Jack Beneventi-Iowa Commit

How stupid. I am very committed then goes on to talk about other schools for 75% of the interview. This is what is wrong with college football.

How stupid. I am very committed then goes on to talk about other schools for 75% of the interview. This is what is wrong with college football.

You realize he is being asked questions about those schools, right? That is the reason he is talking about them.

That said, if you were engaged and your fiancé says she wants to go on dates with other guys would consider her to be committed? Probably not. Right or wrong ... it's not unique to Iowa.

You realize he is being asked questions about those schools, right? That is the reason he is talking about them.

That said, if you were engaged and your fiancé says she wants to go on dates with other guys would consider her to be committed? Probably not. Right or wrong ... it's not unique to Iowa.

No its not just this kid and he pointed that out. Its what recruiting has come to.

This process is weird to me. I guess it isn't a real commitment until he signs on the dotted line. It almost seems that he is using Iowa to "leverage" other schools

This process is weird to me. I guess it isn't a real commitment until he signs on the dotted line. It almost seems that he is using Iowa to "leverage" other schools

take best offer now and stick with it until something better comes along. that is why coaches like ferentz want an early signing period. then you know where you stand.

Doesn't sound "committed" to me. Seemed like he was just saying what was necessary to get the interview over with without saying something wrong. Won't be surprised when he decommits

take best offer now and stick with it until something better comes along. that is why coaches like ferentz want an early signing period. then you know where you stand.

You change to an earlier signing period then all the crap just gets pushed forward. I do not get excited about recruits until signing day and then not totally excited until I see them enrolled and in camp in August.

Then you never know if they will make grades by december.

Doesn't sound "committed" to me. Seemed like he was just saying what was necessary to get the interview over with without saying something wrong. Won't be surprised when he decommits

Agreed. Something isn't adding up. On the one hand, he talks about Iowa and already trying to put together a team of incoming recruits. In the next breath he's talking about how impressed he is with the coaches of the other schools that have shown interest and where he'll be taking visits.

My take: he gone.

But if he is second guessing his choice and is curious about other schools then he should take those visits. I would hate for Iowa to get kids that might have regret later, if they want to be a Hawk they will sign here.

I'm sure he's playing the bird in the hand game. It is what it is. If he goes down to Texas and they end up offering him.... Maybe they have a 5 star qb commit already I have no clue. But I don't see him going to Louisville when it's all said and done but who knows. Trying to predict this stuff now is nuts. But I will be more surprised if he and the other Iowa qbs all come then if one of them change there minds and go somewhere else. 3 in one class is a bit much. I wouldn't be against it at all just surprised.

You change to an earlier signing period then all the crap just gets pushed forward. I do not get excited about recruits until signing day and then not totally excited until I see them enrolled and in camp in August.

Then you never know if they will make grades by december.

Not necessarily just going to push things back. I know there are a lot of commitments right after Junior year. But as is stands, a lot of schools hold offers until they see summer camps and/or senior film. A spring signing period would just take the players off the plate that everyone already knows can play (the more known quantities). And since there isn't a lot of football-related activity from the end of football season to the spring, there wouldn't be near as much of this flip-flop.

What did Mitch King do?

He only had offers from Iowa and ISU and according to Rivals he verballed to Iowa 8 months before he even took his official visit to Iowa City. Rivals also shows he took no other official visits besides Iowa.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Mitch-King-18616

yeah, i kinda laughed and wondered the same thing when i read his comparison. i'm pretty sure he is thinking of someone else and using Mitch King's name by mistake.

Iowa recruits should probably get used to stronger competition; look at our running back list, our wide receivers, and the fact that offensive and defensive linemen almost never play much at Iowa until they are upper classmen. I won't judge this kid individually for whatever he does, but a committed recruit who backs out due to heavy competition at his position may not be someone we should worry about losing.

Latest posts