Jacobsen

Tierney

He has committed to Iowa State. I think he will help them as a team after his redshirt year, but the way the players are leaving Iowa State he might not be there by then.

not with our front court and he's from Waukee ...Iowa barely sniffed when he was in HS and even after he exceeded some expectations at NEBBIE - I don't think Fran had any interests.

He's a nice player. It's says more about Iowa than it does Jacobsen. UNI has built a successful program around kids just like him.

I was hoping Iowa wouldn't have to play against him again. He looks like a pretty good player to me, but I don't know if he would start for Iowa.

I would expect him to finish up his career nicely. At worst, I think he's a guy you can bring off the bench and play significant minutes. He's probably a guy a coach looks at and can trust. There's not much flashy about his game but he doesn't really hurt you either.

The last thing I forgot to point out is the full year he has to work on his craft. I would imagine you see a fairly significant jump in from now until the year and a half when he gets to see the floor.

UNI would. He would be a great fit at a UNI, and honestly that is the level he should be playing at.
I agree. There he'd start and be a key cog. At ISU he'll be a roll player. Maybe start maybe not. He may be a good player at ISU but nothing to jump and down about. Iowa is so stacked at forward there wouldn't have been a smidgeon of interest from Fran

I agree. There he'd start and be a key cog. At ISU he'll be a roll player. Maybe start maybe not. He may be a good player at ISU but nothing to jump and down about. Iowa is so stacked at forward there wouldn't have been a smidgeon of interest from Fran
This may be splitting hairs, but I disagree. If Jacobsen would accept the fact he probably wouldn't get playing time his first year of eligibility AND was willing to accept the fact that he would have to be a walk-on, I think Fran would welcome him with open arms.

Just my 2¢ .. .. GO HAWKS!!!

He is exactly they type of player that thrives at UNI. He would get experience cutting his teeth vs MAC level talent and gain confidence and swagger over 2-3 years on the floor then be able to bring it vs P5 teams in years 3-4. Developmental with an assist from playing most games vs lesser teams. Speaking of lesser teams, he will likely be more successful in the lil 12.

This may be splitting hairs, but I disagree. If Jacobsen would accept the fact he probably wouldn't get playing time his first year of eligibility AND was willing to accept the fact that he would have to be a walk-on, I think Fran would welcome him with open arms.

Just my 2¢ .. .. GO HAWKS!!!
The kid is plenty good enough for a full ride somewhere though. That said Fran isn't going to put effort into trying to convince a kid good enough to be playing somewhere else on scholly to walk on. That's a decision made by the kid so coaches can't push that envelope. Who's mins would he take? Uhls perhaps? That's not many. He'd be so inconsequential it's hardly worth thinking about. Which is why Fran doesn't want him and he wouldn't have had serious interest in coming. He'll get way more playing time at ISU and I suspect that'll be off the bench initially too

UNI would. He would be a great fit at a UNI, and honestly that is the level he should be playing at.
Uhhhh, UNI isn't that bad. Over the past 10 years I could argue they have been the best team in the state. They beat Iowa and Iowa state on a neutral court almost every other year and barring the worst late game give away, would have had their second sweet 16 in 10 years. Yes, Iowa is trending up, but still.
The kid is plenty good enough for a full ride somewhere though. That said Fran isn't going to put effort into trying to convince a kid good enough to be playing somewhere else on scholly to walk on. That's a decision made by the kid so coaches can't push that envelope. Who's mins would he take? Uhls perhaps? That's not many. He'd be so inconsequential it's hardly worth thinking about. Which is why Fran doesn't want him and he wouldn't have had serious interest in coming. He'll get way more playing time at ISU and I suspect that'll be off the bench initially too
Uhl would be gone when he would become eligible. I don't think he'd have much of a place as a junior, but as a senior he would be great off the bench to spell Pemsl, Cook (if he's still here), Pmac, and Nunge.

I'm hoping that Iowa State recruiting goes along the lines that he will be their star player after his redshirt year. I do think Jacobson is a pretty good player though.

Latest posts