Jack Beneventi-Iowa Commit

Don't know anymore than anyone else but I'll bet he is a Hawk in the end.

* He's been to a number of schools and camps prior to his Iowa verbal yet at that time it came down to two schools close to home

* He still has visited Iowa on several occasions since his verbal and sounds like he'll be here once again for the spring game

* Still trying to recruit players to commit to Iowa as he has done from the get go

If competition and the number of QB's Iowa has received verbals on is the issue I would think he would have taken stronger action if he was very upset but he's still a Hawk right now anyway.

How stupid. I am very committed then goes on to talk about other schools for 75% of the interview. This is what is wrong with college football.

What R U smokin crack head...obviously the new study on dope smoking is having it's effect on you. You should give it up Out of TOWNHAWK. The reason Beneventi has opened things up is because the IOWA coaching staff went after Boyle from Dowling. This is one of the stupidest recruiting decision maybe ever by this staff but time will tell. In other recruiting news we got a walk on TE the other day!

What R U smokin crack head...obviously the new study on dope smoking is having it's effect on you. You should give it up Out of TOWNHAWK. The reason Beneventi has opened things up is because the IOWA coaching staff went after Boyle from Dowling. This is one of the stupidest recruiting decision maybe ever by this staff but time will tell. In other recruiting news we got a walk on TE the other day!

So the staff is supposed to pass on a kids with potential, cause some other kid doesn't want any competition?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/193112/drew-cook
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/191615/ryan-boyle
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/187861/jack-beneventi

you calling anyone else a crack head. rich.

Using the ESPN rankings in the links above:

Cook - 20th best athlete
Boyle - 26th best dual-threat
Beneventi - 20th best dual-threat

Each brings different skill set to the table and I don't think Drew Cook was recruited as a QB but I could be wrong. Either way, if anyone of the three decides to go elsewhere I'm not concerned. I'd love to get them all into Black & Gold. If not, carry on.

I think it's natural for a kid to look at the number of athletes already at his position. His initial reaction could be...

1) He saw other QBs offered/committing and wonders if he's a fall-back

2) He wonders if he is viewed as a "soft" commitment with the other QB offers and questions whether the relationship is as solid as he would like

3) As an out-of-state kid, he may wonder whether or not he has the same chance to play/succeed as an in-state kid

4) Our offer/his commit opened up other offers he hadn't had/thought about and he wants to look and take visits

For every early commit where we all rejoice, we also have to be a little skeptical when a kid takes his first offer, or one of his first couple offers.

As someone mentioned above, as long as he is open/honest with the staff, then he should at least take those visits.

It happens every year. We end up losing out on some, thus, the late offers/commits we often see.

Latest posts