Jack Nunge & Indiana Mr. Basketball

I thnk Wagner has a pretty high potential for the college game. He might be a little short for the pros unless he can successfully switch to a small forward, but Iowa basketball isn't the NBA. The experience of Wagner, Uhl, and Cook will be pretty valuable this year, and they should be a lot better in all facets of their game. Its to bad that Pemsl will miss some work. Nunge, and Garza are going to be good. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. A few years ago, you wouldn't have to think much on who would get the playing time.

Kris Wilkes, the UCLA recruit who beat him out, may turn out to be one and done. Jack will be with us for awhile. And, who knows, maybe this "slight" will prove to be the impetus to go to greater glory like it did White.
I hope that means Iowa plays and continues to beat UCLA, like Iowa and white did.

I have high hopes for Kriener. He's tall, can defend the post, run the court, shoot the outside shot, and block shots. He needs a little more muscle to bang low, and more experience. I think he will be a valuable player the next 3 years. I think he is ahead of Garza. I know many are excited about the potential of the unproven recruit coming on board. But I look at Kriener as a talented, proven player, only to get better with time.

I have high hopes for Kriener. He's tall, can defend the post, run the court, shoot the outside shot, and block shots. He needs a little more muscle to bang low, and more experience. I think he will be a valuable player the next 3 years. I think he is ahead of Garza. I know many are excited about the potential of the unproven recruit coming on board. But I look at Kriener as a talented, proven player, only to get better with time.

I agree HA. Kriener could be everything Woody needed to be, but wasn't, on offense. If only Woody could have drained the 10-15 footer. The thing about all 4 FR last season, they weren't scared or intimidated and they all played like they knew they belonged. Bright, bright future and Garza and Nunge will only add to it. Nunge could be another JU.

I'm with you in liking Kriener's game. His outside shooting makes him very versatile on Offense. I haven't seen Garza so I won't compare the 2.

Although Pemsl had a much nicer year, I still think that Kriener's long term potential is much higher because of his versatility on offense.

Kriener, Garza, and Nunge are all suppose to be gifted offensively. Kriener seemed a little lost at times last year. It will be interesting to see how it all works out. Kriener does have a years experience on the other two, and he was hurt in high school which cost him some development time. It will be interesting. Garza and Nunge aren't slouches.

I wish he would have redshirted last year. He may have helped us win a game or two this year, but I'm afraid I'm going to have similar feeling as I did when Gabe graduated.

Sorry, I was trying to reference Iowa always beating OSU the last few years and White taking over the games. Just trying to incorporate my disdain for the head man at UCLA with the hopes of mauling them in the coming years (if they play each other).

I share your disdain for Golden Boy....

Latest posts