high major offers. When he does (Oregon, Cincy, MSU, etc), it really ticks me off.

Cincy isn't the same team without Kelly and MSU is a mid level Big 10 school. Oregon is good. What etc? There aren't any other good ones...

ps a 2 star on espn.

Interesting: Duzey's Athens HS team uses a Tiger Hawk for their emblem: Troy Athens Redhawks Football

He and his family are all big MSU fans, though. He was hoping for an offer from the Spartans and got one.

Here is some info on him. Scout.com: State Rankings: Michigan Top 80 He is listed as a "riser" in the Michigan top 80 list.

Jake Duzey - Troy Athens:
The "other" Jake is a superb athlete. When I first saw his film last Winter, that was clear, but what was not certain was where he would line up in college. This summer, he has added weight, started looking more like a tight end, and also showed some ability as a linebacker/edge rusher on defense. It is clear now that no matter where he ends up, his athleticism will be an asset for the school that lands him.

Cincy isn't the same team without Kelly and MSU is a mid level Big 10 school. Oregon is good. What etc? There aren't any other good ones...

ps a 2 star on espn.

Oh, I didn't realize he was only a 2 star on ESPN. Now you've convinced me...(note sarcasm).

I agree, when you don't have any/many offers you really suck.

Signed,
Bob Sanders
Dallas Clark
Robert Gallery
Mitch King
Pat Angerer

Should I continue with more names or do you get the point that who and how many offers doesn't mean anything?

Latest posts